Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78667 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:34 am »

Go to the location the second rocket hit, try to see if the first rocket is around
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2018, 05:09:15 am »

"Things are finally starting to go Bob's way!"
Bob will make some more smoke bombs, then Bob will go into the city and buy a Beretta M9, a few spare mags, and a few boxes ammo.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2018, 11:05:58 am »

Construct the wheels myself on the assembly line myself, have the other animals to fixate themselves in making sure all the stuff in the labs are prepared and put into the semi-truck and the animals in the carrier, in which we drive to the ranch and connect the assembly and gamma ray bombarded to the ranch

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2018, 12:34:16 am »

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 14 clones continue to, carefully, explore the surrounding buildings, ONLY the abandon ones, slowly expanding out until they find an abandon building.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. Begin again to design a mind duplicator for now.

Never got this answered -->How big is my tunnel, how many rooms have been dug out, can I start putting equipment in it.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Another two clones.

(tunnel) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 4+1 = 5] They dig out another two city blocks of tunnel.

(exploration) [1d6 = 3] They still find nothing interesting in the abandoned buildings.

(duplicator) [1d6 = 6] Once again, you only end up designing a strange mind broadcasty thingy. At least you didn’t build it.

As for your questions… it’s about 1200 feet long, 48 rooms, and you can put equipment in it.

Design a limited use AI to assist in my previous brain scanning Angel & Demon action, if I can't do it just by myself.

[1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] Unfortunately, the AI does not help much with the problem.

Work to be done now that that guy is gone.

First, let's open up the program for the spiderbots. Linking-IN data feed to Hub Program.

Data Link Established

Now, tap*tap`.

Open up the feeds and overlay them, let's see what they saw..

Hmm? What's this info?

Examine the data the bots experienced in their final moments, and section it off in a Read-only file.

{I really should get a coding skill from everything I've been doing}

"I'll go over this later.. For now..."

Shut down cores with the other nano-programs, and leave the Ant-program and Hub-program, as well as that Read-only file online.
Code a Firewall to seal the data from outside interference, as well as a kill switch should the wall be breached, which will immediately shut done those cores, as well as the attached nanobots.

From there, boot up the replacement cores, And code in a general computer program interface.

That done, see about how to register a Patent for my CO2 Scrubber Bell Plant. Online, process the deeds, and, done. Send a message to the local mayor's office to ask for a meeting to sell my invention.

Once done with all that, start on blueprints for Nervegear. This will use all my brilliance to create a machine that can scan, stop, send, and interpret thought as soon as the nerves send the signal. Other than having medical properties, it should prove a good gaming system for VR.

At a glance, the last moments of the spiderbots seem to invariably include a man with a pentagram on his shirt opening a briefcase.

(firewall) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 3+1 = 4] You coded up a fairly good firewall to prevent outside connections...
(kill switch) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 1+1 = 2] But you were unable to install a kill switch in time.

(patent) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 1] You successfully patent your invention, and it causes quite a stir in the scientific community.

The mayor’s office quickly sends a reply back, the gist of it being that they will be available for a meeting within the hour.

(nervegear) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 6-1 = 5] It can scan and interpret, but not stop or send. Read, but not write.

Return to refining my existing psychic powers along with those of my test partners. Lets see if we can find out any new techniques.

[1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Unfortunately, you are unable to do so with the method of conditioning available.

You receive an email from Erin regarding his discoveries on the application of psionics to magic.

Try to develop a "meta-pattern" that can be put into other pentacles to cause their contents to be summoned within a suitable container; in this context, a fuel tank.

Attempt to visualize the pentacle that I used to summon the 1-inch cube of titanium and see if my psionics magic duplication allows me to replicate that without a wand or pentacle.

Start writing up some formal research papers on my findings, so that I'll be able to let people know.

As usual, make sure to send all my findings on the cross-section of magic and psionics to Dr. Adderson.

(container) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Well, you got it to work, but it seems to consider a fuel tank suitable for everything.

(exhaustion) [1d6 = 3] Well, you can do it, but you find yourself suddenly out of breath in a way that’s never happened when you use your psychic powers before.

