Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]  (Read 43925 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 14: It's What's Inside That Counts]
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2018, 10:13:05 pm »

Barf a death laser at them while tearing them apart.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 16, 2018, 12:02:23 am »

I'm gonna assume that I'm still in the Blacksmith's shop.

Use my Negotiation passion and convey my want to create tools for the village via poking the drunken blacksmith with the blunt end of my Golemetal Rod if he tries to interfere with my smithery.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:15:13 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 16, 2018, 02:56:42 am »

((EVERYONE IS ACTIVE :D))
Protect up this village--Akari was busy providing foundations for its protection! (Making Glowing warning scouts or 'wisps', spending 1 passion in order for these wisps to subsist on darkness for sustenance [like being nocturnal])
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:19:42 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD
« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2018, 05:47:39 pm »

"It could well be that it has been too long since I have seen one, and your presence here could change that situation." Devorae replied, not in the mood to be too pleasant and flattering since he was dealing with a fairy with a bad case of swollen head. He was the one in power, not a pixie with an overgrown ego.

"Now, I could be mistaken and we could only have gotten to a bad start. I would be inclined to treat a lady like one given pleasant talk. To start with, what is your name? I am Lord Devorae the Devoted, and I am curious about our residence in this gem that now sits as part of my hoard. I also wonder how you gauge 'worthiness'."

Mossy caverns it is.

Leadership: Have the crabs scout ahead and valiantly fight and/or die in case trouble presents itself. Necromancy: try to spit the taint out once more.

Keep talking to the fairy. Try to tug the Enchantment power back.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2018, 07:32:40 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2019, 12:26:31 pm »

IRONY UPDATE YOUR GAME

IF YOU DON'T SO HELP ME GOD I'LL FIND YOU AND RUB YOUR BELLY AND WHISPER SUPPORTIVE THINGS IN YOUR EAR UNTIL YOU DO!!!

I'll also keep using comic sans.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 06, 2019, 05:10:11 am »

Turn 15: Items of Power

I'll also keep using comic sans.
There are limits, man! LIMITS!

Jeffery mulls over the question of rewarding his summons for a moment. He hesitantly states, "As a reward, you all uhh... will get a name! Because not having a name is really inconvenient, and thus naming you all is a very good reward. Mmmhmm. Yep."

He then sets about the absolutely monumental task of naming each individual small crab.

He also caresses his Icy Shard, cooing gently to it in an affectionate manner.
He's missed it.
[5] The spearcrabs chitter with joy at receiving honorable names for their glorious victory.

[2] You immediately drop it again. Despite your admonitions of shitshitshitshitshit you fish it out of the water quickly and without incident.

+1 Charisma Passion

"Well, that was fun. We should probably catch up with the others though."

Focus on recovering my health or otherwise healing myself. +1 Medicine Passion if it can apply.

Catch up with the others while alchemically analyzing the moss stuff to figure out what I can do with it. 6 Alchemy, 4 Herbalism.

Also, vote for going to the moss cavern.

And see if Anna would be able to conjure up a solid, pure vitamantic/healing essence for me to make a potion with, once I catch up to the group.

[3] You heal up okay.

[1] You assume Anna could easily conjure up healing essence, but that it would probably anger the screaming void eels that lurk just beneath the surface of reality. Then again, you're not an expert and you bungle your attempts to ask her by calling her "Corpse Girl."

+1 Seduction
1 Medicine Passion Spent: Medicine improves from +0 to +1!

Use flesh magic to reassert control. I control the flesh around here, thank you very much.

If it doesn't work, use second action to try it again.  If it does work, toss a jackal into the pink stuff and see what happens. 

[4] You offload some of your consciousness to the jackals, allowing you to control yourself while being controlled. It's a very peculiar arrangement.

You throw a jackal into the ball. It sort of catches and starts being spun around in what you can now tell is goo (or very coherent energy). The spinning seems to slow down and become more erratic with a tethered jackal in it, and the pink light filling the room dims.

[3][2] The jackal, on the other hand, bloats up into a cancerball. You're not sure why, though from your connection/personal experience it doesn't seem especially distressed.

Hivemind Carrier -> Reverse Hivemind Carrier

Maybe I can use the green glass as an artifice focus at some point. *shrug*

Artifice, check if the glass has any magical properties (or could be enchanted easily).

Diplomatically ask if I may talk to the fairy.

I vote we go to the wetter end. We can get fish.
[1] In your experience, enchanting glass is an excellent way to take a cannonshot of shrapnel to the face. You may have gotten a little overambitious with a porthole once.

[3] You're not sure if you should be asking Devorae or the fairy, but the fairy responds.

