Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43417 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 9: Loot Crate Catastrophe]
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2018, 11:36:17 pm »

Ok first off metal magic to get the grate around Ventaro's hand to no longer be holding him. If I could pull he metal up and out for my own use, that would be even better.

And keep investigating the pipes/rods/whatever and why they don't respond to my magic easily. Also, use some air magic to try to create some wind in the pipes. If they're hollow, it should work, or at least I should feel some purchase; if they're solid, I won't feel anything.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2018, 01:48:59 am »

"That looks inconvenient. Want a hand with that?"

Command my familiar to solve this puzzle for us!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2018, 03:12:15 am »

"Uhhh.... anyone got a light? I seem to have dropped something..."

Jeffery wades around in the water, searching for his Icy Shard. If possible, he tries to extend his magic into the metallic contents of the water (fallen rust from pipes, or just the natural minerals in water) and shifts them around until he locates the Icy Shard.

He then pops back up, and tries again to bring the Shard into contact with one of the pipes. This, time, with a solid grip.

If Ventaro is still drowning due to his teammates failing to rescue him, Jeffery instead uses his second action to try to pull him out of the water.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2018, 10:33:58 am »

Fine.  Tell one of the jackals to go over and press on the door. If it doesn't explode or otherwise get menaced go over and try to open the door myself. Use transmogrification magic to distort it if my strength won't work.

If something unfriendly comes out from the door, use all my flesh magic and a point of passion to reduce it to giblets. Then eat the remains.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »

If I haven't been rescued by this point, I guess it's time for something drastic. I was saving this to try to get a Soul Rend ability later, but...eat the wraith essence and use my alchemy to refine it into my body:
1 Alchemy for Base action
1 Seduction to swallow it without breaking or harming the essence or vice versa with the alchemy.
1 Alchemy Passion for the effect to be a spectral form (or a spectral aura that can make things ethereal to also cover my possessions if the form won't do that.) OR if I can use a normal alchemy point for that, do so and use the passion for some sort of spectral attack or modification to to physical attack capabilities.
1 Alchemy Passion to make the effect at will.
4 Alchemy to account for my snake blood if necessary and help this work without getting myself killed or maimed.

For my second action, try to remove my hand from the grill and get out of the water.

If I have been rescued by now, offer Erin more of the potion and observe the effects with my alchemical knowledge. Give him up to 1/4th of the original volume of the elixir gradually, stopping when effects manifest. (5 Alchemy)

For my second action, study my mote some more.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn I Must Deal With It]
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2018, 07:51:56 pm »

"Let us forge ahead, then."

Necromancy: Then at least create the equivalent of a mental necromancy thermometer to figure out when/if the taint is going to be a problem.

See if Enchantment can be used through the prismatic gem, then. If not, try to fix the locking.

Vote: Forward to more pipes, which also seems to be the majority opinion. I dunno, I haven't re-read the posts.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2018, 01:14:56 am »

Turn 10: Partial Credit

Ok first off metal magic to get the grate around Ventaro's hand to no longer be holding him. If I could pull he metal up and out for my own use, that would be even better.

And keep investigating the pipes/rods/whatever and why they don't respond to my magic easily. Also, use some air magic to try to create some wind in the pipes. If they're hollow, it should work, or at least I should feel some purchase; if they're solid, I won't feel anything.

[1] You fuck up. You fuck up hard. Instead of warping his hand free, you suck yourself down there to join him.

...or at least, you should have. You felt the connection go all sideways and were prepared for the inevitable conclusion, but the magic couldn't seem to "latch" onto the metal like it should have. Even if it were resistant to change, it should have been a firm anchor for pulling yourself in. Instead you just kinda stumble forward half a step while trying to salvage it, and are then fine. Curious.

[3] You don't sense any air in the pipes you investigate. That would seem to indicate that either they're solid metal, or they're so full of whatever they're carrying there's no room for air. Ooh... or that whatever's blocking you from messing with them is blocking you from messing with what's inside them.

+1 Metal

"Uhhh.... anyone got a light? I seem to have dropped something..."

