Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44134 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2017, 02:58:50 pm »

They already painted a 2 on this thing. You're the one who walked into my SpGT, but I'm the one who can remove you.

BTW my reaction to threats of violence in these games tends to just be violence minus the threat, so action edited and don't do it again. If you want to win a PvP against me in a cooperative game, you'll have to be preemptive.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:06:32 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2017, 07:11:06 am »

JMM. 2, 3, 3. I seem to be short on players. Maybe I posted this turn a little early. Well, we won't launch for a little while yet. Still time to crowd into the crawlers.

Platoon One

WOO! Go Squad 1! Get into the designated SpGT, stow gear, and strap in.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)
in and ready to roll.

"Platoon 1 Lets give them Hell"

Get into Platoon 1's Vehicle and secure my stuff slap anyone who doesn't secure there own gear and secure it for them

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In and ready to roll. You stat shouting about loose gear sinking ships, and of course, this devolves into a dirty conversation about hips and stuff. Apparently sex jokes transcend the very concept of gender and natural reproduction. Some things never change.

Platoon Two

WELCOME BACK TO PLATOON 2!
Get in the second SGT, securely stow my gear, and get strapped in.

Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
In you go, locked and loaded.

Now, I don't like to comment on ooc shit, or RP. I prefer to respond entirely to Bolded actions and things directed specifically at me. But I have to say this: I do not tolerate ooc bullying in my games. at all. Please reconsider your discussion with Egan and edit your posts accordingly. We're all friends here, even though we get on each others nerves at times. Let's remember that, mkay?

"Alright boyos! Y'all ready for the ride of your lives? Maybe you noticed that my spaghetti doesn't have a turret mounted on top like the others. Meet the SpGT-M, mellow class! This thing has FRIKKIN SWEET-ASS SPACE JESUS-BLESSED POWER CLAWS ON THE FRONT!"

Platoon 2, baby! I want the platoon with a medic in it...
Open up the back hatch and have the SpGT rear up so my passenger fall out. If MAD tries to get back in, I'll crush him under my claws. He is not welcome in my SpGT.
Or if he's strapped in already, just shoot him I guess. After telling him to get out, probably.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
Your action is put on hold as the universe experiences a potential Deja error. Please hold. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Get in platoon 2 and check my gear. Keep all items and bodyparts inside vehicle while transport is in progress.
You get in and stow your gear, awkwardly avoiding the eyes of your teammates. It's weird: usually Grunts are self destructive. Oh sure, there's often the case of friendly fire, but those are accidents. usually. or at least, they are in service of the mission. usually. Well, anyway point it, Grunts tend to only kill each other throgh incompetence and oversight. Outright murder in the ranks is rather unusual. You sit as far away from the other guy as possible.

Platoon Three

Grab the flag of FKD so I may  plant it in the base of the enemy and claim it for the empire! Then stap into a seat and stow away my stuff, if anyone decides to be a team killing fucktard stab them in the eyes violently before looting their stuff.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife, flag of fort fkdworth
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
(1 cp torwards patriot)
You get in and snarl at your teammates telling them to behave and play nicely. mmm, looks like all the drama is in platoon 2 at the moment. All clear here.

Join platoon 3, secure my stuff and get into the vehicle.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
In and secured.

Back to platoon 3.
Sit in ship secure stuff eat sandwich with experimental pill.

Also the old character sheet for the Mutant trait.

Did you want to go ahead and take the soldier class and your mutant traits? Nothing was preventing this before, though I believe I did say some things form the old game might not carry over.
Anyway locked and loaded. (2) the pill ... seems to do nothing at all.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 17, 2017, 07:29:01 am »

yel at everyone else to buckle up and stash their stuff
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife, flag of fort fkdworth
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
(1 cp torwards patriot)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2017, 07:38:33 am »

Have a relaxing yelling argument while waiting for the rest of the squad
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 17, 2017, 09:41:36 am »

Wait for everyone else.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2017, 10:00:21 am »

While waiting see if I can start a group song.

I will take back the mutant trait but not the mutations or the class these new grunts have to gain it themselves.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2017, 10:33:45 am »

Don't you think you overreacted a LOT to joking?

I think the mention of physically disassembling you with medical skills was absurd enough that it clearly wasn't serious.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2017, 10:59:43 am »

Don't you think you overreacted a LOT to joking?

