Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 27420 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2017, 03:25:09 am »

So... any progress?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2017, 12:10:19 pm »

Well on my end, I can't do much about finishing the year in progress. But I can tell you how to fix the world to 0.44.03.

First, ensure the save is backed up. Then replace the raws with the latest ones (assuming you have not modded them yourself). Then use DFhack and type:
Code: [Select]
devel/inject-raws tool ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL tool ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASEImmediate save, and then load. If it loads perfectly, then use DFhack and type:
Code: [Select]
devel/inject-raws reaction "MAKE WOODEN DISPLAY CASE"Then save again. If it doesn't recognise the string, there's a solution posted on the DFhack forums about how to fix the script.

If the save starts up again fine, you'll have a DF2017-ready world that won't be missing anything. The museums and pedestals will take some time to be made in the world, but they will show up eventually. You'll immediately be able to make pedestals and display cases, if you have the materials for them.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2017, 12:56:36 pm »

Yeah... I am afraid someone else must do this... unless we start from scratch...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2017, 05:28:44 pm »

Yeah... I am afraid someone else must do this... unless we start from scratch...

If I am up next, I can do it as I managed to do this successfully. If not, I can update it for the next person or update it at the start of my turn.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2017, 02:30:53 am »

Let Ryukan finish his turn, then you can do it, alright?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2017, 11:36:04 am »

Let Ryukan finish his turn, then you can do it, alright?

I can do it, I will be doing the succession game in the meantime and I'll see if there were any bad side effects from the hacking.

Does the save go to Exodius1 then?

Edit: If I have to retire and unretire the fortress as well, and I just do the upgrade and no gameplay, you'll get a save on 15th Granite. I'll see whether it can be avoided though.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2017, 04:52:46 pm »

Ok sorry, been spending alot of time on my MC server building stuff with friends :/

Heh, I can finish the in-game year as this rl year finishes as well

Tho in my defense, I did build a pretty kick-ass castle....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »

Minecraft?!

It is no matter, I can wait. Actually it is probably better this way. Do you think you can see whether the save works without hiccups on 0.44.03?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well that's an impressive castle.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2017, 09:28:01 pm »

I play Minecraft for stress relief. I own a server because me and friends like to dick around and roleplay alot. I recommend checking out my Discord if you like Roleplaying stupidity... also we make excellent toast

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2017, 04:52:32 am »

I... guess? Sorry, I am a bit confused by all of this. Like I said, this is my first succession game.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

I... guess? Sorry, I am a bit confused by all of this. Like I said, this is my first succession game.

Lol, it gets easier over time as your mind slowly is consumed by Dwarf Fortress and you start seeing everything in ASCII and begin to dream in it. We all get there eventually, I had my first DF dream about a year after I started playing, what's sad is how the dream made sense XD

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2017, 10:28:20 am »

Nope, I done mine before Ryuukan (Hence "Swapped With" in the OP). I would love to though, if you add me to the end of the cue that is, at the moment I am consumed by Opus Magnum and Monster Hunter...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2017, 10:56:51 am »

Nope, I done mine before Ryuukan (Hence "Swapped With" in the OP). I would love to though, if you add me to the end of the cue that is, at the moment I am consumed by Opus Magnum and Monster Hunter...

So... Archmage is next. Right after Ryukan.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2018, 06:48:32 am »

Okay. Since this waiting isnīt going anywhere, here is my proposal to Ryukan.

You get to finish your turn until the end of this week. Failure to do so will result in the next player skipping your turn and starting from the save before yours (in other words, your progress will be nonexistent). Believe me, I am patient, I really am. But enough is enough. If we keep waiting, we will die of old age.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2018, 02:31:51 pm »

Okay. Since this waiting isnīt going anywhere, here is my proposal to Ryukan.

You get to finish your turn until the end of this week. Failure to do so will result in the next player skipping your turn and starting from the save before yours (in other words, your progress will be nonexistent). Believe me, I am patient, I really am. But enough is enough. If we keep waiting, we will die of old age.

Sounds reasonable. Note I am in the succession game 2017 (which is a story arc and not just a year), and I also have certain NDA responsibilities going on. I'll do my best to do everything, at least to updating the save. However, starting up might be a bit slow for me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16