Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855420 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8805 on: April 06, 2021, 06:04:43 am »

It's a reference to an old Swedish sailors' working song become children's song called Albertina/Det byggdes ett skepp uti Norden where the "pumpaläns" (I spelled it wrong) is a recurring declaration.

It means roughly "pump the bilge (water)"
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: April 06, 2021, 06:12:43 am »

What the hell's up with all these ships now days?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: April 06, 2021, 06:33:49 am »

People are actually paying attention a little, mostly. World loses like a solid dozen or more large ships each year, iirc, nevermind smaller ones, it just usually doesn't make the news much.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: April 06, 2021, 07:02:17 am »

What the hell's up with all these ships now days?
Well, you know.
Ship happens
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03:23 am »

Yahoo Answers will be shut down on May 4th.

Now we shall never know how is babby formed.
It has been a long time coming. Yahoo deleted and hid millions of old questions and then put in an extremely strict automod system. It lost its charm and hilarity and the only real reasons to watch it.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: April 07, 2021, 10:12:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:18:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: April 07, 2021, 12:42:14 pm »

Received a PW with stupid amounts of special signs on my job. Locked myself out thanks to a stupidly antique keyboad design. These are the same people that write down and share passwords all day long. This makes me much more angry than it should fucking stupid pseudosecurity I want to punch a hole in a drywall.

I have about 10-12 passwords at any given time at work, with different rules for each.

I effectively have 2 sets: daily use, and sign in by clicking the forgot password button. One password requires the password to change the password, so I call IT about 2-3 times per year to have them manually reset it. It's enough work to try to guess the rules (they aren't displayed anywhere after you set up the account the first time) for each that I've given up even trying.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: April 07, 2021, 03:37:21 pm »

fuckin' GPU driver updates.

Every time. They completely cock up my display's brightness/contrast/gamma settings of both of my displays. Its not just that it's a fucking disaster for someone doing stuff where color accuracy is key, such as 3d rendering. its also seemingly impossible to find a combination of these settings that doesn't make my eyes bleed... while still retaining proper white/black levels, not washing out the colors or making them too saturated.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: April 07, 2021, 05:29:00 pm »

fuckin' GPU driver updates.

Every time. They completely cock up my display's brightness/contrast/gamma settings of both of my displays. Its not just that it's a fucking disaster for someone doing stuff where color accuracy is key, such as 3d rendering. its also seemingly impossible to find a combination of these settings that doesn't make my eyes bleed... while still retaining proper white/black levels, not washing out the colors or making them too saturated.

EventHorizonDon'tNeedEyes.jpg

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: April 08, 2021, 10:15:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:18:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: April 08, 2021, 12:40:37 pm »

Recent change in weather was rather shit and unexpected. We went from some 20ish degrees to bloody snow in a span of 3 days. More of the stuff fell and stuck in April than it did the whole damn winter :V

Anyways, was caught off with that shit and now I've got a cold, nothing too serious as far as colds go, some sore throat and coughing but mostly a fucking headache that one let go for a second day now. I don't often get headaches but when I do the shit is irritating to say the list, just a numbing cloud around my thoughts that kills any desire to do anything other than sit still and do nothing until it goes away.

To make matters worse a friend is visiting this week and while I've seen them twice already I probably won't catch another chance in at least a month of two which doubly sucks :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: April 08, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »

Recent change in weather was rather shit and unexpected. We went from some 20ish degrees to bloody snow in a span of 3 days. More of the stuff fell and stuck in April than it did the whole damn winter :V

Anyways, was caught off with that shit and now I've got a cold, nothing too serious as far as colds go, some sore throat and coughing but mostly a fucking headache that one let go for a second day now. I don't often get headaches but when I do the shit is irritating to say the list, just a numbing cloud around my thoughts that kills any desire to do anything other than sit still and do nothing until it goes away.

To make matters worse a friend is visiting this week and while I've seen them twice already I probably won't catch another chance in at least a month of two which doubly sucks :I

We're going the other way. Went from ~20 C to well into the 30s. It'll be comfortable to be outside again starting in November.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »

Same here. Sadly it's wet sludge snow. It melts when it hits the ground. No snowmen, no snowball fights.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: April 08, 2021, 01:15:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:23:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: April 08, 2021, 02:45:23 pm »

+1.
Sudden spring cold snaps like this wreak havoc on bumblebees, bees, wasps, hornets and many more insect species.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 778