Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855331 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10275 on: August 18, 2022, 09:30:23 pm »

I've always loved this place since I joined in freaking 2008. It's always been a consistently nice place filled with intelligent people. I used to be much more active than I am, but I still like to lurk and absorb other people's conversations; as I don't have much real human interaction IRL. I really like the people here, I often feel I'm not on anyone's level intellectually, but I can bask in how adroit, knowledgeable, and/or needlessly verbose people are around here. The website really is a welcome respite from the evil swamp of degeneracy and incompetence that I live in IRL.

For something that made me mildly upset:

I really do wish that I just had someone to watch a show or movie with. It seems that most every day follows the same pattern of being fairly energetic in the morning, and slowly backsliding into depression throughout the day til I go to bed in the evening. Lately I feel there's been some kind of chemical reaction going on in my psyche, where my inner self is being made more and more callous to my own unhappiness. I'll know on one level that I'm very depressed, but on another level just not care anymore that I'm unhappy. I feel that is not a good way to describe what I'm feeling, but that might be the closest approximation.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: August 19, 2022, 04:22:04 am »

I've just never seen the appeal of shit like facebook, I don't mind the fact that most of the stuff on this forum is words.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: August 19, 2022, 04:45:05 am »

I joined here eons ago to discuss DF. Drifted to the lower boards as many do. Stayed, as it was intellectually stimulating outside of ny usual academic and social circles. Plus, the semi anonymity was appealing. Drifted away 2 or 3 times as things got "samey". Kept coming back as I felt I was missing the place. Abandoned here when at my lowest during my battle with depression. Chose to return recently as part of getting back to myself. Probably will continue to drift away and back as cycles of discussion wax and wane my interest.
This is a blank sig.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: August 19, 2022, 07:54:19 am »

I'm fairly old-school so this board format suits me just fine.  I remember BBS from college, mainframes, FORTRAN, etc.

Something mildly upsetting...
After divorce 4 years ago from a 25-year marriage I'm finally getting ready to start dating, if that's what it can be called these days, sheesh!
I had the "pleasure" yesterday of being ghosted for the first time in my life. We had a date planned and then she wouldn't give me her address to pick her up, just ghosted.  I'm not gonna beg, forget that ho.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: August 19, 2022, 08:10:18 am »

Been trying to lose weight the past week or so.  Was down almost four pounds, then past couple days gained two back.

I think its all water; I tend to fend off the hunger of a lack-of-calories by filling the belly with water.  I'm way more hydrated than before I started this.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: August 19, 2022, 12:47:28 pm »

Yeah, weight varies by 2-3lbs I've found. It's just weird like that.

Also how full your bowels/stomach are. I've found if I've not eaten the night before I weigh much less than I would otherwise.

EDIT: I hate craneflies. Something about them, I think the gangliness, is really offputting.
Guess what's invaded my bedroom?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 05:45:30 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: August 20, 2022, 03:41:34 am »

MY COUSIN IS A SHOEMAKER MAYBE THE GANGLINESS REMINDS YOU OF SPIDERS WHICH WE ARE KINDA HARDWIRED TO FEAR UNLESS TRAINED OTHERWISE BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY ARE REALLY CHILL ONCE YOU GET PAST THE POINTLESS JIGGLING

(in my headcanon they are drunkenly yelling as they bump into everything)
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: August 20, 2022, 04:13:31 am »

I never got why people were scared of spiders, I mean they're tiny.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: August 20, 2022, 04:44:55 am »

The bullshit "freudian" analysis was that their long legs suggest being restrained like prison bars.

It's genes tho. Yesterday I saw on reddit a two year old bit the head off a snake that bit her.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: August 20, 2022, 05:05:48 am »

Well, I never. For the longest time I thought what I now understand to be craneflies - to be male mosquitoes. But it would appear the sexual dimorphism in the bloodsuckers goes the other way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: August 20, 2022, 05:11:41 am »

Yesterday I saw on reddit a two year old bit the head off a snake that bit her.
That's a pretty metal way to react to being snake bit.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: August 20, 2022, 07:59:53 am »

Well, I never. For the longest time I thought what I now understand to be craneflies - to be male mosquitoes. But it would appear the sexual dimorphism in the bloodsuckers goes the other way.

Growing up, my family always referred to them as "Mosquito-eaters". I didn't learn that they were actually called crane flies (and did not, in fact, eat mosquitoes) until I was well into my 20's.

In Norwegian, they're called "Stankelbein". I can't really translate that, but I can tell you that "bein" is "leg".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: August 20, 2022, 09:42:17 am »

so more like staggerleg, or stinkyleg?
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: August 20, 2022, 10:30:53 am »

I never got why people were scared of spiders, I mean they're tiny.
they bite somtimes though and their bites can be really painful

like, wasps are tiny, too, but I figure you probably get why folks are often scared of those
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: August 20, 2022, 11:06:57 am »

so more like staggerleg, or stinkyleg?
Stanky leg