Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44240 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

Edited my turn to avoid imminent nasty explosion.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2017, 06:18:46 pm »

Argh, didn't read your actions. Edited my post. Sorry.

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2017, 06:45:00 pm »

Grab a few papers, to read or provide as intel to our Glorious Officers if I survive, and be gun down an Other Guytm I see through gaps in the paper when the paper is down.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pound them into fine red mist paste with my trusty warhammer! Simultaneously!

Man up, they'll never be able to see me past that paper-screen. Speaking of which, new plan!
Chuck a paperweight or something in the direction of the Other Guys whilst shouting 'Fire in the hole!'. Then move up whilst they're distracted.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
Fire my carbine at the Other Guystm, hey I don't need cover after all!

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2017, 05:22:59 pm »

I haven't forggotten you guys. hang tight, it's going to be a day or two yet. Sorry for the delay.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »

Platoon 1: (6) you find yourselves in light gravity toward the center of the ring. +1 to move and strength rolls. -1 to dexterity type rolls.
Platoon 2: you are within the normal gravity zone, but on the heavy side, somewhat low on the ring.
Platoon 3: down in the sewers, you are in heavy gravity. -1 to move rolls and feats of strength.

Platoon 1

Grab a few papers, to read or provide as intel to our Glorious Officers if I survive, and be gun down an Other Guytm I see through gaps in the paper when the paper is down.
(4)you grab a sheaf of IMPORTANT LOOKING DOCUMENTS. You gain the CP: Intel (1/?)
(6) you kill a guy! you also set your paper barrier on fire.

Pound them into fine red mist paste with my trusty warhammer! Simultaneously!

(6)You leap, screaming, through OS' flaming paper barrier and land in the middle of the enemy squad. you swing your Warhammer (Series 40) and revel in the spray of blood and thesatisfying crunching sounds it makes. You kill (2) guys! You are also Very Exposed (to friendly fire).

Man up, they'll never be able to see me past that paper-screen. Speaking of which, new plan!
Chuck a paperweight or something in the direction of the Other Guys whilst shouting 'Fire in the hole!'. Then move up whilst they're distracted.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
Would a big, angry guy with a hammer do as a distraction? I'm going to say 'yes.' You pocket the paper weight 'for later,' and move up to the side. Tactical advantage: Hat!

Fire my carbine at the Other Guystm, hey I don't need cover after all!

Spoiler: MC002 Vitals (click to show/hide)
(5)You kill a guy! you don't even hit your own teammate in the process.

Platoon 1 Death roll
(5)
(6)
(2)(6)Rak is maimed in Glorious Combat, visions of War Medals pinned ot his bare chest racing through his mind.
(1)MC is killed, presumably by a stray laser shot which was aimed at the the Big Angry Brute.

(5) It's a total rout! You guys clear the room of The Other GuysTM! Your HUD updates with infor mation concerning thefirefight ahead - looks like the main battle has progressed right up to the Command Deck. You are coming in just behind your allies.

Platoon 2

Go for the objective! Put a maximum safe distance between myself and any soon to be occurring explosions.
(4) you leap down the stairs and peek around a corner, dodging back as a laser bolt ricochet's off the wall near your head. "Guys! They have a squad of Engineers guarding the Engineering section!"

Frikkin killstealers... Disconnect the battery from my carbine and throw it down an empty hall. And flip the shutdown switch. And screw the barrel off, just in case.
Don't loot an enemy weapon, that's dumb, but do grab a battery from one of their guns that I can hopefully hotwire to my own.
And head to the objective.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet, lascarbine, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
(3), you start unscrewing the battery when the gun makes that alarming BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- squeal, so you chuck the whole thing out along the hallway. It explodes a couple dozen feet away. You are now weaponless. Well, specifically, yu are Laser Carbineless. A Grunt is never truly weaponless. Even that legendary Grunt without arms or legs, may he burn them all in hell.

Head to the objective, pick up a spare carbine on my way past The Other Guys' corpses.
NRDL, you *might* want to not shoot at the dead guys. It'll probably just attract more attention.

Spoiler: MAD001 (click to show/hide)
(2) you pick up a Carbine, but it emits a loud CRACK as you do, and the acrid smell of something awful burning inside meets your nostrils. Experience tells you this Carbine is broken. You head down the stairs to meet up with ZR.

Try and pick up a weapon of one of the Other Guys, continue fighting them off. Avoid imminent nasty explosion.

Platoon 2:
Designation: NL002
Inventory: Helmet, backpack, Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute
(3) You pick up a Laser Pistol. They are inaccurate at range, but work well enough within a few paces. You head down to meet up with ZR and MAD, who are leaning against a wall as a volley of discoordinated laserfire is sent their way from around a corner.

