Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77972 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #720 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:17 pm »

Bump
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 12, 2020, 11:32:17 pm »

Bump

((Yeah, thanks! Sorry, sorry, had a weird-ass end of last month and start of this one. I should've been more on the money, but I can't control weird sleep schedules, deep personal self-reflection, and a global pandemic that I fortunately am not infected with...as of writing. So! Yeah, new turn will come soon, I just will still have a tiny grace period for Joe and Edel, because I'm sure both are very busy. Danke!))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 16, 2020, 07:42:09 pm »

Considering the situation, it was time to try and get away and fade into the shadows once more, then something could be done about the wounds suffered and a new plan of attack on, preferably, a more isolated and easy target.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 20, 2020, 04:58:25 am »

Will be updating tomorrow, March 21st!

Update: gotta stop picking specific dates, XD. Sometimes over the next couple of days, for sure!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:35:36 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 20, 2020, 05:19:06 pm »

Makes me feel the need to post something on the status of my own game...

Edelweiss

• Bay Watcher
  • I have approximate knowledge of exactly nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2020, 07:05:47 pm »

(I am the worst. Sorry for the wait!)

Reeling the power of my Semblance back in to dish out when it's needed more, I slide into cover beside my partner.

"Well, that didn't work."

"It didn't look like we even made a dent."

"If I might make a suggestion, maybe we should try seeing what we can do about the rest of these..." A pause. "People, first? Maybe one or two of them would be willing to help us?"

"Stick together. Freezerburn!"

Leaping out from cover, I follow through with the called pre-coordinated attack, slamming a fire Dust round into the sheet of ice created by my teammate. With the resulting billow of fog providing substantial cover, Team RWBY makes a break for city hall.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2020, 02:04:52 am »

Twisted Azalea
Classic
Part III: Titanfall
Valdosta, Georgia
Sunrise, Sunny, 12/18/2020

With the adrenaline coursing through his veins and the song still flowing through his heart, Thomas Scott doesn't even stop or hesitate before continuing on the path to least resistance. While he hits the magazine release to switch out for a full load, Barney continues trying to savage Ethan Daine. [6 v 10] He lunges for Ethan with paws at the ready, but Ethan rolls out of the way on his left side just in time to avoid the swipe. Still, Thomas reloads and fires. [1 v 5] He fires his pocket pistol at the door, and hits it! Unfortunately, Ethan Daine is not a door. And to make matters worse, the JB300, hearing the shots, runs down to try and attack Thomas. [5 v 7] He swipes with his blade, but misses, and as Barney rears back and heads into the kitchen in return, only Ethan remains in the living room.

The King of Castle Peak growls under his breath, a frown creasing across his face in chagrin and irritation as the craft begins rising off the ground. Raising a hand glowing blue with Ice Magic, the King looks towards his Servant and orders "Damn it, fire quickly, we don't want to give it the chance to return fire." Archer traces another version of Caladbolg, clutching the Broken Phantasm as he looks over the rising aircraft. Meanwhile, the King looks around to spot vulnerable Wiki-Warriors. [Spot: 2] However, from his vantage point, he can't really see anyone. Not really, anyway. Archer notches Caladbolg II, and doesn't hesitate to fire. [9 v 2 (+2 Damage: Penetration of Caladbolg and Explosion of Broken Phantasm)] This time, the aim rings true. He fires it, and the drill-shaped blade passes through the weapons systems, disabling the Turbolasers on it's right side as it passes through the ship before stopping dead center in the craft. [Injury: 3 (Korol Solo)] [Injury: 2 (Chertyl Ruluwoor)] [Injury: 10 (Ship Itself and Crew)] A fiery explosion detonates right in the middle of the ship, disabling the engines and most of the weapons systems. Of the five-hundred and eighty six crewmen, half are either eradicated by the explosion, dismembered by the yield, set ablaze by the Broken Phantasm's explosion, or simply have internally bled to death from the shockwave. The remaining crew of two hundred and ninety three, along with Korol and Chertyl, are unharmed save for bruises and cuts as the ship makes a hard landing from the lack of engine support.

The very first thing the GDI soldiers (and the weird-ass wooden statue of the Virgin Mary) see is a large spaceship just outside of town crashing and burning. Clearly, the conflict is already underway. Thus, they all pile in to their nearby helicopter, and begin to spin the rotors. Two Infantry fly the chopper, two of them hang out the side to add some extra guns, and one joins Zachary and the Virgin Mary, sat down in the craft itself as backup. They begin flying towards the town, scoping out Wiki-Warriors to battle later on. [Spot: 9] They spot Team RWBY hiding behind a building first, followed by The King and Archer on top of City Hall, a couple Androids standing by a car, and a...goddamn ghost train reversing towards the town. They do not, however, spot Thomas Scott, Aeyon Fellwind, or White Mage.

Picking himself off the ground, surviving despite the odds, Korol Solo brushes himself off and rushes towards the communications network, and sends out the following bulletin. "Alright, well, situation is clearly very abnormal, but stay calm. Okay, the plan has to change. I'll get the tech guys to start making reinforcement hails, while I check the armory and brig. Maybe we can still pull off the peacekeeping aspect. Make sure no one picks us off while we're down." With that done, he picks Chertyl up onto her feet and tells her "Keep an eye on them," before running off. First towards the armory, passing by the carnage both ship and crew have experienced. [Spot: 10] Luckily, the armory is not only intact when he finally makes it there, but he does, in fact, find exactly what he wants. Blasters with stun functions, full on stun prods, concussion grenades, handcuffs, the whole shebang. Every weapon you would ever need to pull off a pacifistic end to the Wiki-War. With that done, he runs down to the Brig, which is luckily not too far. [Condition: 9] Most of the brig cells are still in good condition, and the energy-field doors are still working. If they can either get the ship running or procure a different craft, this may just work after all.

