Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859932 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2535 on: February 07, 2017, 01:42:11 pm »

People throwing food in the halls and shrieking like demented baboons.

I often wonder how some people can so fervently deny our place as animals.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2536 on: February 07, 2017, 01:58:35 pm »

It is very important to the human psyche to feel that we're more important than cats, dogs, beetles, viruses, or even rocks and mud.  It isn't true, but it's important.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2537 on: February 07, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »

Ugh. I hate that kind of thing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 07, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »

Compared to how much I stress about this class off-campus, I just can't even pretend to care while I'm here. The entire lecture I've been on Bay12, Facebook and typing tests to look busy. The stuff in the lecture is jumbled, out-of-order and massively simplified compared to what we're actually expected to know anyway, so I might as well just read the textbook and pretend this is an online class. I don't know how I would have survived if this class weren't in the computer lab. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: February 07, 2017, 05:49:46 pm »

Aye...

That is true for a lot of my classes.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 08, 2017, 08:20:15 am »

-snip-
Ok, maybe it's me but...I've been hearing stuff like these from people about university in America and...are things really like that about quality at times? o_O Just curious because it's pretty weird seeing that happen.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 08, 2017, 08:31:09 am »

I agree with the T.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 08, 2017, 03:00:33 pm »

Depends on the class, and also very much on whether the professor is a part-timer. The professor in this psychology class is a part-timer, and judging from various out-of-class interactions he doesn't seem to really give a damn about this gig. Very "I will fulfill the most strict definition of teacher and nothing more" kinda guy. Most of the professors here are alright, its a small school so you can potentially get quite a lot of individual help if the professor's full-time, on campus the entire day for most of the week.

The main Spanish teacher is lovely, and over five terms of math I ended up having quite an advantage due to having the same professor who knew all the parts where I struggled and was able to follow up on shared knowledge from previous classes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:02:09 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 09, 2017, 01:43:34 am »

I've forgotten what name I came up with for the cocktail I invented yesterday. :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 09, 2017, 02:54:41 am »

The Battle Tree in pokemon moon is hard... the difficulty can be described as 'castrating'. To get the very best prize, I need an unbroken win streak of 200, and I can only get up to 24 so far... Like, you not only need perfectly raised pokemon, but awesome synergy, a flawless strategy, and perfect knowledge about the game; but that's ontop of needing to also be outrageously lucky for the many RNG elements that can trip you up, and having to fight uphill against an AI that is analyzing your team and deliberately creating trainers that counter you specifically.

You'd think I was scaling the mountain to get the number 1# headband at the amount of resistance the game is putting up. I need to put the game down for how upset I'm getting at this cartoony children's game.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: February 10, 2017, 02:14:25 am »

-snip-
Ok, maybe it's me but...I've been hearing stuff like these from people about university in America and...are things really like that about quality at times? o_O Just curious because it's pretty weird seeing that happen.
The American university experience is paying tens of thousands of dollars in tuition and then not getting free printing at the library.

Its weird how much they cut costs considering every year they bring in more and more revenue.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: February 10, 2017, 05:48:04 am »

> disrupting /pol/

Did you set hell on fire, too?

I tried to do that, but it was declared redundant.

Also, my ban was overturned on appeal.

Then I set hell on fire again.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 10, 2017, 06:37:21 am »

I miss when /pol/ was full of genuine fringe loonies and not just neocons plus edge plus butthurt.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:13 pm »

Bluh. Recently got a more-or-less untrained dog foisted on the house people. Somewhat leash trained, sorta' housebroken, and that's about it. I... don't really have the energy or baseline give-a-damn-about-the-dog to really do what needs to be done on that front so far as attention and effort goes, to make sure it's trained enough it's not going to mess up the house or charge off and get itself run over and/or maimed by the neighborhood cats (this is not a very large dog, it's mostly been a house dog, and as near as I'm aware by itself in that realm. The strays around here will fuck this dog up if it tries to have a go at them, and whoever had it last didn't break it of chasing behavior to even the least of degrees). Doing what I can, but the animal needs the sort of consistency I can't really manage, particularly when there's other people involved that's, well. Old. And already settling in on insisting to do stuff that reinforces bad behavior the dog came to us with. For folks that have never worked with animals in any capacity, it is a complete motherfucker to train an animal when it's regularly interacting with people that incentivize/allow behavior you're trying to stop. Consistency of treatment is absolutely integral to inculcating desired behavior in animals in general and dogs in particular. There's more leeway once the behavior's been more or less ingrained, but for the process getting there, there's very much not much leeway.

It's... not a good combination, in the sense of I'm not sure the dog's lifespan is going to be very long if it stays here. Probably going to see if I can talk someone into sending the thing to obedience training of some sort, but I don't know how much that would actually help, long run wise. Usually better than half the problems a dog has is problems the owner has, and in this case they're problems that might not be able to be addressed.

Alternate (much, much better, but the lot of us here in general and me in particular got no warning it was coming and no consultation on whether it was wise to begin with) idea is to try to convince the other-family that brought the animal that the people here really need a both a different breed of dog, and one that's well trained and coming from a untroubled background.* Pretty doubtful that'll be on the table, unfortunately.

* This one has very clearly been hit before, and hit by something and not just by hand, ferex. Don't really think it was abuse, per se, just a kinda' piss-poor previous owner. Some folks -- usually the same sort that are casually accepting of corporal punishment for kids, tbh -- don't quite understand the problems involved with causing a pet pain in an attempt to change its behavior.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:10:55 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 10, 2017, 05:37:05 pm »

No luck finding tires for the car in my price range. it's always that nobody has them or they're too expensive. We're wobbling around pretty bad because one of them seems to be coming apart. Just hoping I dont have to get towed home tonight.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 779