Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133814 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #990 on: November 10, 2018, 05:29:21 pm »

Get Beary Bob and head to town. Regenerate Spirit on the way. If I'm able to when I get there, learn the magic version of Overshoot Protection from Glass, teach him Conjure Advanced Monster, since it might help with his desire to not get into combat.  Or Find Advanced Familiar, if he wants that one instead.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:45 pm »

Free people, then protect them while everybody attacks earth mage more.

Those are my paved streets and people tangled on them. O no you don't with the tangled.... So we get them free, clearly, and then just keep on protecting the people while earth mage goes nuts, and keeps getting attacked, because people don't want to freaking die.

So, this guy had all that power and did nothing constructive and everything destructive with it. He could've helped but instead cracked the sky being all crazy for a chance at what again? All I did was make buildings and food ... how horrid of me. He's upset because people don't like him.

I mean if he wanted to be a god or whatever so bad and he KNEW people believing in him would do that, then why is he such an Ass? These people just wanted food, shelter and life. He could've given them all that easily, but instead he endangered them all and contributed to shattering the sky.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:01:39 pm by Transcendant »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 10, 2018, 08:00:35 pm »

((If the Earth Mage was defeated, would that indirectly give more power to the spirit mage?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 10, 2018, 08:10:45 pm »

(Dude, give it a rest. She's probably gonna win and kill us all etc, but let good have it's moment on screen or it won't be as good a story. I understand you villains can never get enough scheming in, it is your thing.... You just got a skeletal dragon....

But, all I can see is this dramatic action scene and then a villain leans into the camera shot from the side and stares at the audience to rant, "Does this make me and mine more powerful? Because everything should, even though my side is clearly winning. It should. We're running up this score!")

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 10, 2018, 09:42:51 pm »

...y’know what, I have no idea where I actually am. Am I at the original camp, or at Dragoncrown Village?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 25, 2018, 07:36:51 pm »

Spring Night 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Spirit, -Searching/Divination.) 6 Turns Remain.
5 Days Remain
Sorry for the long delay, I've been dealing with stuff IRL. Only TricMagic has not posted. Also as far as I know, Glass/Aaron is currently in Dragoncrown Village.

Moderate Harm this dragon.
2+1 You cast a weak moderate harm. You get lightly scratched in return.
-2 Mana, -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Fighting Young Blue Dragon: 65/70 Health

Snack on the last of my food.
Fashion another Kosjenka that will mine specifically for amethyst, using the ores gathered by Tim, or shape object on a pile of Earth.

1+2 You eat up all your food and fashion a new robot child from dirt to mine amethyst for you. Golem information updated.
Mana and Food depleted, Health and Hunger replenished. Transmutation Magic Rank 4: 2/30 EXP. Made Dirt Golem: 5/5 Health. Obtains 1 Amethyst per day.

Rest a bit to restore mana. Meditate on enchantment magic, as well as whichever type of magic is used for antimagic. And also earth magic, and abjuration if that's not already the antimagic one (I think it is). Ask the Great Dragon if there's anything I can do to assist it.
And also try to strengthen my bond with Canadia and Redwing.
And if Billy Bob comes along to ask for magic tutoring, provide it. If they want to teach me anything that's cool too.
Also, feed anyone that comes by requesting food.

Get Beary Bob and head to town. Regenerate Spirit on the way. If I'm able to when I get there, learn the magic version of Overshoot Protection from Glass, teach him Conjure Advanced Monster, since it might help with his desire to not get into combat.  Or Find Advanced Familiar, if he wants that one instead.
Glass 6-1 and Beirus 1+3 Billy Bob arrives in the village. Aaron's armor activates, saving his actions from disaster. He learns more of Enchantment, Abjuration and Earth Magic. He teaches his friend Billy Bob the magic to protect from overshoots. In return, Billy Bob helps Aaron to unlock the secrets of Conjuration, but not as effectively as hoped.

Aaron: Mana replenished. Enchantment Magic Rank 3: 22/25 EXP. Bonded with Canadia, +2 Bond with Redwing. Familiar upgrades to 10/10 Health.
Abjuration and Earth Magic Level Up! Choose one for each: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Magic. Learn Dispel Magic (3 Mana).
Skill Unlocked: Conjuration Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Conjure Simple Monster (1 Turn per Mana)

Billy Bob: Spirit replenished, -1 Hunger. Abjuration Magic Rank 1: 4/15 EXP, Learn Overshoot Protection.
Conjuration Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Conjuration Magic.

Blast it with an orb of lightning! electrocute it to ash!
2 Your spell fizzles. It attacks you instead. -1 Health, -1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Fighting Mummy: 60/60 Health.