Watching with a grin as the youngsters come aboard, the Bishop George Blyth throws it in reverse and sends the train back, hilariously playing the song "Come on Over" by Royal Blood backwards as it goes. Leading them to one of the other cars, George Blyth uses his magic, passed down from the Lord. Five swords with silver blades and gold hilts, identical to his own sword, pass out of the bright light. Dairou passes them out as George Blyth explains "The Swords of the Bishopric. Some of God's own might passed down to us humble warriors. They are said to be blessed, slaying the Wicked with ease. Take them, my brethren. Let us purge." The train crashes back into Valdosta in no time [8 v 9] narrow missing the car the Androids are next to with the caboose.

With the weary sigh comparable to others in his field who have done the unspeakable, Aeyon stares down at the finished vials and syringes of the toxin, the disease. "By Elbereth..," he whispers in disbelief at what he had just done. Realizing he's still not done, he slips a vial back into the machine and whispers again "I need to make sure this vile plague does not consume me as well." [6+2+2] In no time at all, he produces a limited run of the vaccine, allowing him to cure himself should the worst come to pass.

Similar to the GDI, the first thing that crosses White Mage's mind is the large craft crashing down just outside of town, only North of her position. With a weary sigh, she casts Protect (+2 Defense for two turns) and begins to wander into town in search of a place where she can find spell books. [Spot: 8] As soon as she makes it into Valdosta on the Southern end, she finds a bookstore and wanders in. The civilians who are still there cower at all the explosions and gunfire coming up North, but she still quietly looks around for a spell book. [6] She finds one that may prove fruitful for at least one White Magic spell. It'll take a little while to go through, though.

Before John and Markus can start their plan to break in and end Ethan Daine's life, JB300 is busy with his own agenda of trying to assassinate Thomas Scott and Barney. [2 v 6] He takes a swipe at Thomas, and again misses very narrowly, before turning around to stab Barney. [10 v 6] He manages to stab into Barney's cheek, and roughly pulls it out, giving the Cartoon bear half of a Glasgow Grin. Bursting in, John and Markus open fire on Ethan. [5 v 6-2 (Pain)] John's first shot misses, the round flying past Ethan and crashing into the wall, which lodges itself into the drywall. [1 v 6-2 (Pain)] Markus misses even worse, firing right as Ethan Daine bolts upstairs.

Running upstairs, Ethan takes the first precaution on escaping: stealth. [Stealth: 10-2 (Pain)] Despite now limping as the adrenaline dies, he still manages to duck into the upstairs bathroom's linen closet, hiding amongst the shelves. It wasn't perfect, but it'd give him just enough time to come up with a plan. [Medical: 6] While in there, he finds some gauze and uses it to close up the wound at his hips. He's still feeling pain, but he's not immediately bleeding out and leaving a trail to follow him, which is useful.

Suppressing her anger and sliding back into cover beside Blake, Yang breathes out heavily and tries to snark "Well, that didn't work." Blake shakes her head and looks over, only to see the horrific explosion and crash. "Well, we didn't do much...but those people on City Hall sure did." Weiss sighs and pinches her nose. "If I might make a suggestion?" she starts. "Maybe we should try seeing what we can do about the rest of these...people, first? Maybe one or two of them would be willing to help us?" Ruby looks over and nods. "Okay...stick together. Freezerburn!" [Stealth: 10] Weiss pops out of cover at the right time to use her blade to produce a sheet of ice, letting Yang punch down a fire Dust round into it. A billow of blistering cold fog coats the town, allowing Team RWBY to run towards City Hall and hide before anyone notices they've left their position. They are under the archway around the entrance, allowing them to stay concealed for now.

BSN: Welcome back! Sorry again. Had to change my ways and avoid getting sick, ya know...Anywho, yes, let's get to the sheets!

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edelweiss (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 22, 2020, 05:48:04 am »

Read through the book looking for any offensive spell that'll help me, while I'm reading the book I'll stay away from the windows and hide behind something to keep from being found.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 22, 2020, 06:41:18 am »

Touch down on the ground, and with four infantry men open fire on the Androids. Have one of my soldiers stay in the chopper, fly back up, and provide aerial support, shooting the helicopter machine guns to pin down the Androids.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 22, 2020, 07:53:28 am »

"Thank you Archer, you've done well. Now then, Lancer!"
Summon Lancer, begin setting up some icey defenses(Spikes, walls, etc.), to keep us from being shot at or rushed straight away.

Hotfire90

« Reply #730 on: March 22, 2020, 08:09:28 am »

Grab two blasters, two concussion grenades, a pair of handcuffs and some armor. Then get the reinforcements called in already and ask the technicians whether it's possible to fix the weapons and engines.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 22, 2020, 01:32:52 pm »

Use the magic spell known as "Haste" on the train and ram it at full speed into the androids, then back up till out of sight again for extra safety.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2020, 03:07:14 am »

Oh no! Barney’s hurt! Shoot JB and formulate a plan: Go to a radio/television station and garner support!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 25, 2020, 03:20:56 pm »

Reload. Keep firing.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2020, 05:57:20 pm »

"To this world, I am... sorry. But nothing else I can muster will compare to the power of these great champions arrayed against me. I beg for forgiveness... but this I must do."

Prepare by tainting some of my crossbow bolts with with the virus, then utilize my intelligence(+2) to find a useful yet not unreasonable to capture target for my viral payload.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 63