Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 79086 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Chapter 4: A Hidden Mine.
« Reply #1065 on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:58 pm »

Interesting... So they want the iron and not the steel? And who informed the bandits about our arrival? The "spy"?

Analize the papers. How much iron did they need? Is there mention of other mines extracting the ore? Anything that mentions the steel?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 10, 2018, 03:21:14 am »

Magruder's note doesn't mention other mines or steel directly, but the word "smelt" made a significant appearance, coupled with the presence of primitive furnaces and fire mages in the warehouse it pointed to their own steel making for the bandits. And the amount produced was significantly superior if the gang intended to only arm themselves with the closest thing to Kovitz steel they could get their hands on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 10, 2018, 03:29:42 am »

Vahn finished his cigarette, stashed the remains, and rolled another one while he thought about how to phrase it. He only responded after he had lit it and took a deep drag, exhaling the smoke through his nose.

"Speaking purely on whether or not it is possible for me to do that... I can. Whether it's likely is an entirely different question. The best analogy I can think of is if you were to ask Jaromer over there if he can fight with a rapier. I imagine he can, but his specialty is curved blades."

"To put it another way, I can attempt to call a spirit for you, but the person who trained me in dark magic died before she could teach me everything I would need to know to call a specific spirit. That keepsake will help, but it will only narrow it down to a list of people that have ever handled that item - the person who gathered the materials, the one who wove it, people who might have worn it before your father did."

Vahn coughed quietly into his hand.

"Sorry to disappoint. If you still wish, I can give it a try."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 10, 2018, 04:08:28 am »

Naziri perks up at the mention of speaking to the dead.

"Pardon the intrusion, but did you say you're looking to commune with the spirits?"

Naziri looked at what she believed to be a keepsake of Jackard's ancestors, then reaches out a hand.

"If you will?  I've studied the Darkness for so long, but that was just in legends and whatever scraps I could find..."

She looked at the keepsake a little more longingly now.

"But now that I've really seen the Darkness used to its full potential, I think I can finally understand how to reach out to the dead.  If you'll let me try, that is--this would be my first time.  So no promises!"

Naziri giggled a little.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 10, 2018, 04:15:13 am »

"Oh, is that so? I'll leave it in your hands then, though I hope you don't mind if I stick around and watch the technique."

Vahn stepped back slightly and made an 'after you' gesture, sort of handing off the nomad to the shaman.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 10, 2018, 04:48:51 am »

Grelen sidled up, eager to watch a true mage work.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:00 am »

"Hold on. Isn't this kind of... wrong? If you talk with him once, he'll never rest in peace again knowing that you are able to reach him. It's already hard to accept death in the first place. What if this also applies to those that are already dead? What if he wants you to return him to life?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:32 am »

Felicia sidles towards Seraphiel, visibly unnerved
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 10, 2018, 07:49:29 am »

"...Hm? Do you need anything, Felicia?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 10, 2018, 07:53:11 am »

Vahn looked over to Seraphiel, his eyes sliding for a moment to Felicia before returning to meet the young healer's.

"That's a hard question to answer, but in my opinion it depends on the person in question. Some spirits may rest easier if they get a chance to say goodbye or impart some last wisdom; some may be angry at having their rest disturbed. It's impossible to know until they are called upon."

He flicked some ash from the end of his cigarette.

"As for your last question, there is no returning someone to life outside of very specific circumstances - I hear there's a healing staff out there that can bring the dead back to life once more, but it must be done very quickly after death, while the soul still lingers near the body. And even then the person must have died of something other than natural causes, such as poison or violence. If age or natural illnesses take a life, it's completely out of human hands."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 10, 2018, 09:18:52 am »

"Exactly. I don't think it's a good idea to give them false hope. Trying to communicate with the dead..."

"He might see his son and wish to return to life to be able to stay with him. Their rest could be forever disturbed with memories of their family."

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 10, 2018, 03:44:24 pm »

Anna still stared at the dead body, but suddenly flinched together. She then observed the group talk about something concerning spirits.

Uhm.. guys? Can we at least go outside before we do any kind of ritual? It’s creepy in here.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 11, 2018, 05:29:56 am »

Felecia shakes her head

"The Idea of raising the dead just unnerves me Seraphiel"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 11, 2018, 10:51:57 am »

"I feel the same. It's just wrong to do it, no matter what. To break the great cycle we all belong to..."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 11, 2018, 12:45:19 pm »

"Is magic not part of this grand cycle? Dark magic is just as much a part of this world as light, ya know."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111