Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44250 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »

1. Medic
2. 3x gum lookalike
3. None
4. Cooperation! Also survived being in a metal shard explosion without getting injured
5.seems good
6.bonus to working together or some minor respect from officers
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2017, 06:52:08 pm »

1. Brute
2. -
3. -
4. Redshirt - died most often; Minor Heretic - for trying out Khorne worship; Killed 3
5. -
6. Small cooperative work bonuses (like not being shot in the back by fellow soldiers unless on purpose).
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »

1. none
2. none
3. none
4. I behaved in an unGrunt-like manner and succeeded (abate in death) my mission. (darn that was awesome!)
5. none.
6. what Sarrek said:
6. Small cooperative work bonuses (like not being shot in the back by fellow soldiers unless on purpose).

I really think my Grunt line should get something special for doing a special mission, and actually succeeding.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:39 pm »

I wanted to cut my hand off with a knife THEN cauterize it with the laser gun...

1.  4/5 deaths, No other class unlocks.
2.1 ALcohol.
3.No CP's.
4.I mean, besides me getting yelled at like a boot, I think I was the most accomplished Grunt on Platoon 3.
5N/A
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:10:51 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2017, 08:51:41 pm »

M1. Nope
2. Extra helmet and las rifle
3. Nada
4.I punched a guy a bunch before getting sauna'ed with the rest of the team
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2017, 12:32:47 am »

Far away on a distant planet, in the midst of a thick swamp, an old grunt steps out of his makeshift grunt hut. He is old, by grunt standards. Without regular injections of growth inhibitors, he has been aging as his standard raid growth genetics dictate. His chin holds a thick salt and pepper beard, and his face is worn with lines. He stares into the sun, at a sight he thought he'd never see again. An imperial drop ship, setting down on his lawn. By the time he had found his way out of the ziggorat, the empire had already left. He had been stranded there, but they came back for him. He always knew they would.

The ships ramp opens, and an officer looks extremely surprised to see a grunt standing there. Probably because the beard. Yea... That's probably why.
After a moment the NCO seems to decide something in his head and lets out that old familiar scream.
"Hey fuckwad! I don't know why the hell your here, but your gonna help me out. We're taking fresh mud for the ships hydroponics. Grab a shovel grunt!"

"So they came back for the mud I guess" he thought. "Not me"
He smiled. It was good to be back.

Didn't realize a new thread got made. Joining now, if possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2017, 12:57:24 am »

1. None
2. Nein
3. Nada
4. Nope
5. Nyet
6. A cookie
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2017, 11:52:54 am »

1) None.
2) One (1) paperweight.
3) I'm Dah Leader (1/5) - for working out an alternative route to the command deck whilst the rest of the platoon were busy trying to shoot their way through a blast door.
optional:
4) OCE's continued concern for the wellbeing of his fellow grunts was nice. As was Rak eating most of the incoming fire for us.
5) Nothing I can think of at the moment.
6) Automatic assignment to the most vital missions? Or a platoon name / call sign.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »

1.None
2.None
3.None
4.None
5.Unknown.
6.A cookie.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2017, 12:30:29 pm »

Character Sheet
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »

Hmm. I'm not gonna quote everygrunt,and this is a bit of a mini-update.

The surviving Grunts, after handing the station over to other squads, finding their asses with a map and both hands, and being carefully herded into larger troop carriers (that still manage to feel more cramped and crowded than the darts, by virtue of having a shit ton of Grunts shoved into each one), all return to the Mothership.

Hey! we have a mother ship. None of you grunts ever wonder what she's called? Eh, mostly, the grunts call her 'Mom,' seeing as how she is the living machine that powers the vats you are grown in. But she has both an official designation, and a name. Probably. Ah well, let the Officers worry about that stuff. For now, some of you have loot for the Grunt Market, Contraband to hide, stories to share with fellow Grunts, paperwork to put your mark on, (well, really it's all digital. No point wasting valuable physical resources on information that's probably gonna be condensed, archived, or purged within the month.) and other 'coming home' activities.

hmm, for Platoon 1's reward for keeping their posts so nicely arranged I have suggestions including: a sidearm, autoassignment to vital missions, a call sign, the ability to control two grunts together, and immunity to friendly fire (accidental). Also a cookie, nothing, and laughably: respect from the officers.
I'm leaning toward sidearm and the friendly fire thing. Running two grunts is probably out, as that would be more work for me, and kinda falls under the rank-up system anyway (in the original thread, corporals could order two additional grunts around - but their actions were ultimately determined by myself and RNGesus.)

