Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218676 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2580 on: January 02, 2024, 03:46:57 am »

Magmacube is the hottest person in every room he enters.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 02, 2024, 04:27:14 am »

Magmacube is the hottest person in every room he enters.

"Hello there, ladies and gents!"

*Sounds of agonised screaming as people start getting cooked alive at my mere presence*

"Awwww yeah, none can resist my godlike rizz!"
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2582 on: January 02, 2024, 06:09:53 am »

*Sounds of agonised screaming as people start getting cooked alive at my mere presence*

Are you magma because you literally light up the room

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 03, 2024, 09:20:12 pm »

Do not give in to group pressure, resist the curiosity, simply say no to joules.

How many watt does human radiate per kilogram of meat... Surely a fat person is warmer than a baby?! Or... would a "fast metabolism" litterally waste some of those ressources in excess heat?

All that to say that sometimes I radiate so much heat, I get terrified there might be a housefire, so I jump out of bed to walk through the hallways sniffing... Some time soon I'm going to enact a pretty strict battery policy around the house... All that talk got me terrified of lithium.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 04, 2024, 02:13:12 am »

I don't think a human body can produce so much heat it can burst into flames.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 04, 2024, 08:54:19 am »

Not with that attitude it can't!

... additives would probably be the way to go, in any case. Not, like, being soaked in kerosene (too easy!), but there's probably something or another you can eat that makes it easier to catch fire. Maybe there's a point where you can adjust your internal chemistry radically enough without outright dying that you become able to self-combust.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 07, 2024, 09:56:22 am »

You know, when I needed maps I used to just go on my startpage, pick the maps "tab" and start using it... It has been a long time since my startpage is a blank tab. There was a time you could just type in "867fgizlukj." to be offered the maps tab... That has become increasingly shittier too, don't type in a string that is too long or you will get a bunch of shit tabs offered but not maps. These days they're just making their tabs up, search for duckduckgo on google, and where you'd look for maps images etc, you will find a little bubble called "disadvantages". Flights? lol die in hell with your mouth gaping with open. Shopping? Only good to watch images if you struggle with the name of an item.

And don't get me started on trying to find streetview in the mobile interface, at this point I believe it to be a myth, I think I haven't been able to find it since android 5 or 6 or so... Wanted to show a house to someone today, found it more convenient to run up the stairs, use streetview on the desktop (with the aformentioned unecessary clicks), then take a picture of my screen, and run back downstairs. F-F-Fu-Future

Surely they will implode at some point? Surely all that blatant inefficiency in the name of keeping people longer on your site, is only heating up a server room somewhere with no discernable other effect (except the loss of time on the user's end), and surely your insistence on shittifying your services will create so much bloat of useless queries that at some point you're going to have to shut your doors?! You're just to thick to fail yet, but look at your graveyard of projects. Google can't do anything right except mutilate the golden cash cow for passtime.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 07, 2024, 06:35:20 pm »

I'm generally opposed to AI, and I'd hate this use because I suspect the company would abuse it, but I'd just realised one amazing use for it would be to reproduce a multiplayer horror game player's voice and speech mannerisms. You're wandering around, your friend yells for help, and it turns out to be a monster.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 08, 2024, 06:42:38 am »

I mean, that's already been done on a much more basic level where it simply records small snippets of someone's voice chat and repeats it back. You can use speech recognition to pluck out optimal phrases like "Hey!" or "Over here!" or "Help!", then record examples of when the players say that. But using a learning machine to try and build a speech model off of a few sentences would be... Well, certainly an impressive feat.

EDIT: Hell, you could probably even put in some extra BS where it tracks which phrases it's received from which players, and then once it's got a good repertoire from someone the monster specifically hunts them down to try and replace them.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 08, 2024, 07:12:49 am »

To be fair it'd probably be easier to use a standard voice-copying AI (Since those exist and can run off of a few words even) and some default phrases, but then people would probably work out alternate ways of calling for help.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 09, 2024, 04:56:07 am »

I have a quick test, I rub my fingers together next to my ear, a low sound that shouldn't reach the other ear and covers a fairly wide spectrum.

Well yesterday before sleeping I heard the shh shh both left and right and today after waking up I do.

I don't need to move my brow/ear to feel that there is still something in the left ear that's not right, in fact I won't, I barely dare yawning, swallowing, coughing, inclining my head and listen to anything... It has been a long time listening to very few media...

Every now and then I had some good hearing on the left but it was allways quick to fade again. But that kept me sane because at least I could hope to recover my hearing one day.

I will skip the shower today, and tomorrow too if I'm able, I allready feel awkward but it needs to be done... In fact I will sit in silence and not lift a heavy thing until next monday. I know I know the temptation will be terribly high to allready start feeling and the exterior threating me like a lazy piece of shit, but they can eat shit. None of them can help me, only I can. First comes health.
let

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 09, 2024, 07:00:06 pm »

are you I’m you because you stand proud, or would you win?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 10, 2024, 08:43:29 am »

Yes am have but win'n't.

SECOND DAY IN A ROW THAT BOTH EARS SHH SHH!!!! I HAVE NOT HEARD THIS WELL SINCE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER.

Stand strong, another week of self imposed silence, you can not imagine how much I rejoice turning on the subwoofer and the whole rigamarole and really hear music again.

https://tenor.com/de/view/wrestling-vince-mcmahon-why-wont-you-let-me-have-this-fall-shocked-gif-16060604
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2593 on: January 11, 2024, 10:35:33 am »

are you I’m you because you stand proud, or would you win?
nah I'd win

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 12, 2024, 06:00:44 pm »

This is a graph that shows the amount of activity Bay12 has had throught its recorded history. 2008 and 2024 are excluded due to their incomplete records. The graph specifically counts the amount of posts made each year.

As you can see, with its current momentum, Bay12 may optimistically survive past the end of 2020's before succumbing to its demise. This assumes that at each year onwards, 1/5 of the post amount will be lost.

We posted approximately 80.000 times in 2023, so this scenario assumes that we will post around 65.000 times this year, and around 50.000 in 2025. We will get to 2030 with 20.000 posts, and finish it with 16.000.

Assuming (VERY optimistically, mind you) that this downward glide trend continues with a small negative error margin to round it all up, and a count below 100 a year or one post once every 3-4 days is when the forum dies, then this scenario will see the forum fizzle out in the distant year of 2045. That would mean a 43-and-a-half-year lifespan, extremely long and constituting more than 2/5 of a century. I would be like, a 42 year old geezer, with a life, and husband, and 3 kids. Assuming I am still going to be here by that time, then my only other companion will be Jifodus, who will say absolutely nothing and then proceed to outlast me to become the actual last user in Bay12.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa... It is much more likely that our doom will come earlier, sometime between 2028-2030. Since the decline is not exactly uniform, and collapse tends to beget more of itself, I say we will see the end of this decade, but not much after that. Bay12 will be 28.5 years old by then, almost 3 entire decades in age, and maybe even in the same exact shape as of now.

Just speculating. It is fun to do. Time will show us what happens.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 180