Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Eco: Save the planet from YOURSELF! (And an asteroid)  (Read 19534 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Eco. Minecraft made by Germans. SERVER INDEED!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 05:51:42 pm »

Calories are just energy you consume when doing any action. They are part of the same system that generates skill points, but the calories themselves have no direct effect on skill points.

Each time you eat, your stomach's nutritional values average closer to the nutritional values of what you are eating. Daily skill point gains are based on the sum of your nutritional values, multiplied by how well balanced the 4 nutritional categories are, and then adjusted by the server's skill gain rate. So to get the most skill points possible you need to focus on eating both high-nutrient foods and a balanced variety of foods. In particular this should be done before you log off for a while.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2018, 05:56:43 pm »

We may consider, for the next server, making the password publicly available at the top of the thread or something. That will get more people in without complete randos who just saw the game on the server browser. Then we can have more people to participate in the economy and such.

I also recommend we make good use of the law system to limit the server to just one kind of currency early on. I'm not completely clear how the law interface works, but I bet it's possible to elect someone as treasurer and prevent anyone else from minting currency. Otherwise maybe we can just make our first currency and then prevent anyone from creating a new currency.

On that note, is there a trick to proposing laws? I've been trying to propose a law on the current server which designates a district just to try it out, but it keeps telling me the form isn't completely filled and I can't tell why.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2018, 03:16:39 am »

On that note, is there a trick to proposing laws? I've been trying to propose a law on the current server which designates a district just to try it out, but it keeps telling me the form isn't completely filled and I can't tell why.
It's broke, that's why.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2018, 05:20:09 am »

It's broke, that's why.
Honestly, that sounds pretty realistic to me...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2018, 08:27:34 am »

We may consider, for the next server, making the password publicly available at the top of the thread or something. That will get more people in without complete randos who just saw the game on the server browser. Then we can have more people to participate in the economy and such.
Agreed, I will post the info and discord publically here next time. With all of the protections the game has for property, it would be difficult for someone to mess it up for everyone or troll intentionally.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2018, 02:55:34 pm »

You can only propose laws if you don't have the default citizenship law (which is the bug).  This came up a couple times in discord but nobody did anything about it.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2018, 08:38:28 pm »

Looks like the patch just hit.

Solar Generator cost changed from (1 steel) to (15 steel, 5 servos, 5 circuits)
Wind Turbine cost changed from (10 iron) to (20 steel, 10 gearboxes, 10 circuits)
Thats going to take a bit longer, lol.

Fair bit of other notes, plus lots of plant life changes. Players will also start with the basic tools in their bag instead of gaining through the tutorial.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2018, 12:07:28 am »

Handy.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2018, 09:01:12 am »

If the new server is going up soon, it looks like the server side is still in beta and requires opting in.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2018, 04:25:56 pm »

If the new server is going up soon, it looks like the server side is still in beta and requires opting in.
I'm working on it now. Are you joining us in the new server? You're welcome to, I wasn't sure why you left

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2018, 04:43:50 pm »

I'm working on it now. Are you joining us in the new server? You're welcome to, I wasn't sure why you left

No, I've kind of gotten sucked into other things. Thanks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2018, 04:50:05 pm »

No, I've kind of gotten sucked into other things. Thanks.
No worries. You're welcome back later if you decide to rejoin.

Anyone else who wants to join, you can. Just PM me for the details

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2018, 08:00:17 pm »

Anyone who had joined the server, we had to reset with a smaller map. Despite the update's claims of optimizations and the ability to run up to 16km maps, it lagged too badly even on a 9km map. We dropped it down to 4km and it is back up now.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2018, 04:17:19 am »

it is back up now.
Or is it?

The Tomato Commune shall continue on in this new smaller world.  It can not be stopped.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2018, 04:41:08 am »

it is back up now.
Or is it?

The Tomato Commune shall continue on in this new smaller world.  It can not be stopped.
It was! It crashed at some point last night but is back up for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12