Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167713 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us [9/10]
« Reply #1365 on: September 13, 2017, 05:38:31 pm »

press home my advantage and drive my sword through their skull, then retrieve and use theirs against them!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 13, 2017, 06:24:14 pm »

Don't call me that. But besides that, need some help?

Cleave the short sword weilders head off, and have my minions attack mace guy.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 13, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »

[Serrana: 4 -2, Undead soldier: 6] Exorcist hurled a bolt of holy energy at the undead with mace, but it simply bounced off of it. The flash of light that accompanied it blinded it temporarily!

[Serrana: 6, Undead soldier: 5 -2] Serrana charged at the maceman with staff in her hands. She striked it at helmet protected head and the staff bounced and hit her back, stunning her!
((How did that hit me in the latter? D:
Also, why do I have 35/60 when I healed myself and the other guy [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164517.msg7562672#msg7562672]last turn[/url]?))

Finish the hatchet undead with whatever weapon is best!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 14, 2017, 12:14:32 am »

A little explanation how bonuses are treated with overshots: When Cryptlord gets 6 +2, I substract that 2 from overshot, so he gets 4 for side effects. The higher the modifier on overshot, the worse it's going to be, as it's an over-overshot.
Wait, doesn't that mean that a 5+2=5 in terms of effects? So my attack against the Cryptlord would be equivalent to a 5v6, right?

A little explanation how bonuses are treated with overshots...

This clearly applies only to overshots.

5 +2 isn't an overshot, it's an epic success with either a bit higher effectiveness, or ass saver if you're in trouble. Base rolls matter more than bonus or buff - I mentioned it earlier.

Anything +6 or higher is a re-roll.
Ah. I thought that if it went above 6, that meant it was an overshoot. Whoops.

Why did I not deal any damage to the Cryptlord, though, given that? My base of 5 is better than its base of 4, and we both had the same +2 bonus.

He had base 6, while modifier removed bad side effects. So it went as epic success.

[Serrana: 4 -2, Undead soldier: 6] Exorcist hurled a bolt of holy energy at the undead with mace, but it simply bounced off of it. The flash of light that accompanied it blinded it temporarily!

[Serrana: 6, Undead soldier: 5 -2] Serrana charged at the maceman with staff in her hands. She striked it at helmet protected head and the staff bounced and hit her back, stunning her!
((How did that hit me in the latter? D:
Also, why do I have 35/60 when I healed myself and the other guy [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164517.msg7562672#msg7562672]last turn[/url]?))

Finish the hatchet undead with whatever weapon is best!

Probably the healing wasn't added to char sheet. You overshotted, that's why it hit you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:26 am »

A little explanation how bonuses are treated with overshots: When Cryptlord gets 6 +2, I substract that 2 from overshot, so he gets 4 for side effects. The higher the modifier on overshot, the worse it's going to be, as it's an over-overshot.
Wait, doesn't that mean that a 5+2=5 in terms of effects? So my attack against the Cryptlord would be equivalent to a 5v6, right?

A little explanation how bonuses are treated with overshots...

This clearly applies only to overshots.

5 +2 isn't an overshot, it's an epic success with either a bit higher effectiveness, or ass saver if you're in trouble. Base rolls matter more than bonus or buff - I mentioned it earlier.

Anything +6 or higher is a re-roll.
Ah. I thought that if it went above 6, that meant it was an overshoot. Whoops.

Why did I not deal any damage to the Cryptlord, though, given that? My base of 5 is better than its base of 4, and we both had the same +2 bonus.

He had base 6, while modifier removed bad side effects. So it went as epic success.

[Aaron: 5 +2, Cryptlord: 4 +2] Spectral dragon returned to battle, striking the undead with a storm of spectral slashes. Only few of them connected and lightly scratched it's armor.
It had a base of 4. I had a base of 5. We both added 2, so I had a base of 7 without overshoot while it had a base of 6 without overshoot. We both had epic success, but my success should have been epicer.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 14, 2017, 09:05:12 am »

Mistook it with it's roll against Vivian...

It was more epic and resulted in scratching it's armor.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 14, 2017, 09:30:04 am »

Generally, an attack roll that succeeds would still do some damage, even if it succeeded by a small margin.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 14, 2017, 09:40:58 pm »

Retreat to a safe distance
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Darkriders and Cryptlords [9/10]
« Reply #1373 on: September 15, 2017, 02:34:04 pm »

Turn 59

Vivian, you need to go rest! - spectral dragon yelled to alchemist.

[6 +2] Aaron turned snowstorms created by White Dragon's Heritage back to active!

[2] They were too weak to snuff out the Cryptlord's flame and faded as quickly as they appeared.

[Aaron: 2 +2, Cryptlord: 3 +2] Spectral dragon charged with a flurry of greatsword slashes, but the undead dodged out of them!

[Cryptlord: 1 +2, Aaron: 1 +2] Cryptlord leaped at spectral dragon and simply phased through it!

[3] Vivian retreated towards the chamber where Aaron was previously hiding in. It was still sealed, so she had to stay by the entrance.

[1 +2] Cryptlord started shrieking loudly, calling other undead that may possibly still be in the area!

[5] Smoke scanned the staircase with his infravision. It seemed that the higher it went, the more corrupted and tainted it became. In the tower accessible from this staircase, there was some horrifying, armored figure emanating taint and darkness.

