Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: The Unpopular/Controversial Ideas Thread.  (Read 73872 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Unpopular/Controversial Ideas Thread.
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2017, 07:55:14 am »

Literally the only thing most people know about PETA is their extremism. Hell, the only thing I know about them is their extremism.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2017, 08:02:55 am »

They also gas kittens and puppies after promising to give them a good home. Because they hate pet owners more than they hate actually killing animals. I wish I was kidding.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2017, 11:48:14 am »

Literally the only thing most people know about PETA is their extremism. Hell, the only thing I know about them is their extremism.

Usually all I know about them is that they make sure no animals were harmed in the making of this film.
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »

Usually all I know about them is that they make sure no animals were harmed in the making of this film.
Thats's not PETA. That's MAVAV
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2017, 03:45:08 pm »

They also gas kittens and puppies after promising to give them a good home. Because they hate pet owners more than they hate actually killing animals. I wish I was kidding.
They kill like 96% of the animals they "rescue" and they've shared members, goals, and helped with funding things like legal defenses for the Earth Liberation Front and the Animal Liberation Front who are actual homegrown terrorists, they should all make like their whackjob founder and sterilize themselves.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »

Sterilize themselves like Kurt Cobain, one hopes.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2017, 06:16:13 pm »

Hey, I won't argue.

Controversial idea: Hollywood talent scouts are Kyuubi.

Young women show up, get offered these amazing abilities, go see things they couldn't have before, do things they couldn't do, but it kinda distances themselves from the lives they lived before.

Then, after enough time they inevitably start getting offered roles as witches.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2017, 06:21:45 pm »

You forgot the part where they are slowly tainted and corrupted turning their souls black.

AND losing all ability to recognize reality :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »

Unpopular opinion: Celebrities are normal people too, living to the best of their abilities in a life incredibly far removed from anything any of us have known or are likely to know. But nobody buys "Celebrity walks puppy, tries to live up to spouse's expectations, has children to raise while living under 24/7 intense media scrutiny" so we manufacture controversy and make mountains out of molehills regarding people that ultimately aren't important.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2017, 06:33:11 pm »

Unpopular opinion: Celebrities are normal people too, living to the best of their abilities in a life incredibly far removed from anything any of us have known or are likely to know. But nobody buys "Celebrity walks puppy, tries to live up to spouse's expectations, has children to raise while living under 24/7 intense media scrutiny" so we manufacture controversy and make mountains out of molehills regarding people that ultimately aren't important.
*looks at the Kardashians*

...Yeah.  Not sure I agree entirely here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

Could you imagine your family name becoming slang for "vapid, brainless media whore?" Have you seen any of them off-camera? Had a conversation with one of them? Or are you basing your opinion of another person off a media personality that's had a dozen producer's and editor's hands on it?

Or the "cash me ousside" girl. I'll admit I didn't watch the whole program, but the clips I've seen look like she comes from an incredibly dysfuctional family which can lead to all sorts of outbursts, poor behavior, poor performance in school, etc. I know because it's happened to all friends of mine who came from dysfunctional backgrounds. All I hear anytime she's brought up is "lol what a stupid hood rat attention whore bitch" because she became a Facebook meme that people dislike.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2017, 06:42:00 pm »

Though I will say that it is funny that in many ways the "Celebrities are people too!" kind of BOTH ways huh?

I mean... it isn't like Celebrities try to use the fact that they are celebrities to their advantage huh?

Can't have it both ways!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2017, 06:43:57 pm »

Though I will say that it is funny that in many ways the "Celebrities are people too!" kind of BOTH ways huh?

That isn't a sentence.

I mean... it isn't like Celebrities try to use the fact that they are celebrities to their advantage huh?

You mean, they use their fame and money to live a satisfying life? Funnily enough, I do that too! Just on a lesser scale, because, you know, less of those things.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »

You cannot use that clout and then disown it at the same time.

That is why it doesn't apply when you do it, because you are at such a lesser scale that it doesn't affect your standing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2017, 06:48:55 pm »

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/PETA
At the height of the Satanic panic in the late 1980s, PETA's newsletter reported (as fact) rumors that pets were being stolen by Satanists for animal sacrifice and "crucifixion" at Halloween.  PETA suggested that people keep their black cats inside around Halloween to protect them from Satanists.[34] They still maintain a "Halloween advisory" on their website, omitting any mention of Satanism or animal sacrifice, yet noting with approval that many shelters refuse to adopt out black cats during October.[35]

I will just mention that I (personally) know some individuals that would deal in small animals. Black chickens, goats, and a few other kinds of animals would bring a premium in certain markets... Particularly if sold directly to certain very spooky individuals.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57