Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread  (Read 40677 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgic Going-Ons Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2018, 06:17:43 pm »

Holy shit, it's been four years since the passing of GWG wow.

As for nostalgia, I've been wishing I had more time for my MUDs, as I still have a character from like, seven years ago still kicking around on one of them, and a new one on a different one whose ideals I like. But I just don't and I miss my little OC babies.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 06:47:38 pm »

...Lo there do I see greatorder
Lo there do I see scriver and MSH..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2018, 06:55:55 pm »

Did that have anything to do with the selling of forum game slots on Patreon?
Whassisnow?

I missed that bit of drama. Got a thread and/or screenies of that? It's piqued my curiosity.
I think that was a different guy. Tried to run a pay-to-play forum game, which created a lot of controversy partly because most people agreed nobody in their right mind would pay money to play a forum game, and partly because some people argued that it broke forum guidelines.

(My screenshots of the nexus guy seem to have gone missing, unfortunately.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2018, 07:01:56 pm »

Based on what others have told me, I believe the person you're talking about is the same person currently doing forum games under the username "roseheart".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2018, 07:54:31 pm »

...Lo there do I see greatorder
Lo there do I see scriver and MSH..

In the halls of bayhalla, where the shitpost may live forever!
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2018, 01:36:42 am »

PTR
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2018, 04:13:50 am »

PTW.

Been here since 2010.  Much nostalgia.  Not much to say on the subject, though.

I've been on the internet for 22 years, and this is by far the longest I've ever socially frequented one place.  Before this, there was an IRC network I hung out on for about 4 years (first place I ever settled into at age 13), and I've not stuck around anywhere else longer than 2.

And I've never been half as involved as most of you.  Never touched forum games.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2018, 08:55:01 am »

Looks like I've been around since the middle of 2011, which is actually earlier than I thought.  I thought I joined in 2012, but I think that was just when I first started playing in community games and really became engaged with DF.

Add me to the list of people who don't feel like an integral part of the community, but who still recognizes the vast majority of posters here.  I don't really participate in casual conversations here, so I always felt more like an outsider who occasionally posted answers to questions in the DF related boards.  But, then, I don't play as much as I used to, so I'm usually not even able to really contribute there anymore.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2018, 01:21:00 pm »

I want to let you guys know I love all of you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2018, 01:38:35 pm »

Gaaaaay
Black lives matter.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2018, 02:15:35 pm »

Gosh, thank you, I love you as well JoshuaFH

Wow, everyone is so gay around here! Just lighthearted and carefree and gay! Hahahaha. AHAHAHAHA! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2018, 02:37:35 pm »

Forum newbie, 'bout two years I think, but I'm PTWing anyway because I enjoy reading about the shenanigans that happened when this forum was younger. If anyone finds a link/screenshot of either the Nexus or Patreon forum game thread, could you please send it to me?

Call me selfish, but I really want to become one of those ole and respected forum elders who are known by pretty much everybody for their accomplishments. I'd like being well known someplace, if only on a Internet forum and not in real life.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2018, 02:46:42 pm »

Call me selfish, but I really want to become one of those ole and respected forum elders who are known by pretty much everybody for their accomplishments.
Accomplishment and forum-specific fame don't go hand in hand. You can and often do have one without the other.

Someone like Meph or Japa would be well known on DF Reddit, I imagine, even if they didn't post there. Neovenik however...
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2018, 03:03:29 pm »

Coming up on eight years.

Not an elder known for my accomplishments, but still my favorite community, with people are accomplished in pretty much everything. You need art advice, boom, you have it. You need writing advice, boom. Math advice, boom. Life advice, BOOM. I really appreciate being in the Ivy League of internet forums.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2018, 03:10:01 pm »

the Ivy League of internet forums.

Yeah, when I said earlier that the arguments and vitriol and general ugliness have always been a part of this place? Sentiment like this is why.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11