I think the mention of physically disassembling you with medical skills was absurd enough that it clearly wasn't serious.
It reads like a threat.

Humor of this kind (if indeed that is what it was intended to be) can be pretty difficult to express via text. That's why we have emoticons and the like. Plus some of us are not familiar with your particular sense of humor enough yet to tell. that's all I am going to say on the matter, unless you want to discuss it via pm.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2017, 12:40:11 pm »

Bicker with my buddies. Where are the other guys?

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)

Have a relaxing yelling argument while waiting for the rest of the squad
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2017, 01:45:12 pm »

He insulted my ride and he implied that guns are better than melee, so away he goes. Though I changed my class, my number stayed the same, so OcE009 the Driver is the same as OcE009 the Brute.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver (Locked)
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2017, 01:52:16 pm »

There is no point to that, seeing as how I'm strapped in the machine and already set to go. You're not shaking me out, and since the joke has apparently been thoroughly missed, let's call it at "Funny aside" and be done, agreed?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2017, 02:17:37 pm »

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Get into Egans space APC. Distribute gruntship bracelets across platoon. Secure stuff

Spoiler: Grunt 102 (click to show/hide)
Recive gruntship bracelet. Stow Gear.

Spoiler: Grunt 201 (click to show/hide)
Use gruntship bracelet as an anklet. Stow gear.

err.. Did my action happen?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:00 pm »

Fiddle with some backpack stuff until we're on the move. Oh, and I'm ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2017, 07:06:20 am »

Monkey piss, where is everyone? Ah well.

This is a turn. This is the launch turn. Your ships are launching.
If yu have not yet posted which platoon you are joining, post this round, and we will stuff you into said platoon's crawler, in space, hurtling toward inevitable death and maximum destruction. In other words: spawn in with your platoon, yo!

Your platoons arePlatoon One Platoon Two and Platoon Three As before, two things will help me out tremendously in this thread:
1: Place your actions in bold and in your platoon color. Makes for easy scanning for posts
2: collect your squadmates posts into one by quoting the squaddies who have posted ahead of you. Makes for easy copy/pasting for me. This is optional, but your friendly neighborhood Gm is grateful when it occurs.

Platoon One
Your launch goes well. You all hardly notice as the usual Grunt bickering is taking your attention. "Where to, mates?" asks the autopilot in a noncommital voice. A HUD pops up showing you that map I showed before and will link at the bottom of the turn. Please note that these are short range hoppers, so trying to leap straight to the top of the map will end up hilariously.

Platoon Two
Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Get into Egans space APC. Distribute gruntship bracelets across platoon. Secure stuff

Spoiler: Grunt 102 (click to show/hide)
Recive gruntship bracelet. Stow Gear.

Spoiler: Grunt 201 (click to show/hide)
Use gruntship bracelet as an anklet. Stow gear.

err.. Did my action happen?
I must have missed it. I was looking for platoon colors. Sorry. It goes through. Welcome to SpaceShip Frenemy! Where we exchange bracelets, witty barbs, attitude and laser fire! Speaking of which:

(1) the attempt to dislodge passengers goes poorly. The crawler rears up just fine. Unfortunately, the launch bay is not designed for such acrobatics, and the crawler smashes into the ceiling, damaging the sensors and navigational array. This also has the effect of initiating the Emergency Launch sequence, and your crawler gets hurled into space. You hope it's going in the right direction
(3 + 1) Being strapped in makes MAD002 an easy target, and Oce009 maims him with a burst of lascarbine fire.

Now, we haven't really talked much this game about the maiming mechanism. n last game, I required the loss of one limb, or both eyes per maiming. I am reinstituting that mechanic, but not until after this round. So, Mad, while you are maimed, you do not have to declare a limb this time. next time, for everyone, you do.

Platoon 3
A remarkably calm and organized group this round. Did I scar you guys last mission? Gonna need to remember that. Could be useful.

Your launch goes well. You all hardly notice as the usual Grunt bickering is taking your attention. "Where to, mates?" asks the autopilot in a noncommital voice. A HUD pops up showing you that map I showed before and will link at the bottom of the turn. Please note that these are short range hoppers, so trying to leap straight to the top of the map will end up hilariously.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/8MQXN

Oops
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:33:24 am by Ozarck »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2017, 07:34:34 am »

"Eh? Where am I?"

After some incident involving a card game and raging, Rak found himself back in their ship, strapped securely. What are they, flying?

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29