Jeffery wades around in the water, searching for his Icy Shard. If possible, he tries to extend his magic into the metallic contents of the water (fallen rust from pipes, or just the natural minerals in water) and shifts them around until he locates the Icy Shard.

He then pops back up, and tries again to bring the Shard into contact with one of the pipes. This, time, with a solid grip.

If Ventaro is still drowning due to his teammates failing to rescue him, Jeffery instead uses his second action to try to pull him out of the water.

[2] You can't find it anywhere!

[4] You do tug Ventaro free, though. Ally vs Icy Shard... well, 1 is still greater than 0, at least.

Ventaro freed

If I haven't been rescued by this point, I guess it's time for something drastic. I was saving this to try to get a Soul Rend ability later, but...eat the wraith essence and use my alchemy to refine it into my body:
1 Alchemy for Base action
1 Seduction to swallow it without breaking or harming the essence or vice versa with the alchemy.
1 Alchemy Passion for the effect to be a spectral form (or a spectral aura that can make things ethereal to also cover my possessions if the form won't do that.) OR if I can use a normal alchemy point for that, do so and use the passion for some sort of spectral attack or modification to to physical attack capabilities.
1 Alchemy Passion to make the effect at will.
4 Alchemy to account for my snake blood if necessary and help this work without getting myself killed or maimed.

For my second action, try to remove my hand from the grill and get out of the water.

If I have been rescued by now, offer Erin more of the potion and observe the effects with my alchemical knowledge. Give him up to 1/4th of the original volume of the elixir gradually, stopping when effects manifest. (5 Alchemy)

For my second action, study my mote some more.

[6] Does feeling queasy count as effects manifesting? Of course it doesn't, drink up you wuss. Clearly he's dying of plague from your weird toothpick sap potion. Or maybe it's rough on his stomach.

[1] You stab yourself right in the godsdamned tongue. How did that happen? Well you were licking it like usual and pulling toothpicks out of it with your tongue like usual and something went wrong so you stabbed yourself in the tongue with one of the damned things. Ow.

Maybe you should specify how you're studying it next time.

Thtabbed Thongue: Owthch.
+1 Medicine, +1 Seduction
OVERLOADED: DON'T MAKE ME MAKE YOU PASSION SEDUCE AN ALLY

"Let us forge ahead, then."

Necromancy: Then at least create the equivalent of a mental necromancy thermometer to figure out when/if the taint is going to be a problem.

See if Enchantment can be used through the prismatic gem, then. If not, try to fix the locking.

Vote: Forward to more pipes, which also seems to be the majority opinion. I dunno, I haven't re-read the posts.

[4] You channel some of your necromantic might towards keeping an eye on this... issue.

[6] You hurl the gem down the hallway. Distance will sometimes help with these matters, but in this case it persists, holding firmly to your enchantment potential. On the bright side, this makes it easy to find again, since you're obviously connected to it.

+1 Throwing Passion

You all head deeper into the pipe-filled hallway, which continues to get pipier. Anna's sort of chilling in an underwater cave or passage she found? But the rest of you scout ahead, and notice a thrumming sound that gets louder the further you go. After a while it resolves into the unmistakable sound of machinery pumping away, and the path opens to a sort of open-ish area of grate flooring punctuated by large metal structures or devices of some kind. The area is bathed in weird, inconsistent light, looks pretty verdant for a loud artificial cavern, and is currently inhabited by several dog-sized tentacled crabs screeching and advancing on your delicious meat from all directions.

"That looks inconvenient. Want a hand with that?"

Command my familiar to solve this puzzle for us!
[1] Lady Irstivfell squawks indignantly before pulling on the levers. You're not sure if she knows what she's doing or just very enthusiastic, but each lever pull results in distant rumbling which she doesn't seem to stop and consider before throwing another. She hits most of them several times before finally coming to rest on one, at which point the door rumbles open and a shrieking flurry of translucent violet tentacles bursts from the entryway.

Lady Irstivfell shrieks loudly and bolts under your hat.