(writeup progress) [1d6 = 6] Research papers? Yes. Formal? Not really, considering half of the margins are taken up by added notes on the subject.

You send Dr. Adderson your information.

samuel oak will use the new poison and rattlesnake DNA to create a ekans.

Assistant 1 Will continue with the search for a caretaker for the Pokemon.

Assistant 2 will continue with the physic powers. maybe he can use internet to see if there is a scientist already working on it?

(ekans) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] In retrospect, maybe it was harder than just pouring the poison into the DNA. Of course, that wasn’t exactly what you meant to do, but the assistant startled you.

(caretaker) [1d6 = 3] The assistant still isn’t confident in any of the candidates.

(psychic) [1d6 = 6] “I’VE DONE IT!” the assistant shouts. After you shoot him a glare, he explains that a man named Dr. Adderson discovered psychic powers recently.

What’s this?
Ivysaur is evolving into Venusaur!
Ivysaur has evolved into Venusaur!

What’s this?
Graveller is evolving into Golem!
Graveller has evolved into Golem!

Run after fleeing archeologists to finish them with eldritch flames

[1d6 = 4]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) = 6+1 = 7) vs (1d6 -1(severely wounded) = 2-1 = 1)
At last, the archeologists have been destroyed. But… that’s still not all of them.

Go to the location the second rocket hit, try to see if the first rocket is around

You make it to about a mile away before you are stopped by an armed patrol squad and a barbed-wire fence. “This area is closed off to civilians in the interest of national security.”

"Things are finally starting to go Bob's way!"
Bob will make some more smoke bombs, then Bob will go into the city and buy a Beretta M9, a few spare mags, and a few boxes ammo.

(bombs) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You make several more smoke bombs. Not as good as the first ones, but they’ll do.

(gun) [1d6 = 4] Learning your lesson from the RV dealership incident, you manage to purchase a gun, some spare mags, and some ammunition without incident.

Construct the wheels myself on the assembly line myself, have the other animals to fixate themselves in making sure all the stuff in the labs are prepared and put into the semi-truck and the animals in the carrier, in which we drive to the ranch and connect the assembly and gamma ray bombarded to the ranch

(wheels) [1d6 = 2] You still can’t manage to get the bulky stuff ready.

(other stuff) [1d6 = 5] Everything else has been packed up, however.

Turn 22 end.
Turn 23 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2018, 12:40:01 am »

Go about upgrading Bastet's hardware, then check out how it's progressing in terms of self-development.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:44 am »

Redesign and re-refine the conditioning, and attempt to see if focusing psychic energies of others upon the conditioning of one person changes the result in any noticable way.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 26, 2018, 01:14:08 am »

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4)+2(6) stop digging and start moving everything into the tunnels and rooms keep digging; the remaining 14 clones continue to, carefully, explore the surrounding abandon buildings, and start taking them apart, making it look like degradation.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it.

Wow, that is one long tunnel. Where does the end of it stop at?
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2018, 04:28:02 am »

Bob will reload the gun and mags if needed, then Bob will create a chemical that can allow animals to talk, then give it to some random animals near the RV.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2018, 05:24:24 am »

Right, I am sorry, I made this rocket, can I speak to someone here?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2018, 05:46:55 am »

samuel oak will try to send a message to doctor Adderson.

"To: Dr Adderson.
Subject: Asking for help.

Greetings Dr Adderson my name is Professor Samuel Oak and like you I am a man of science.

My specialty is the alteration of genetic code with the purpose of creating new species specifically Pokemons. Recently I have found myself unable to create physic types Pokemon, and so I ask if you would contact with the purpose of negotiate for part of your research.

Thanks for your time Professor Samuel Oak."

