Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44132 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2017, 05:39:29 pm »

wounds + anger = RAEG
berserk and punch a guy in the fucking face already.

Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2017, 05:51:02 pm »

Continue firing, if my Carbine continues to overheat, chuck it at the enemy before it explodes.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL002
Class: Grunt
Inventory: Helmet, laser gun, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2017, 05:59:17 pm »

ignore the pain, keep shooting one-harmed if needed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wounds + anger = RAEG

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2017, 06:00:36 pm »

Toss the body at them and RIP AND TEAR THEM!
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite, BLD002's body (and stuff)
Kills: Heh

wounds + anger = RAEG

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:47:48 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »

Hold down the overload button and jam my gun into a mook's face. Hey, it worked for my clone-father (brother? uncle?)
Intentionally place myself in a spot that gives me lots of death rolls. I tank, take aggro.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, lascarbine, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »

We don't have time for these losers, we have a mission to get done.

Find something near The Other GuysTM, something that looks like it will explode violently, and shoot that.

Spoiler: MAD001 (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »

Duck behind cover, and provide (relatively) unaimed fire directed at the enemy, to surpress and restrict movement. Shout "YOUR MOTHER WAS A DUCK AND YOUR FATHER STANK OF BREADFRUIT!" at the enemy.

Platoon: 3
Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

T A C T I C A L

Avanti!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2017, 12:31:15 am »

((I'm still alive?! Nooo! Seriously, I want to get new class))

Rush and kill all of them in glorious melee!

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2017, 03:35:40 am »

Get to any cover that doesnt expose me to the other guys and shoot them

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2017, 07:43:36 am »

Charge! Fire my carbine at the Other Guystm, then dive into cover as near to the center of the room as possible

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2017, 08:43:54 am »

Find and/or create cover with chairs and/or tables found in the briefing room, then bring the nearest teammate into the cover after they have committed their action.

So, I was wondering...the first classes get upgraded into their second class versions if one survives the mission as them. Would the same apply for grunts, letting them access first classes before 5 deaths?
Charge! Fire my carbine at the Other Guystm, then dive into cover as near to the center of the room as possible

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2017, 08:45:27 am »

Join Rak005 in his attack, no grunt should charge alone! Scream a battlecry as I do so. Also make a mental note to thank the guys providing cover fire if I survive this.

Find and/or create cover with chairs and/or tables found in the briefing room, then bring the nearest teammate into the cover after they have committed their action.

So, I was wondering...the first classes get upgraded into their second class versions if one survives the mission as them. Would the same apply for grunts, letting them access first classes before 5 deaths?

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:46 am »

Rip a dude in half with my mind.

Designation: BLD003
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »

Try aiming and then shooting.

Find something near The Other GuysTM, something that looks like it will explode violently, and shoot that.

Hold down the overload button and jam my gun into a mook's face. Hey, it worked for my clone-father (brother? uncle?)
Intentionally place myself in a spot that gives me lots of death rolls. I tank, take aggro.

Continue firing, if my Carbine continues to overheat, chuck it at the enemy before it explodes.

Platoon 2:
Inventory: Helmet, laser gun, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2017, 07:25:23 am »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1
Join Rak005 in his attack, no grunt should charge alone! Scream a battlecry as I do so. Also make a mental note to thank the guys providing cover fire if I survive this.

(1)"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!!!!" Not really the most heroic battle cry. This is not helped much by the fact that you are kinda hunched over and weaving back and forth in the hallway, rather than advancing.

Yes. If one survives a mission, usually that person will immediately unlock an upgrade class, even if it is a Grunt.
(3) You duck behind a few of the taller chairs on this side of the room. (4) you grab ... (5) a filing cabinet and hurl it in front of your exposed teammates! The cabinet bursts open, sending a spray of papers everywhere, and creating a visual screen between you and The Other Guys.

(3) your charge and laser fire keep The Other Guys a little distracted. They take up defensive postures. (2) you dive behind a wheeled chair, which you bump, which causes it to roll along sideways, leaving you exposed.

(2) you rush forward and swing at one of The Other Guys. He blocks your fist with his laser carbine.

(4)You wound a guy! He drops out of sight just as you drop behind an overturned desk. +1 on your death roll.

Platoon 1 Death roll
(6)(6)(2)(3)(6) Rak is gunned down, as he is in melee with The Other Guys, and not blocked from sight by OS' paper smokescreen. You're welcome.
as for everyone else: looks like the fog of war is with you today.

Platoon 2
Try aiming and then shooting.
(6)That works pretty good. You kill a guy! You also set off the sprinklers.

(4)You find a fire extinguisher, and shoot that. Sadly, it doesn't explode violently. It does, however, coat The Other Guys in a a spray of white powder.

(4)You charge in with your gun on overload, screaming and moving about in a way to draw every eye - no easy feat, considering the sprinklers are gong, and THe Other Guys are currently being covered in a fine white powder. Next round, your laser carbine will explode, whether you are alive to see it or not.

Platoon 2:
(1) well, see, the thing is, when it overheats, it stops firing. It doesn't stop exploding though. (6) Huh. Well, you successfully throw it into the midst of The Other Guys before it explodes, taking (5) ... all four of them out, and giving Oce a -1 on his death roll

Platoon 2 Death rolls
Well, there are lots of hazards this round - melting fire extinguishers, two exploding laser carbines, and ... oh yeah, the Other Guys. Fortunately some of these cancel each other out.
(4)(3)(5=1)(2)
Mad001 is seriously wounded by the concussion from NL002's exploding carbine. NL002, on the other hand, is maimed by return fire just before his weapon ends the conflict. OCE and ZR escape with minor wounds. OCE still has the matter of an expolding carbine of his own to deal with.

Platoon 3
Toss the body at them and RIP AND TEAR THEM!
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite, BLD002's body (and stuff)
Kills: Heh
(4)you throw the body at one of The Other Guys, knocking him over and giving him a concussion!

(5) You kill a guy! If you survive unwounded this round, uptick your CP.

wounds + anger = RAEG

(2)your punch is deflected by a helmet.

Duck behind cover, and provide (relatively) unaimed fire directed at the enemy, to surpress and restrict movement. Shout "YOUR MOTHER WAS A DUCK AND YOUR FATHER STANK OF BREADFRUIT!" at the enemy.

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

T A C T I C A L
(5)you surpress the fuck out of them. They look offended at your fowl language and moldy sense of humor. +1 on death rolls this round.

Rip a dude in half with my mind.

Designation: BLD003
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
Going psionic eh? well, grunts don't have that power, but maybe you can get into Naval Inteeligence. I hear they are always looking for test subjects.
(4) you think angry thoughts at The Other Guys. It provides you a certain clarity of action. You'll get a +1 on your next action roll. remind me in your post.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
(3)(5)(2)(1)(5)
In spite of their disorientation and suffering morale, The Other Guys manage to seriously wound Rand, and maim Sev.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with the ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1There's still four of them! get 'em!
Platoon 2Get rid of that exploding Carbine and make your way to the objective! It's at teh bottom of these stairs, around a corner with a recewption/security desk, and at teh end of a short hall. Can't miss it, the doors are huge.
Platoon 3Everyone was kung fu fighting~~~ guys tryin' to use psionic lightning~~~~
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29