Platoon 2 Death rolls
hmmm. Well, you are now doing battle with a squad of ENgineers. So ... one death roll this round.
(5) nothing happens. You all live, and presumably meet up at the corner just before engineering. There is a receptionist office at the corner, and across the hall (the hall that people are shooting down), there is what looks to be a Head Engineer's office. THe hall ends in double doors. Some kind of chest high barricade is set up in front of the double doors, which are open just wide enough for a body to fit through. Several Engineers are behind the barricade, in front of the doors.

Platoon 3

Aim Shoot Kill, Aim Shoot Kill

(6)You kill a Guy! You also trigger some kind of purge in the sewage systems.the room begins to fill with white smoke or steam. An alarm goes off.

Kick ass and chew Strawberry flavored Ham Scrapings
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite
Kills: Heh
(4) you kick some ass! you have the advantage on your melee opponent.

Kick a guy in the face, because punching is not working.
Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
(4) you kick him in the side. He grunts in pain.

Go right up in the dreaded knife fight ranges and broker a peace agreement with the other guys by laser shot to the gut.

Do we have tactical knifes?
Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD003
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
You do have tactical knives. (2) you do not manage to gut-shot your opponent.

Fire my gun. At whom? The enemy.

Designation: sev002
Inventory: Helmet, Laser Carbine

Edited to avoid killing my squad.
Yo are actively trying not to kill your own squadmates? You gain a rank in Medic. You gain the skill First Aid.
(3) you make a guy duck. I think you are the only one not in melee combat now.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls
(1)(4)(3)(4)(3)
FKD and BLD each recieve minor wounds this round, while rand and sev get serious wounds.
Zii is burnt by the steam coming out of a pipe nearby, and dies. Speaking of which, that steam is pouring into the room. SOmething broke or something. You need to get out of this place, or risk being boiled alive! And then processed like so much Gruntweight of waste.

Instructions for next round:
Respawn:Respawn with your platoons. We'll assume several darts connected with the ship in  the same area, so just jump right in.
Newbies, pick a platoon and post your action in that color, as if you are with that group already.

Platoon 1Assist the battle for the COmmand DeckTM
Platoon 2Engineering is guarded by engineers. This is either good news, or it is not good news.
Platoon 3Try not to boil alive. That would be ... messy.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2017, 02:18:49 pm »

Run forward with the rest of the platoon, looking for Other Guys™ to shoot.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2017, 02:20:29 pm »

Try to kill the guy I was fighting. Don't boil alive, leave the area with the boiling stuff and kick anyone in my way to get out of there.
Spoiler: Rand001 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:28:29 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2017, 02:32:09 pm »

Engineering? That's perfect! Grab a wrench or miscellaneous tool and go whack an engineer with it. I don't even care if it's a friendly engineer, somehow.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE008
Inventory: helmet, backpack,
Deaths: 1
Kills: 0/3/0
CP: Honey Badger (1/3)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:52:27 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2017, 02:45:19 pm »

Move to the entrance of the receptionist's office, grab some cover, and start blasting Other GuysTM.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2017, 04:01:53 pm »

Try to identify an exit and guide the squad towards it.

Do I lose the points for Eye of the Storm or I can keep them?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2017, 04:33:10 pm »

Grab my opponent and sprint out of the room, use him as cover if need be.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD002 (SPZ002)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine (destroyed), ruined backpacks, strawberry flavored ham scraping composite (EATEN)
Kills: Heh
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:44:27 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2017, 06:40:36 pm »

Gather more intel, read it (if literate) to sorta understand if it's particularly important, and store it in the backpacks, preferably with some sort of organization, but not necessary. If bags fill up with intel and there is still intel to be taken, put it in the bags of nearby, willing, living ally Grunts. Team, hey, want to store some intel for me?

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2017, 07:25:43 pm »

Charge and barge through the enemy line to safety, hopefully bringing a bad guy with me to safety for interrogation/ murder time funtime purposes.

Designation: BLD003
Status: Having a fun time. MINOR WOUND; HORRIFIC FACIAL DISFIGUREMENT.
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:25:25 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »

Join in the Fight with Platoon 1.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2017, 11:49:51 pm »

For Honor and Glory! Rush to enemy commander, pound him!

Gather more intel, read it (if literate) to sorta understand if it's particularly important, and store it in the backpacks, preferably with some sort of organization, but not necessary. If bags fill up with intel and there is still intel to be taken, put it in the bags of nearby, willing, living ally Grunts. Team, hey, want to store some intel for me?

Join in the Fight with Platoon 1.

Spoiler: Mar001 (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29