The two assistants will try to find a caretaker or caretakers for the Pokemon.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2018, 06:37:52 am »

Spend the last bit of time finishing the Kill Switch, then go present my idea to the Mayor for a Cleaner Future. Try and get them to front the money for the patent costs, as well as the eventual employees who make the things. Let's get these things made.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2018, 08:05:03 am »

1. Ah well. I can just do new designs later when I need to contain other things. Summon the fuel in the fuel tanks and send them to Dr. Bonson.
2. Y'know what, that's fair. It's a lot more work than the other stuff. For now, let's try other, smaller things with psionics manipulation of magic, but things that I hadn't attempted yet. Say, can I cast spells the I can with the wand?
3. :/ Type this stuff into Word or a Google Doc or something to get it all straightened out and ready for publishing. And consider sending it to all of the guys I'd talked with previously for proofreading and stuff.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:26 am »

My lord, infidel defilers have been shown your wrath, why not to  let few flee to announce era of  your  glorious reign to modern world

If I fail to convince dark pharaoh about letting few archeologists escape, use recent deaths of archeologists as fuel for profane ritual to curse remaining archeologists with mummy rot( decay and mummification ) 

Also, is awakened vizier of elder god actually doing something behind the scenes like FBI does

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:36 pm »

Allam will personally research into upgrading the super-soldier serum to the super-elite serum, the genetic dose bulks up the muscles and toughens up the bones to a further degree, through the application of gamma radiation in the veins to become more stronger and tougher than before.

The animals will make sure to find a hand truck and use their superior strength to fit the assembly line and gamma ray into the semi-truck

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 28, 2018, 02:39:00 pm »

Go about upgrading Bastet's hardware, then check out how it's progressing in terms of self-development.

[1d6 = 5] Despite not knowing much about hardware, you manage to substantially improve Bastet’s platform.

Bastet seems to have finished the operating system/programming language, and is now slowly rewriting its code in the aforementioned programming language.

Redesign and re-refine the conditioning, and attempt to see if focusing psychic energies of others upon the conditioning of one person changes the result in any noticable way.

(refine) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 3+1+1 = 5] You manage to further refine the conditioning, increasing the amount of humans it works on to 99.5%.

(focus) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] Doing so seems to tilt the psychic powers of the conditioned human towards the powers of the focused. For example, if a telekinetic focused his energy, the conditioned would be more likely to be a telekinetic. The focusing also appears to noticeably increase the psychic power of the one conditioned.

You also receive an email from a “Professor Samuel Oak”. English does not appear to be the author’s first language, but you manage to get the idea that he is a bioengineer and wishes to collaborate with you to design a species with higher psychic potential than humans.

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4)+2(6) stop digging and start moving everything into the tunnels and rooms keep digging; the remaining 14 clones continue to, carefully, explore the surrounding abandon buildings, and start taking them apart, making it look like degradation.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it.

Wow, that is one long tunnel. Where does the end of it stop at?

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] One more clone is produced.

(moving) [1d6 = 6] They move literally everything into the tunnels. You suspect that you could have gotten more work done if you didn’t have to chase after your blueprints. You also remember that you kidnapped a hobo a while back for some reason.

(scavenging) [1d6 = 6] They end up getting a lot of material, but sudden changes like that tend to draw suspicion.

(design) [1d6 = 3] You think you might’ve made some progress, but compared to your previous failures it’s hard to tell whether it’s just less of a failure.

The end of it doesn’t really stop anywhere special. It’s a tunnel towards City Hall.

Bob will reload the gun and mags if needed, then Bob will create a chemical that can allow animals to talk, then give it to some random animals near the RV.

You load ammunition into the gun and magazines.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You create such a chemical, and end up giving it to several nearby birds, crows to be specific.

Right, I am sorry, I made this rocket, can I speak to someone here?

In a coordinated maneuver, they assemble into a formation around you and head towards a checkpoint in the fence, effectively forcing you to follow them. After passing through several layers of security, you are brought into a tent containing several imposing men in black suits. The one in the center speaks first. “So. What made you think it was a good idea to smash a kinetic kill vehicle onto American soil?”

samuel oak will try to send a message to doctor Adderson.

"To: Dr Adderson.
Subject: Asking for help.

Greetings Dr Adderson my name is Professor Samuel Oak and like you I am a man of science.

My specialty is the alteration of genetic code with the purpose of creating new species specifically Pokemons. Recently I have found myself unable to create physic types Pokemon, and so I ask if you would contact with the purpose of negotiate for part of your research.