"One such as you may approach me with a suitable offering," she declares haughtily, waving a hand dismissively.

+1 Artifice

"I wonder if there are any villages out here," Xiaoli wondered as she stood on an outcropping, staring at the strange massive pillar of unreality in the distance. "Perhaps I should prepare before I go any further,"

1. Make an enchanted censor flail.

+1 Enchanting: Make it lighter.
+1 Enchanting: Make it cause knockback.

2. Make an air shield.

+Pneumomancy: Make it tough.
+Pheumomancy: Make it able to deflect enemy projectiles.

[4] You apply the enchantments, but they don't seem to "attach" very well. Typically that's caused by either peculiar qualities of the material or existing power not leaving any room for further enhancements. You suspect your enchantments will be prone to slipping off and dissipating when used.

[4] You wreathe yourself in a shield of air. Maintaining such a shield will prevent you from using your air magic elsewhere, and without using enchantment to stabilize it will likely require concentration as well.

Obsidian Censer -> Loosely Enchanted Light Obsidian Censer of Knockback
Air Shield

Burn my way through the barrier.

If the barrier is still there, overload it with necromancy and vitamancy, otherwise use vitamancy to turn my lifeloop into a reservoir that stores any excess life force I may gather.

[3] You burn through some of it, but it doesn't seem especially flammable and it's hard to work with searing heat in enclosed spaces.

[5] You channel alternating vitamancy and necromancy through the barrier until it destabilizes and explodes spectacularly. Without exploding you! Truly you are a genius.

Barrier destroyed
+1 Necromancy Passion

Barf a death laser at them while tearing them apart.
[3] Your death lasers come out sort of tepid, more like death vomit. It does seem to melt them, though, which is nice because normally spirits aren't terrible afraid of death lasers.

[4] Your claws, on the other hand, are quite effective, and you feel elated at defeating and consuming prey.

Soon enough, there's no more screaming wall spirits and you're still hungry. You're in a sort of awkward alley-thing; the walls here are tall, irregular blocks of smooth stone, set closely together to form angular branching passages.

Spirits devoured

I'm gonna assume that I'm still in the Blacksmith's shop.

Use my Negotiation passion and convey my want to create tools for the village via poking the drunken blacksmith with the blunt end of my Golemetal Rod if he tries to interfere with my smithery.

[4] You pour your heart out to the smith, explaining your deep desire to forge farming tools for the good of the village and the glory of the craft. A single tear rolls down his cheek and he lets you use his forge.

[6] You forge your golemmetal into four giant but lightweight farming tools- the Hoe of Tilling, the Scythe of Agriculture, the Plow of Farming, and the Shovel of Cultivation. With these mighty tools, you expect a sufficiently skilled farmer to farm really hard.

There is an odd note regarding the conductivity, though- while you seem to reduce their willingness to conduct heat and electricity, it feels like that transfers to some other type of conductivity. If you're lucky they're conductive to enchanting and will hold enchantments better. If you're unlucky they're conductive to souls and you'll have some kind of shambling zombie apocalypse in a few weeks.

+1 Blacksmithing
1 Negotiation Passion Spent: Negotiation improves from +0 to +1!
Most golemmetal used to create The Four Farming Implements

((EVERYONE IS ACTIVE :D))
Protect up this village--Akari was busy providing foundations for its protection! (Making Glowing warning scouts or 'wisps', spending 1 passion in order for these wisps to subsist on darkness for sustenance [like being nocturnal])
[3] You make glowing wisps that drift around at night, but they're a little lackluster as a scouting or warning system. They mainly just attach to moving things and start glowing brightly while draining tiny amounts of essence from them, which is a decent way to warn of incoming monsters and annoy incoming travelers.

Glowing Wisps created
1 Glow Passion spent: No increase

"It could well be that it has been too long since I have seen one, and your presence here could change that situation." Devorae replied, not in the mood to be too pleasant and flattering since he was dealing with a fairy with a bad case of swollen head. He was the one in power, not a pixie with an overgrown ego.

"Now, I could be mistaken and we could only have gotten to a bad start. I would be inclined to treat a lady like one given pleasant talk. To start with, what is your name? I am Lord Devorae the Devoted, and I am curious about our residence in this gem that now sits as part of my hoard. I also wonder how you gauge 'worthiness'."

Mossy caverns it is.

Leadership: Have the crabs scout ahead and valiantly fight and/or die in case trouble presents itself. Necromancy: try to spit the taint out once more.

Keep talking to the fairy. Try to tug the Enchantment power back.

"You may call me Priscilla," she announces, with all the humility of a giant solid gold statue of herself.