Have my skeletal black dragon attack the Will-O-Wisp and distract it while I sneak and stab it from behind. If I'm hit, take the chance to use that lost health in Blood for Power
4+1 You and your skeletal dragon team up to hit this thing, doing quite a bit of damage. Combat Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Fighting: Will-'o-wisp, 30/40 Health

Danea casts levitate and pushes herself up into the air as high as she can go, preferably above the tree-tops, to get a better look around her. She takes note of all interesting landmarks. Once done, she returns to the ground, lights a fire, and cooks her brown mushrooms - she is getting quite hungry after all.
3+1 You lift yourself into the air. You see ruins scattered about the landscape, the large campsite with few people left in it, and the village in the mountains. You float back down and cook your mushrooms.
-1 Mana, -1 Hunger. Mushrooms cooked. Cooking Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Searching Rank 2: 5/20 EXP. Transmutation Magic Rank 2: 5/20 EXP. Forest Ruins discovered.

Heal the healer, then fight the earth mage with everybody else.
3+2 You heal up Ethan admirably, and then go to fight the Earth Mage. He is significantly damaged.
Mana depleted. Ethan fully healed. Combat, Diplomacy and Spirit Magic Level Up!
Combat and Diplomacy options: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger; Spirit options: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn new Spirit Magic.

Boss Fight: The Earth Mage, 85/100 Health, Weakened in Earth Powers.

Free people, then protect them while everybody attacks earth mage more.
5 You free everyone and protect them as they assault the Earth Mage some more. You're that much closer to becoming a god of the people.
+1 to Becoming a God. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health or +1 Max Hunger.
Boss Fight: The Earth Mage, 70/100 Health, Weakened in Earth Powers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:45:22 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 25, 2018, 07:45:49 pm »

New spell for Abjuration, +1 mana for earth magic.

Eat a bit, bond with Redwing some more, see if Canadia can do any new stuff with our bond, etc. Do some group fishing with the two of them. Think about the “Conjure Simple Monster” spell; can I mix it with Charm Monster to make the summoned monster already friendly to me?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 25, 2018, 07:54:46 pm »

Kite the mummy around the room until I get an opportunity to strike. hopefully winged cat will help a little?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:38 pm »

Minor leach life him, do my best to avoid the inevitable counterattack.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 25, 2018, 09:37:16 pm »

Danea munches on her newly cooked mushrooms, while heading to explore those forest ruins.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2018, 11:41:10 pm »

Harvest berries and... coconuts(?) from by the house. Meditate more upon spell engravings and dimensionalism.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2018, 11:42:08 pm »

+1 Max Mana

Finally, it is time. They will see my power. Use Controlled Power again, then go attack the Earth Mage, using all my mana and Spirit for a void-empowered slash that will hopefully siphon a good chunk his divinity into me or Beary Bob or my sword, if not kill him outright. I think it would be neat for Beary Bob to get some Earth Magic abilities or traits, or maybe make my sword an artifact-level item with Earth/Nature abilities. I missed my opportunity to do that with the scarab and the Spectre, I'm not missing this one. Maybe Beary Bob can eventually get more powerful too. I'll raise my own ursine Dragon-equivalent. I'm hoping void is super effective against God mage types. Also, I'm hoping the extra spirit power will help to keep the void from harming anything other than the mage.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:37:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 26, 2018, 07:17:08 am »

Have the black dragon skeleton continue fighting and try to move away from the monster. Focus and try to draw mana from within to cast a spell. Meditate and recharge until I have enough for Major Harm, and cast it on the wisp!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 26, 2018, 10:42:14 pm »

+1 Max Health, please.

Keep attacking the earth mage while protecting everyone.

Well, Earth Mage has finally forced this, otherwise he will continue his wanton attack. He's made it abundantly clear that he's perfectly OK letting people go without basic necessities when he could've personally BENEFITED from providing them, indirectly endangering the whole damn world, plus directly attacking the village with absolutely 0 concern for anyone with absolutely 0 remorse, or acceptance of responsibility, much less redemption.... O, and that's besides the repeated unprovoked attacks of which this is just the latest.... I think he likes me. I'm wrong.

Yeah, still protecting people, of which a ton are attacking this earth mage and are some other players coming to the party? The more the merrier, if they're attacking the earth mage. Don't you know, that's the theme of this party? Well, that and staying alive, but while we're always at that party, it's become more immediately relevant, what with the sky cracking and various things. The game is called "Survive," you know.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 26, 2018, 10:44:35 pm »

I'm working on the whole "slow down the end of the world" thing. Progress is slow. Need a faster way to get mana to mass produce golems... Hmm...
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 72