Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855397 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Reading narrative format X-Com (old and new) LP's has made me want an X-Com TV show more than I already did. I doubt it'll happen, the fervor seemed to die after newcom 2. Dunno what the plot would be except the same damn thing that has happened in every main X-Com game to date (kill -> research -> kill bigger thing, until you kill the biggest thing and win). I'd still like to see it, though.
X-Files style investigative duo trying to figure out what's happening and how, if at all, their strange findings relate to the alien menace and their nature and goals. I may have just described Supernatural.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Something focused on rooting out infiltrators might be pretty solid. Kinda' like a crime drama/spy thriller thing except more blaster bombs and snake people. Most of the normal x-comy stuff would be more backdrop than focus, probably. If you want real bonus points, you could ditch nucom and set it in the apocalypse setting. That comes with a fair amount more built-in hooks for intrigue, entire new backdrop points like racial tension and corporate shenanigans, all sorts of mess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Did a dance of death with a wasp. Lost. Now huddling in my chair in a thick coat and hoping the stinging needles of doom don't descend from their kingdom by the light.

((In other words, I tried to capture the wasp in a crisp packet to get it outside. Killing it goes against my personal philosophy of killing nothing. When I failed, I think I made it angry.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

2 words.

vacuum cleaner.

suck up the bug, release from canister outside.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like it would hurt the wasp?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

shopvac silly. The impeller fan is behind the dust filter. Uses air pressure alone to get stuff into the canister.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

I kill flies/wasps/bees/annoying bugs by using an old-fashioned method: The Palm of Death! But yea, try vacuum cleaner if your religion/morality doesn't allow it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kill flies/wasps/bees/annoying bugs by using an old-fashioned method: The Palm of Death! But yea, try vacuum cleaner if your religion/morality doesn't allow it.
Don't wasps sting you if you hit them with their hand? How do you avoid getting stung?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Don't wasps sting you if you hit them with their hand? How do you avoid getting stung?

Unpractical/Risky method: Apply extreme pressure and smash the insect into the wall/window/surface.
Practical method: Use The Rag of Death, and then crush the bug. I need to experiment with leather glove one day.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mission: Leave for Class and Hope it's Gone When I Return seems to have been largely effective.

However, I am now highly suspicious of everything in my room.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ah, that's a familiar sensation these days, though more with spiders, for me. Be glad the wasp is real, and doesn't have friends of a dissimilar nature.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

I'm trying to clear out My Documents so I can actually put things in there, yet also have a chance of finding them again.

This is harder than I expected, because almost every game and large application I own puts all their shit in there without asking. Rather than a sensible place like the install directory or AppData, saved games and config files all get dumped in My Documents next to all my essays, sheet music, programming, book scans, and other things that actually belong in My Documents.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not just make documents on your desktop and stick essays and things in there? That's what I do.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Why not make folders?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

There's already several folders that I can't get rid of or move, because they contain active saved games for Fallout NV, Mass Effect trilogy, OpenXCom, various ARMA games, as well as data for Skype add-ons, Adobe Premiere and FL Studio. So, abundance of folders is the problem.

Why not just make documents on your desktop and stick essays and things in there? That's what I do.

My desktop is my temporary workspace. Things I don't intend to keep long, go on the desktop.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 778