Thanks for your time Professor Samuel Oak."

The two assistants will try to find a caretaker or caretakers for the Pokemon.

You find Dr. Adderson’s email address and quickly send him a message.

[1d6 = 6] They manage to hire a caretaker, at last. However, you get the feeling that a retired Animal Control officer might not take the most gentle approach.

Spend the last bit of time finishing the Kill Switch, then go present my idea to the Mayor for a Cleaner Future. Try and get them to front the money for the patent costs, as well as the eventual employees who make the things. Let's get these things made.

[1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 6-1 = 5] You successfully install the kill switch.

You drive to City Hall, but when you arrive a few minutes before the meeting is set to start, you are surprised to find it ringed with sandbags and SWAT officers. They wave you through to the mayor’s office, however. When you enter the mayor’s office, he quickly takes the lead in the conversation, offering to simply buy the patent.

1. Ah well. I can just do new designs later when I need to contain other things. Summon the fuel in the fuel tanks and send them to Dr. Bonson.
2. Y'know what, that's fair. It's a lot more work than the other stuff. For now, let's try other, smaller things with psionics manipulation of magic, but things that I hadn't attempted yet. Say, can I cast spells the I can with the wand?
3. :/ Type this stuff into Word or a Google Doc or something to get it all straightened out and ready for publishing. And consider sending it to all of the guys I'd talked with previously for proofreading and stuff.

(fuel) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 2+1+1 = 4] You summon the fuel in the fuel tanks, but quickly realize that sending it through the mail wouldn’t be the best idea. You’d have to take it over yourself.

(manipulation) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] The exhaustion flares up whenever you try to do so, forcing you to rest.

(formatting) [1d6 = 6] You manage to transfer it to a Google Doc, but then you end up playing around with the formatting options and now there’s meaningless charts and equations everywhere.

My lord, infidel defilers have been shown your wrath, why not to  let few flee to announce era of  your  glorious reign to modern world

If I fail to convince dark pharaoh about letting few archeologists escape, use recent deaths of archeologists as fuel for profane ritual to curse remaining archeologists with mummy rot( decay and mummification ) 

Also, is awakened vizier of elder god actually doing something behind the scenes like FBI does

Despite many stories, I can be stopped. How do you think I arrived here in the first place? It is imperative that no word gets out.

[1d6 +1(eldritch whims) = 5+1 = 6] The curse explodes into being, affecting every living person inside the pyramid… including you.
(1d6 +1(power) = 1+1 = 2) vs (1d6 +1(eldritch whims) = 5+1 = 6)
(1d6 +1(power) = 6+1 = 7) vs (1d6 +1(numbers) = 4+1 = 5)
(1d6 +1(power) = 5+1 = 6) vs (1d6 +1(numbers) -1(wounded) = 1+1-1 = 1)
And yet you shrug it off and even twist the power sent towards you at the remaining archeologists, utterly destroying their bodies.

Allam will personally research into upgrading the super-soldier serum to the super-elite serum, the genetic dose bulks up the muscles and toughens up the bones to a further degree, through the application of gamma radiation in the veins to become more stronger and tougher than before.

The animals will make sure to find a hand truck and use their superior strength to fit the assembly line and gamma ray into the semi-truck

(elite) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] A sense of foreboding settles over you, preventing you from getting work done.

(moving) [1d6 = 2] They make no progress, presumably for a similar reason.

And then… you hear rumbling. Rumbling like heavy traffic. Very heavy traffic. Very, very, very heavy traffic. Cars don’t usually come this way, that’s why you’re located here! But the rumbling gets closer, and closer, and closer, until it seems to be only a few meters away from your lab…

And then it settles down a bit, as if the vehicles had stopped moving. But then you hear the noise of a megaphone crackling to life, and…

“ATTENTION TERRORIST! SURRENDER PEACEFULLY AT ONCE OR WE BRING THE BUILDING DOWN ON YOUR HEAD! YOU HAVE TWENTY SECONDS!”

Turn 23 end.
Turn 24 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

A note: Shadowclaw, whatever you do for your turn should take less than 20 seconds.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42