[5] Pguhyuh and his companion decided that it'd be better to avoid this place for now and move as far away from it as they can. They moved to another wing of the keep and found a way to catacombs. It seemed that the gates were smashed open by something, and a loud shrieking could be heard from within.

[6] Peasant went through fields towards the Height Keep, avoiding main roads. He was picking up stones on the way and even found a body of poacher with longbow, when suddenly he was ambushed by a zombie!

[Zombie: 2, Jonathen: 3 -1] The walking cadaver tried to slam at Jonathen to knock him off his feet, but he jumped out of the way.

[6] Alexander looked around the whole room, thinking about using anything available to make himself an armor. He took hammer, nails, a few wooden boards, some leather and thread. Then he left the building to have better lighting conditions, required to make an armor. He started working furiously, suspicious storm clouds gathering upon him. When he ran out of materials, he butchered nearby corpses and used flesh and sinew to make his makeshift armor. Then suddenly lightnings of dark energy stroke all around Alexander, abyssal knights appearing in places where they hit. Last lightning hit peasant's armor, greatly transforming it so it was similar to theirs. One of the knights approached Alexander and said: Abyss awaits thee. - then they all disappeared in a bright flash.

Hi, Lice-hander! This isn't my fault! - Dennis shouted hopping up. Don't call me that. But besides that, need some help? - demonologist asked.

[Dennis: 2 -1, Undead soldier: 6] Duke jumped at the undead in an attempt to kill it, but the undead caught him mid-air and started spinning. The speed created enough force to rip it's arms and sent Dennis flying!

[Lysander: 3, Undead soldier: 4] Demonologist leaped at undead soldier, but he forgot that his brimstone cleaver was still turned into a crossbow and in attempt to bash it with this unweildy weapon, undead punched him in face!

[Naablvat: 1, Stumpy: 4, Undead soldier: 1] Horned demon tried to attack the undead, but another undead thrown Dennis at him! The duke got impaled on one of it's horns, his heart ripped out! Stone gargoyle flied up and with a descending spear attack stabbed through undead's chest and smashed him against the ground, killing it!

[Serrana: 4 -1, Undead soldier: 6, Erlath's spirit: 5] Exorcist attacked the undead with hatchet with her dagger, but it easily parried it and hacked her chest with hatchet! Then as it recovered from attack, Erlath blasted it with a powerful darkcharge, ripping it to pieces!

[5] Naablvat took Dennis off his horns and lied his body on the ground. Some strange force gave him a second wind, closing the wound in his chest awakening him!

[Reynald: 2 +1, Undead elite knight: 6] Inquisitor gave the undead several punches so it'd stay on the ground and attempted to drive his sword through it's skull, but it broke on it's helmet!

[Undead elite knight: 1, Reynald: 5 +1] Trying to take advantage of this situation, the undead knight grabbed the broken part, but inquisitor bashed the undead with his shield, stunning it. Then he retrieved it's sword and drove it through it's skull, tearing through the helmet as if it was made of paper.

Cryptlord: [150/240]

Undead elite knight: Dead

Undead soldier (mace): dead
Undead soldier (hatchet): dead
Undead soldier (shortsword): [60/60]

Dennis: Second wind
Aaron: 3 turns for spectral dragon to end
Reynald: 1 undead killed, lost inquisitor's shortsword, received elite knight's sword
Lysander: -15 HP
Alexander: Received Darkrider's Armor
Serrana: -20 HP
Jonathen: Found six stones, found longbow

Stumpy: 1 undead killed
Erlath's spirit: 1 undead killed

OOC

Ranged weapons don't need ammo, unless you want to use some kind of enchanted or improved ammo.

Elite knight's sword - 80 physical damage, fast, parrying bonus

Longbow - 30 ranged damage, 5 physical damage

Stone - small stones that can be used as slingshot ammunition, adding 10 to it's damage

Spoiler: Darkrider's Armor (click to show/hide)

And OP exceeds maximum number of characters after including the above item... I'll have to find some way to decrease it, I'll probably turn a few things into images.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:55:37 pm by Dark One »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 15, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

Dennis gets back up and dusts himself off. "Ow."

Faith Boost and Wild Charge the surviving undead soldier.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 15, 2017, 04:26:08 pm »

Keep distance and aim for the legs with pitchfork, attempt to knock hi to the ground
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 15, 2017, 05:09:54 pm »

Kill the Cryptlord, with my Dragonruler Greatsword. Also, continue to attempt to extinguish the Cryptlord.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 15, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

no time to lose. Get the horse and ride out. There's a goddess to catch up with!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 15, 2017, 09:49:08 pm »

[Serrana: 4 -1, Undead soldier: 6, Erlath's spirit: 5] Exorcist attacked the undead with hatchet with her dagger, but it easily parried it and hacked her chest with hatchet! Then as it recovered from attack, Erlath blasted it with a powerful darkcharge, ripping it to pieces!
((My 'better' weapon in this scenario is my dagger? o_O Woah. Where did my priorities go, than to the 3x ranged attacking staff? Maybe being stuck at melee range did that.
Otherwise thanks for now fixing my HP, since I was missing 20 health, now I had 20 health, taken away. :P

Also on the Max. Characters issue, you can move sections of whichever requires space, into the one that doesn't.))

Prayer for companions. If I still have time, Holy Staff the last enemy.
Otherwise, go and check on the surrounding area for more enemies before resting up.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:02:26 pm by Tiruin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 15, 2017, 11:55:44 pm »

I Equip my new armor, and head out looking for trouble.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 166