Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001997 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8865 on: October 11, 2018, 02:31:26 pm »

So, Norway is currently involved in a large-scale military exercise, and the US decided to send one of their aircraft carriers along for the fun.

The Nimitz-class "Harry S. Truman" is one third of a kilometer in length and can house more aircraft than the entire air force of Norway.

And yet we have nationalist parties who are convinced that Norway can just tell everyone to fuck off and build a viking castle full of oil while flipping the bird at the rest of the world...
Do you believe the Americans would truly freedom bomb Norway for what oil they retain?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: October 11, 2018, 02:45:21 pm »

So, Norway is currently involved in a large-scale military exercise, and the US decided to send one of their aircraft carriers along for the fun.

The Nimitz-class "Harry S. Truman" is one third of a kilometer in length and can house more aircraft than the entire air force of Norway.

And yet we have nationalist parties who are convinced that Norway can just tell everyone to fuck off and build a viking castle full of oil while flipping the bird at the rest of the world...
Do you believe the Americans would truly freedom bomb Norway for what oil they retain?
If we were completely isolated, not members of NATO or the EU, and not important allies of the remaining members? Probably. Them or the Russians. Probably not with so much fanfare as invading and dropping bombs, but definitely some political infiltration and destabilization in order to install a puppet government.

Norway controls some very tasty oil fields, and we've got fuckall population/military. Yes, some of the most terrifying spec ops in the world along with some elite units like TMBN, but they just don't have the numbers to fight a war on their own, and the national guard is a total joke (we didn't have bullets). And our counterintelligence also just isn't up to snuff compared to the big kids.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: October 11, 2018, 02:46:51 pm »

Hey, we gotta spend all this military budget on someone, may as well be Norwegians.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8868 on: October 11, 2018, 02:52:48 pm »

If we were completely isolated, not members of NATO or the EU, and not important allies of the remaining members? Probably. Them or the Russians. Probably not with so much fanfare as invading and dropping bombs, but definitely some political infiltration and destabilization in order to install a puppet government.

Norway controls some very tasty oil fields, and we've got fuckall population/military. Yes, some of the most terrifying spec ops in the world along with some elite units like TMBN, but they just don't have the numbers to fight a war on their own, and the national guard is a total joke (we didn't have bullets). And our counterintelligence also just isn't up to snuff compared to the big kids.
I can see Russians annexing Norway's islands and arctic claims but the USA is unlikely

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: October 11, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »

I can see Russians annexing Norway's islands and arctic claims but the USA is unlikely

Probably more likely that Sweden would decide to intervene. Sure, they try to be the Switzerland of Scandinavia, but they aren't quite as neutral as they show themselves.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: October 11, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »

Yes, some of the most terrifying spec ops in the world along with some elite units like TMBN...

Misread as TMNT for a second there. No worries when the Teenage Mutant ninja turtles are protecting your country.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8871 on: October 11, 2018, 04:51:43 pm »

Probably more likely that Sweden would decide to intervene. Sure, they try to be the Switzerland of Scandinavia, but they aren't quite as neutral as they show themselves.
Sweden cannot protect itself, how would it intervene in Norway?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: October 11, 2018, 04:54:01 pm »

Sweden cannot protect itself, how would it intervene in Norway?

They would call down Thor?

lol....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8873 on: October 11, 2018, 04:55:00 pm »

lol....
Norway and Sweden have joint custody

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: October 11, 2018, 05:03:26 pm »

lol....
Norway and Sweden have joint custody

Of the oil fields? Didn't know that. Or do you mean the god Thor??

Thought you were being non-serious rather than asking a serious question about the US and didn't notice a transition to talking seriously if there was one.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:18:55 pm by smjjames »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: October 11, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »

Yes, some of the most terrifying spec ops in the world along with some elite units like TMBN...

Misread as TMNT for a second there. No worries when the Teenage Mutant ninja turtles are protecting your country.

Nah, climate's too cold, and we have shitty pizza. Also, you think people can afford to live in the sewers here? Pah, luxury!

And yeah, basically our "in the event of an invasion" plan is to go cry mummy to the rest of NATO and have them step in. That, and start an underground resistance movement to make Norwegian real estate even less desirable than it currently is... Something we happen to have a history of doing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8876 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »

Of the oil fields? Didn't know that. Or do you mean the god Thor??

Thought you were being non-serious rather than asking a serious question about the US and didn't notice a transition to talking seriously if there was one.
Joint custody of Thor

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: October 12, 2018, 04:44:37 am »

You can't call down Thor. That would escalate any conflict. Soon you'll have the Russians bringing in Baba Yaga and Koschei the Deathless! Perun and Czernobog! It's madness, mutually assured deicide! The world would never be the same! Man, it would be so cool.

One imagines the US would be at a disadvantage here from the lack of old mythology, unless they can tap into Native stuff or go the American Gods route with gods of Oil and Media and the like. The God Gap is a real and pressing danger.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: October 12, 2018, 04:56:17 am »

Bible belters could probably whip up a vengeful God from the OT's recipe book.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: October 12, 2018, 07:47:34 am »

Bible belters could probably whip up a vengeful God from the OT's recipe book.

BEARS! Bears are a reasonable response to someone insulting your baldness!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 793