+1 Animal Handling

Fine.  Tell one of the jackals to go over and press on the door. If it doesn't explode or otherwise get menaced go over and try to open the door myself. Use transmogrification magic to distort it if my strength won't work.

If something unfriendly comes out from the door, use all my flesh magic and a point of passion to reduce it to giblets. Then eat the remains.

[6] The thing doesn't respond to flesh magic, so you just forge a jackalchain and begin carving it like a blob of peanut butter.

Unfortunately there's a lot of it. It keeps bubbling through the door, sucking up the parts you cut off. Or maybe just rolling over them, it's a block of goo so it's hard to say.

Damage dealt to goo-thing?
+1 Flesh
1 Flesh Passion Spent: No increase
New Trait: Warflesh 1

Spoiler: House Arcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slimebait (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 10: Partial Credit]
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2018, 01:27:16 am »

"Note to self: Birds are terrible at solving puzzles. Now...
D̳͕̀͡I͈̻͍͙̲͡E̤̖̫͍̟͖͕͢͝!"

DEATH MAGIC IT ALL THE WAY
YES USE THE PASSION OBVIOUSLY
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2018, 02:55:05 am »

"Hey guys. I dropped a thing. It was an.... uh.... thingy thing. Oh! An Ice thing. Wait, does that mean it's gonna melt if I don't find it soon? Can you all please help me look?"

Jeffery continues desperately wading through the water, sweeping his hands around and trying to find his shard.

After being alerted to the decapod threat, Jeffery uses his second action to summon six metal replicas of the crab-things to fight them. One point for the base spell, and five individual points for each identical summon alongside. One point of metal for the metal body, and another point to randomize the metal for each crab. Additionally, Jeffery adds a point of spears onto one of the crabs to give it spear-like claws.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:28:33 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2018, 07:57:42 am »

I need to wait a bit and heal. ._.
Look for Jeffry's shard thing. Just look for it, don't stick my hands anywhere. I don't want to get maimed again.

EDIT: AH SHIT I DID NOT NOTICE CRABS
If they come near me, fire away. If they don't, heal some more.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:51:23 pm by Glass »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2018, 02:40:01 pm »

(Waitlist or not, here I come)

Name: Xiaoli Wind-Foot
Description: Female human of average height. Long white hair. Turquoise robes and leggings. Barefooted. Soft-spoken but blunt.
Primary Skill: Pneumomancy (Control of air/wind) +5
Secondary Skills: Enchantment +3 and Archery +3
Precious Item: Eversprout Bow - A magical longbow that can keep growing additional arrows whenever fed water, essentially creating an inexhaustible supply of ammo. Using whatever that can serve as fertilizer can increase the rate of arrows grown.
Backstory: A drifter from a distant land, Xiaoli found this land to be on the brink of eldritch catastrophe. Hoping to find a new home, she resolved to find out what happened here and whether there is a way to put an end to the madness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2018, 02:52:36 pm »

There is already an air magic. It's just called air magic.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2018, 06:37:50 pm »

((I'm not sure why I got a Medicine Passion, but I guess I should diversify my skill portfolio anyway. Irony, can I use the increased skill on the turn I level it up? If not, I'll edit my action.))

"Um, guyth. I think thith may be a bad thime to thearch for thtuff. The crabth look like they want to eat uth."

Level up Seduction and Medicine.

Use my alchemical knowledge and newfound medical skill to apply a bit of my elixir to my injured tongue and refine the healing properties in it to heal me better and faster. While doing this, also be using my alchemy to figure out the effects of the potion since I'll be experiencing them.  5 Alchemy, 1 Medicine.

And since we seem to be fighting tentacle crabs now and my snake whip worked so well, grab one of the crabs by the tentacle and use it as a flail to hit the other crabs. 3 Brawling.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:17:51 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2018, 07:52:12 pm »

Refashion teeth into organic chainsaws. Chew blob.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2018, 01:41:17 am »

There is already an air magic. It's just called air magic.

That's the one. I'm just being fancy.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26