Spoiler: dealing with the loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: individual awards:WIP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Class unlocks (click to show/hide)

Far away on a distant planet, in the midst of a thick swamp, an old grunt steps out of his makeshift grunt hut. He is old, by grunt standards. Without regular injections of growth inhibitors, he has been aging as his standard raid growth genetics dictate. His chin holds a thick salt and pepper beard, and his face is worn with lines. He stares into the sun, at a sight he thought he'd never see again. An imperial drop ship, setting down on his lawn. By the time he had found his way out of the ziggorat, the empire had already left. He had been stranded there, but they came back for him. He always knew they would.

The ships ramp opens, and an officer looks extremely surprised to see a grunt standing there. Probably because the beard. Yea... That's probably why.
After a moment the NCO seems to decide something in his head and lets out that old familiar scream.
"Hey fuckwad! I don't know why the hell your here, but your gonna help me out. We're taking fresh mud for the ships hydroponics. Grab a shovel grunt!"

"So they came back for the mud I guess" he thought. "Not me"
He smiled. It was good to be back.

Didn't realize a new thread got made. Joining now, if possible.

This is beautiful. I laughed. I cried. It moved me, Bob.
After many sweaty hours of hard labor, being shouted at, more labor, , more shouting, some hard napping, and more shouting, HC007 is hosed down, stripped, given some standard issue clothing, and packed onto the tansport. He returns to the Mothership, where he undergoes countless medical exams, physical and mental tests, and a few painful aging inhibitor injections. He is then dumped unceremoniously back in Grunt Land, free to mingle with the newer generation, and some familiar faces. Well, they are all familiar faces, really, being clones and all. But whatever, HC007 is the center of attention for a short while due to his weathered appearance, and gains some significant reputation for his veteran status.
(I better put shock trooper in the op)

1: Brute
2: Some blood covering my pike.
3: Honey Badger (0/3), for surviving three death rolls in one turn.
4: I'm totally the one who won the engineering fight. Totally.
5: Meh.
6: Don't give them shit.
Honey Badger 0/3? I started you with a 0 counter?

Character Sheet
After emerging from your vat, you are cleaned, examined, processed, tested, and fed in the cafeteria/ Then you are dumped in the barracks with all the noisy combat experienced grunts who have just returned from Glorious Battle against a Threat to the Citizens of the Empire. hHve fun, and die trying!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2017, 10:37:54 pm »

Silently the Grunt designated as Her-001 took in the surroundings of the barracks. Looking over the other grunts with a clinical eye thinking of what they should be doing and maybe how they should be doing it. This one appeared to have let those officers speak soak into their mind.
Go and claim some random bed.

Spoiler: Her-001 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:00:43 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »

What do my "Tools (Engineering)" look like?

Anyway, I'll take them to Engineering (The department, of course) to see what they are.

Also, the "tactics" thing was when I rolled out into the hallway instead of stepping out. I got a +1 to a death roll. I dunno, you mentioned it, so I figured I would re-mention it.

I'll unlock Medic. Don't worry guys, I'm a qualified first-aid responder, capable of telling you that you're dead in the most professional way possible.

Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:09:16 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2017, 10:42:25 pm »

Proud member of squad 1, posting my unlocks and other notes:

I am now an Assault Gunner by choice, but I may try out Technician once and a while for a change of pace... Anyway, my sheet should now be properly updated (including the new? standard gear).

Damn, I only got one kill? Also, for some reason I though I had four deaths, but looking back it seems it was only three.

Spoiler: MC003 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2017, 11:58:36 pm »

Formal request for clarification on my character status.

The original shock trooper was basically a heavy grunt with spiked armor. My electrolaser heavy grunt carried insulated armor, a lighter than usual gun, and an electric baton thingy.

The shock trooper added to the op is different. Which one should I assume it is?

Also, will my corporal rank retain it's value, and ability to command 2 subordinate grunts? (both subordinates had also unlocked the shock trooper class with me, will they retain that?)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29