Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859720 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4890 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:32 pm »

I'm definitely of the introverted style. Like, I enjoy being in the company of others and I like hanging out with friends, but fuck does it wear me out...

"No man is an island" and all that, but some islands have grass that needs to recover from being stood on, and other islands have grass that grows from shooting the shit.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 11, 2018, 02:47:57 pm »

I'm definitely of the introverted style. Like, I enjoy being in the company of others and I like hanging out with friends, but fuck does it wear me out...

"No man is an island" and all that, but some islands have grass that needs to recover from being stood on, and other islands have grass that grows from shooting the shit.

A classic gregarious introvert, like me.  Sadly, if I don't go out then I am allowed to dwell on my depression, so either I'm knackered or I'm miserable.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 11, 2018, 06:33:01 pm »

I don't really want to go to work tomorrow, but I have to because I said I would be there and help with stuff.
AAARGH! I knew I should just have declined last week..
(Just feeling really lazy lately.)
(Anyone have a cure for laziness?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:41:41 pm by Ultimuh »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 11, 2018, 09:34:25 pm »

Someone once described me as an introverted extrovert, and heck if that didn't hit the nail on the head.
I crave social interaction but am terrible at it, and even when I do manage to engage in it with some success it leaves me emotionally exhausted.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4894 on: November 12, 2018, 01:59:20 am »

It's almost like people's social needs and tendencies can't be described by a binary, or even a one-dimensional spectrum. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 12, 2018, 02:19:14 am »

It can be tempting to go too far in the opposite extreme of imagining a sort of infinitely rich personal complexity that isn't there, though. I'd guess that a significant portion of the basis for my personality is just composed of things I originally learned from the first couple seasons of Spongebob, for instance. The rest is likely cobbled together from forgotten experiences as an infant, with the finishing touches sprinkled with junk read off the internet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4896 on: November 12, 2018, 02:26:11 am »

Oh, of course. It's just that I'm increasingly unsatisfied with introvert vs. extrovert as a descriptor. I can be completely drained by being alone, or by being with my family, or either can bring my energy levels up; working with groups I don't like leaves me exhausted, but teaching kids or working with a competent team tackling an interesting problem will have me buzzing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 12, 2018, 08:49:03 am »

I will begin to call myself an imtrovert.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 12, 2018, 01:20:15 pm »

(One of) Our local homeless alcoholics lost their dog. Apparently it didnt see the guy leave. Its been standing outside the door giving me sad puppy dog eyes ever since. Walked right up to me this morning looking for pets too. Such a nice dog.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 12, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »

It sounds like the dog lost it's homeless person to me.
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: November 12, 2018, 08:06:07 pm »

Should be sleeping but my sleep has been kinda upturned in the last week or so for no particular reason really. But beyond that, I don't want to go to sleep because I'm getting a bit of an anxiety about everything all at once for whatever reason and I'm too jittery to want to go to sleep.

And there's a funereal tommorrow and everything that entails ffs.

I just wanna lock myself in a small box for like, a month or so, or until life decides to go around instead of over me :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: November 13, 2018, 05:02:02 am »

I was supposed to do things today; this was supposed to be my one day this week where I actually do something marginally constructive. Instead, I woke up with a sore throat and now I'm worried that I'm coming down with a cold.

Also the government agency handling my disability payments has apparently signed me up for some bizarre program called "[local soccer club], True Love", where I will be "accepted and welcomed as part of the team", in order to prep me for future career opportunities.

At no point has my case worker actually talked to me about this, I just got a reminder in the mail about when and where I should be meeting up. No fucking clue what's up with that, and I don't really want to contact my worker about it before showing up and giving it a chance, since I'm pretty sure his opinion of me is already "whiny quitter", so yeah... Neat. That's on Thursday.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: November 13, 2018, 04:35:44 pm »

Might still be worth a "Yo what the fuck" while still going. Just because you're on disability doesn't mean you're not an adult and should have your agency taken from you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: November 15, 2018, 04:58:34 am »

His general position has previously been "well we're the ones sending you money and I'm in charge of your process, so really you should be thankful that we're providing you with all these opportunities", such as that one horribly unsuited program that I lasted a whole three days with before throwing in the towel, and which he eventually got chewed out for when my shrink got wind of the whole affair.

Anyways the thing's today and as far as I can tell the first session is just one hour. With any luck it'll pass without much consequence.

In other news, I've upgraded from pure cereal to actually making myself sandwiches for breakfast. This requires bread, however... I got sniped at a bit by my girlfriend when she saw the loaf, with "why on earth did you buy bread at the store? I work at a bakery, I could've just picked one up from work for [roughly 30% less]!", and felt a bit foolish (I really hadn't even considered that thought). Then when it was just about finished off, I asked her if she could snag a loaf from work the next day like she'd said.

Next day comes, and she didn't manage to pick up the bread at work, since there was a bit too much to do and she didn't make it in time. But she was just going to go help her friend with some moving in, so she could pick up a loaf from the store on the way back.

Then she came home about five minutes before the stores close, without any bread. Guess I'll have tortilla chips for breakfast.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: November 15, 2018, 06:39:34 am »

Kagus, my man, I think it's past time you were leaven.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 779