Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859793 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8850 on: April 27, 2021, 09:52:36 am »

He's most likely just busy trying to keep the whole house and everything/everyone in it from completely falling apart. Finding time and electricity to come on here is probably a luxury.

...I hope that's all it is, anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: April 27, 2021, 10:04:29 am »

It's like allergies

Or just that.  If you're going around with your eyes all teary all day, your brain is gonna start making shit up to justify it, even if it really is just allergies.  Get that antihistamines on!

Hahahaha, no, it's not allergies. I got tested and am allergic to literally nothing. I was just sad yesterday.

Might have been the aftereffects of the vaccine. I respond weirdly to a lot of things (e.g. by crying randomly). Feel fine now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: April 27, 2021, 10:28:37 am »

It's like allergies

Or just that.  If you're going around with your eyes all teary all day, your brain is gonna start making shit up to justify it, even if it really is just allergies.  Get that antihistamines on!

Hahahaha, no, it's not allergies. I got tested and am allergic to literally nothing. I was just sad yesterday.

Might have been the aftereffects of the vaccine. I respond weirdly to a lot of things (e.g. by crying randomly). Feel fine now.

Maybe you're allergic to sharp pieces of metal getting jabbed into your arm?   :P
The second shot is tough for lots of people.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: April 27, 2021, 10:52:25 am »

Slightly worried about LordBaal. Read an article in my newspaper today the the Venezoalean goverment has been murdering and torturing innocent civilians in a 'war against terrorism', many thousands have fled to the jungle or to Colombia.

Havent seen a post from him in over a week or somesuch.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/venezolaanse-burgers-op-de-vlucht-uit-angst-voor-geweld-veiligheidstroepen~bb26d215/

I see a post from him two days ago, and his profile says he logged in yesterday.

I'd have linked the post directly, if not for the Greatorder issue.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: April 27, 2021, 10:54:36 am »

Unrelated- Rolan, I'm totally tickled that you're now the resident bike repair expert and that you can just sort of reach across the internet in a community and you'll have 'the bike guy' or 'the databending guy' or 'the guy with the scoop on healthcare.' Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Also methyl needs to be very careful threading the cable in!  If you don't solder the end (which most people don't) it can fray, and once that happens you have to wirecut a significant portion of it.  Particularly if you try to force it.

Yeah IDK, I worked in a bike shop back in college (along with a lot of maintaining my own bike on multi-day tours) but that was, uh, over a decade ago.  I'm a little annoyed about my age but I enjoy letting those memories surface.  I still bike for groceries on that same steel touring bike, hehe, but the brakes pads are just old/hard and need replacing.  And I don't wanna.  They're just a bit noisy (and inefficient).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: April 27, 2021, 11:00:33 am »

Slightly worried about LordBaal. Read an article in my newspaper today the the Venezoalean goverment has been murdering and torturing innocent civilians in a 'war against terrorism', many thousands have fled to the jungle or to Colombia.

Havent seen a post from him in over a week or somesuch.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/venezolaanse-burgers-op-de-vlucht-uit-angst-voor-geweld-veiligheidstroepen~bb26d215/

I see a post from him two days ago, and his profile says he logged in yesterday.

I'd have linked the post directly, if not for the Greatorder issue.
Okay that's a relief. I have no idea anymore how to use the search function to see when someone was last online, because of the Greatorder issue.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: April 27, 2021, 11:05:13 am »

I just directly googled "lordbaal bay12", found a thread with him in it, and got to his profile from there.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: April 27, 2021, 11:06:13 am »

I typed LordBaal in the forum's search bar and it showed me his last post was april 14th  :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: April 27, 2021, 11:08:27 am »

I typed LordBaal in the forum's search bar and it showed me his last post was april 14th  :P

I think the forum's search bar only looks for the text of messages, rather than their author. April 14th was the last time someone quoted LordBaal, so that was the most recent time his name was posted.
My mods and forum games.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: April 27, 2021, 11:19:05 am »

Or be like me, watching the "Users Online" section like a hawk. I refuse to write it down anywhere, and I don't disclose what I do remember if at all possible, so I guess it's okayish? Looking at profiles is where I draw the line; I stop at staring at usernames.

...I'm fully expecting the hidden users count to triple or quadruple after this. Go on, I won't check.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: April 27, 2021, 12:57:53 pm »

I don't get why you see looking at profiles as a line, I do that regularly.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: April 27, 2021, 01:13:37 pm »

Could just be discomforts about privacy encroachments, or methylatedspirits is one of the fey folk and needs to be invited across a threshold or face consequences.

Coincidentally, I am one of those people that must be invited across a threshold if I'm visiting; friends can be all like "oh yeah just drop on by whenever" or "yup the door's unlocked" and I'm still gonna knock/ring/text/yowl for permission before I enter. It's just not right to me to just waltz in.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: April 27, 2021, 03:34:52 pm »

Eh, methylatedspirit registered January 28, 2019 at exactly 04:11:33 am.  I'm sure they'll get over looking up people's profiles in time.

Seriously, go look at mine!  It's fun! I put special things there just for random viewers!  Totally not a hypnotic SCP!
EDIT: Well, I meant to, that counts I guess...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: April 27, 2021, 05:51:16 pm »

[Obligatory "Let's all stare at this person's profile!"]
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: April 27, 2021, 06:01:53 pm »

Could just be discomforts about privacy encroachments,

I mean, yeah, I don't want to know that much about anyone. I don't like having that kind of knowledge; the last time I dove through people's profiles and posts deliberately, I got so paranoid about being found out, I completely noped out of the whole idea. I'd rather live in blissful ignorance than to "have" to suppress info. Profiles are a gateway drug to posts, so I cut those out too.

Quote from: None
or methylatedspirits is one of the fey folk and needs to be invited across a threshold or face consequences

I'm vaguely offended, but that's actually true. I have a set of dynamic whitelists that start off empty (all topics disallowed) for each "people-unit" (either actual people, or groups of people), and slowly get filled in as I learn. For instance, my procedure for barging into new communities is:

0) Lurk if possible. This gives you information on what's going on.
1) Barge in with something that should be inoffensive.
2) Listen intently to the responses. If hostile, get the fuck out of there; they're not worth your time. Anything less, start poking.
3) Keep posting, using responses as feedback, so that the 'list can be fleshed-out. The 'list is all-important; it determines how vulnerable I can get around said community, as well as what parts of myself I can reveal.

It's a rather anxious process, I'll admit. I want to ask permission first, not ask forgiveness later, but I don't think it makes much sense to ask people for permission. Instead, I prefer to just barge in and hope for the best.

I'd rather sit awkwardly in the corner, were I not "granted" suitable permissions. Every decision has consequences, and I don't want to face the negative ones.

Eh, methylatedspirit registered January 28, 2019 at exactly 04:11:33 am.  I'm sure they'll get over looking up people's profiles in time.

Shift that time ahead by 12 hours, and that's the local time of when I registered, 4:11:33 pm. Can't believe I've been here for 2 years and 3 months now. I'd look through my posts for my first General Discussion post, but I ain't looking at that. I think they're terrible, but I don't like to erase what is essentially history.

[Obligatory "Let's all stare at this person's profile!"]

They seem so stupid. I wonder how they live. Can't believe they're on the same planet as me.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 779