Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002167 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10215 on: August 09, 2019, 05:46:51 pm »

How do you even revoke article 50 after exit because it won't exist for them because they're no longer in the EU? Unless you meant the snap election, yeah, looks like he's planning to do that, but it theoretically could happen anytime.

Yes, revoking article 50 is an option, but they're refusing to consider it as an option. Who knows what may happen though at the 11th hour as no-deal Brexit ticks closer and louder and they become more frenzied and desperate. It happening on Halloween seems oddly appropriate, somehow.

Also, with all the talk of Britain and Ireland and the EU preparing for no-deal Brexit, I can't help but wonder if the US may need to prepare in some way. Then again, not sure what we would need to do outside of letting individual companies prepare as needed and just keeping an eye on the ball so as to be ready to deal with things that need to be dealt with. Wouldn't be suprised if the Trump Adminstration got caught flatfooted though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 06:05:31 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: August 09, 2019, 06:09:15 pm »

The US is too busy fueling a worldwide recession to prepare for Brexit. And mind my word: Brexit will be the spark that triggers the former.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: August 09, 2019, 06:30:39 pm »

The US is too busy fueling a worldwide recession to prepare for Brexit. And mind my word: Brexit will be the spark that triggers the former.
Well, something has to. All this fuss of "we're nearing a recession but maybe not but this sign points to yes however..." annoys the hell out of me. Let's just get this thing over with already.

Even if it doesn't, Brexit could very well set the stage for another trigger that DOES send things into a recession. It's rarely a single cause but a whole constellation of cause and effects.

For all of Trumps focus to not screw up the economy (in the way he interprets it) and thus win* in 2020 on it, it's ironic in a way that it'll come from something utterly beyond his control. Not that Presidents have much direct control of the economy in the first place.

*History is mostly against him winning during a recession, but it's not impossible either.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 06:33:50 pm by smjjames »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: August 09, 2019, 07:06:47 pm »

Wouldn't be suprised if the Trump Adminstration got caught flatfooted though.
I'd be suprised if he wasn't caught flatfooted

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: August 13, 2019, 10:28:29 am »

He doesn't care about the southern hemisphere, and isn't good at geography.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: August 13, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »

His class kit, in addition to providing multiple rages/day, states that he can't be caught flat-footed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: August 19, 2019, 08:05:09 pm »

Am I trippin', or does Boyko Borisov look like a partially-melted George Clooney?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: August 19, 2019, 10:26:40 pm »

the unholy spawn of George Clooney and John Goodman

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: August 22, 2019, 03:28:11 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/741847772642488/videos/2403045483317881/

Ah, Northern Ireland.

Sorry about the FB link, but they don't exactly post this stuff on the BBC XD

Edited-in-disclaimer: Link contains dead body in coffin and firearms. Best not to open in work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:36:25 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:42 pm »

The problem with facebook links is that it worries me that facebook will think I like watching weird shit and will further bombard me with weird shit. And I will directly blame you
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: August 22, 2019, 06:35:12 pm »

Yes, actually, that's a very good point. I'll add a disclaimer to the post.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:32 pm »

Cross-postin’, ‘cause it belongs here more than there:

This is somewhat tangential, but I found it amusing to read:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/Research/controlling-immigration-good-democracy

Modus morons indeed.

For an article entitled “controlling immigrants is good for democracy” one would expect an article that actually explains how controlling immigrants is good for democracy. He doesn’t even do that in the five paragraphs he wrote on democracy and immigration, at the very end of the article.

It was an interesting enough read, if a little shaky in the logic department.

What sort of institutional change are you expecting, when everything else remains the same? The same parties, controlled by the same people, with the same electorate?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: August 25, 2019, 12:51:53 pm »

Yep. Britain aims for the long term, but Remainers can't stop fixating on the short term. Personally I see it as a case of differing priorities, very (extremely) loosely divided between those who value economic stability and those who favour institutional change and reform. Of course, it is much easier to label the last as "the ignorant and deluded"  ::)

What the fuck's happened to political discourse? Or has it always been this shit and my entire life has just been a series of steadily unfolding revelations as to how fucking stupid and malicious humanity is?

Frankly, people like you have. Judgmental and completely, aye unassailably, convinced of your utter correctness. Another side disagrees with me? They're stupid! Ignorant! Misled! Anything other than simply being possessed of differing values and political ideas!
I'm not saying that the other side disagrees with me, QED they're morons (There is a bit of irony in that I never stated that and you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I am), what I'm saying is that every time a report comes out, no matter who it's from whether it's the government, EU, independent think-tanks or even pro-leave or no-deal politicians, you get people coming out of the woodwork screaming about how it's all made up and it's all bullshit and how Britain will be stronger outside the EU etc. etc. when pretty much everything *apart* from people that are just making crap up on the spot (And fairly often they'll accidentally leak something that indicates that they were blatantly lying) indicate that it's going to be bad. Sure, maybe you want to change the institutions or whatever, that's acceptable, I understand that one even if I disagree with it, but what I straight up don't get is the deluded people that pretend (Or are so deluded they straight up believe) that the world is presently out to get them and that their views are 100% in the right regardless of who is telling them it isn't. They're the same kind of people that could probably bear witness to evolution in action then still scream about how evolution doesn't exist and it's all a conspiracy made up by scientists. It's straight up delusion! (And some bots, at least on social media)

I mean, I remember seeing that one thing where a guy was arguing with protestors that sincerely believed that the UK was just inherently better than the EU countries with no backing it up. The guy said "Right, so what you're saying is that the UK is somehow intrinsically better than the UK?" and was met with them saying that he'd finally got it.

EDIT: Actually, re-looking at my post I see how you could easily think that I was going on about all leavers. Didn't actually mean it that way, I'm just exasperated at the situation and it's rather clouding my ability to look at my own posts from a point of view other than my own, apologies there.

EDIT2: Thinking about it, it's probably an idea to refrain from posting about anything other than generic rants when I'm feeling like this. I'm likely to get into this situation again where I say something in a poor way and wind up conveying the wrong thing. Exasperation just seems to screw with my ability to word good.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:14:17 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: August 25, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »

It'll be over soon anyway, one way or another. Unless Johnson somehow convinces* the EU to delay the date even further, it'll either be leave with some sort of deal by or on October 31st or it all ends with a Brexit no-deal crashthrough at 11:59:59 on October 31st.

*Well, I suppose if a general election is triggered, it might procedurally hit the pause button, I'm not sure if that would happen then or if the EU still has to okay a further delay. Though I can see them easily going 'This is BS, no way.' since they are certainly just as tired of it getting kicked down the road as everybody else in Britain.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: August 25, 2019, 10:34:40 pm »

Boris won’t cave. He suffers, ostensibly, from the delusion that Britain is somehow Great, and has any sort of political capital to invest in getting the EU to capitulate.

He knows the EU won’t renegotiate unless he can come up with a reasonable alternative, which he does not have, else he would have presented it already. Now he’s trying to make it look like the inevitable no-deal is all the EU’s fault.

Whether or not the parliament can come up with something to delay or halt this utter mess, though, is the big question. If the referendum two years ago was “do you want to see a huge political mess for two years, two changes of government because the leadership are liars, cowards, and incompetents, resulting in nothing actually getting done and we then leave wholly under-prepared and looking like mugs, or remain?” We certainly wouldn’t find ourselves in this mess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 793