"As for my presence here, this is what is referred to as a Spirit Stone. It allows for the focusing and containment of entities such as myself, though most contain spirits far more banal than I. As I'm sure you can tell, a being as radiant as myself is an avatar of beauty and vitality.

Oh yes. That ability to focus ambient energies is also what permits me to requisition your enchanting powers so readily. It's quite beautiful and I'm sure I can find a use for it.

As for worthiness, obviously the most beautiful and healthy are the most worthy."

She glances you over. "I suppose you are passable on those fronts."

You tug on your enchanting, but it remains firmly anchored to the stone. You do notice the fairy twitch in annoyance, which seems to imply she's aware of the connection or maybe even consciously holding it in place.

[3] You crabs scout ahead and report various vermin hiding amidst the foliage. The giant kind that eats travelers, not the regular kind that's sort of icky. They fail to do much fighting save for a fighting retreat.

[1] You just end up concentrating some of it in your tongue, which gives you sporadic urges to shout about insolent fools. At least, you think that's the taint and not being surrounded by insolent fools.

+1 Necromancy

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a nice sandstone town on a mesa in a forest of weeping black trees. There's a dwarf trapped under some rubble and a crazy man being assaulted by a crow.

Nice place, all in all.

House Arcana
With two for the moss caves and one for the wetlands, you wander off into the moss caves.

The first thing you notice is that the moss caves are not fucking around with naming. The corridors are pretty narrow and circular, and they are absolutely carpeted with thick, spongy moss. Given that they're also completely dark without your assistance, this raises some questions.

The second thing you notice is that Anna is being eaten by a snail. Just... grabbed her by the head, pulled her up into its maw, started munching away with that bladed tongue they have. Anna seems relatively nonplussed, possibly because she's sort of undead at the moment.

At this point other snails begin emerging from other tunnels, lashing out ponderously with their bladed whip-tongues. You suppose you will have to address this.

Spoiler: House Best (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Deepstone (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: House Nightmare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Commoner Scum (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Kingdom RTD [Turn 15: Items of Power]
« Reply #368 on: January 06, 2019, 05:32:01 am »

Jeffery sends in the Metallic Spearcrabs, and gives them helpful advice on their combat from time to time using his knowledge of spears.

He then spends the rest of his time trying to ignore the ensuing battle and figuring out this goddamn ice thing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 06, 2019, 08:41:27 am »

Let’s try something. It’ll probably require some Passions, because I quite thoroughly expect it is not how the magic I’m going to use is supposed to be used in the slightest.

Use my metal magic on the iron/copper/whatever oxygen-carrying metal is in these snails’ blood and condense it all in their hearts, completely clogging the bloodflow while also potentially creating some interesting metal items for harvest. Use all my Metal Passion to make sure this happens.

Also, use my air magic to send blades of air across all the snails, using my “Flenser” skill. Also use one Passion to make them loud, in order to mess with the snails’ senses.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hotfire90

« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2019, 02:44:59 pm »

Elen stretched her limbs after what felt like an eternity of imprisonment. "HAHAHA! At last I am free once more!" Elen cried out in triumph.

Find some farmers and empower them with vitamancy and flesh magic, focus on increasing their strength, speed and endurance.

Try to locate nearby undead creatures with necromancy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2019, 03:09:26 pm »

WELL FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO KILL THEN, BAKA
SURELY THERE'S SOMETHING UP AHEAD IN THIS MAZE
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2019, 06:18:43 pm »

"Do you require assistance, dwarf?"

If yes, transmute the rubble to air. Else, use plant magic and vitamancy to animate and humanify a nearby tree.
Go looking for trouble.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2019, 07:56:40 pm »

Seduce the fairy with honeyed words, offer her one of the glowing toothpicks I drew from my mote earlier and ask if such a beautiful being brimming with vitality would be kind enough to tell me what my mote is and/or does, alchemically and magically. 3 Seduction. 2 Seduction Passion for even more effective seduction.

And since that hopefully took enough time for everyone else to attack the snails, get in there and refine the durability/defense/damage reduction from one of their shells if they are all dead. If not, grapple one (preferably the one eating Anna if it isn't dead) using my Harvester's Grip and refine the quality of defense/durability/damage reduction from it while keeping it or the others from hitting me. 6 Alchemy, 1 Alchemy Passion for the defense/durability refining. 4 Brawling too if I have to wrangle a live one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:52:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2019, 12:20:56 pm »

"Hmm..."

Use +1 Enchanting to stabilize the air shield.
Use +1 Enchanting to modify it so that air attacks can be used while it's active.

Locate the village.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26