Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing: Its dead Jim.  (Read 91054 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalist Halloween Thing
« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2019, 02:07:53 pm »

Teach the Dino's Science.

Dino Actions.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 03, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »

Spread the PSA to the mortal world.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 04, 2019, 11:24:10 pm »

BEAT UP SOME MORE PLANETS AND ABSORB THEIR POWER, I GUESS

SEE IF I CAN BECOME POWERFUL ENOUGH TO WAKE UP
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:41 am »

A large part of Canada is still on fire.
People are panicking in the big city.
Its now raining again.
Its November 1, 4:30 P.m.
Outsider didn't post so there now a NPC.
Dustan Hache didn't post so random action.

Get healing for all the injuries I've accumulated lately.
(5) You walk in to the bathroom that's connected to your office and find a first aid kit and use the Continent to heal your injures.

Now I would like to find a rhythm guitar player, and even if I don't find one, we're going to rent some space for our small, humble concert.
(Finding a rhythm guitar player = 3) You spend several minutes wandering around the crowds of people, but no one in the crowd knows how to play rhythm guitar.
(Renting a space for the concert = 2) You then spend even more time calling places to rent some space for your concert, but most of them don't answer so there's potential that their owners are dead.

Auto.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 2) They spend several minutes moving pieces around trying to figure out where they go.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 6) They rebuild some stuff but damage other stuff in the process.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 5) They rebuild a bunch of stuff.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 2) They also spend several minutes moving pieces around.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 6) They also rebuild some stuff and damage some stuff in the process.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 3) They only rebuild some small stuff.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 2) They spent most of the time moving stuff around.
(Eight bodies repairing the city = 6) They rebuild some stuff and damage some stuff.
The city's almost rebuilt, and people are still fleeing the city, then you feel something magical wash over the city.

Use god powers to make the car fly and move faster.
Spider Army will remember they are gods too and magically recycle and the trash in the lake.

(Using powers to make the car fly = 6-1 For god powers) It takes you a second to magic the the car so it can fly.
(Using powers to make the car faster = 5) Then you make the car go even faster.
(Reminding the spiders they are gods = 2+3 For being part of you) Then you send a psychic message to the spiders to remind them that their gods.
(Recycling the trash in the lake = 3+1 For godness) After some work they produce several not burnt pieces of wood, and blocks of plastic.

Have the witches and wizards turn the area into a Magical Realm. Try to persuade the guys to join up and try on a costume, and have the servants put on costumes to demonstrate. The skeletons and potato sack will continue moral support. Once all of this occurs, cast a spell to make the store fly, and declare myself the wizard king.
(Witches and wizards making area into magical realm = 3+1 For magic) After several minutes of magical stuff they make the city into a magical realm.
(Persuading the random guys to join the group = 4) After some talking you convince the the three guys to join your group.
(Getting the random guys to put on costumes = 3+1 For moral support) After some convincing and moral support they put on costumes, and when their finished they turn into a werewolf, wizard, and a skeleton.
(Have some servants put on costumes = 5) Then the rest of the servants put on costumes, so now you have some more little wizards, little witches, little skeletons, little werewolves, and a little pumpkin man.
(Skeletons and potato sack continuing moral support = 4) They wander around the store and bring moral support wherever they go.
(Casting a spell to make the store fly = 2) You spend several minutes to try to make it fly but can't for some reason.
(Becoming the Wizard king = 3+1 For moral support) With moral support from the potato sack you become the WIZARD KING.

Teach the Dino's Science.

Dino Actions.

(Teaching the dino's science = 5) It takes a bit but you teach them about the wonderful world of science.
(Mining = 2) They don't do any mining because they were busy learning about science.
(Build a park = 2+2 For tools) After a lot of work they make a beautiful park in the town.
(Try to make pipes from copper = 5) After much work they manage to make pipes from copper.
(Create a pipe line to the town so no one has to carry water any more = 3) After some measuring it turns out that they don't have enough pipes to get to the town.

Spread the PSA to the mortal world.
(2) It turns out its really hard to spread the PSA around the mortal world when your intangible, especially when you can't actually pick up a copy of the PSA.

BEAT UP SOME MORE PLANETS AND ABSORB THEIR POWER, I GUESS

SEE IF I CAN BECOME POWERFUL ENOUGH TO WAKE UP

(Getting to a different planet = 3) You try to punch your self to another planet but its still really far away.
(Are you powerful enough to wake up = 5) You finally have enough of this dream, so you punch the dream so hard you explode the layered dream and wake up, and when you awake you feel that your still have most of the power you had in the dream, you are now super powerful.

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Bring his body back to the castle and bury it.
(4) You spend several minutes dragging him back to the castle and bury him.

Quote from: Outsider The Kamen rider
Me and the lizard thing will keep helping people evacuate the ruined city.
(You helping = 3) You only help a few people out.
(Lizard thing helping = 4) The lizard finds a bunch of people to help out of the city.

Quote from: The_Two_Eternities The Captain of Halloween
Keep mining for iron ore.
(6) As they bring out some ore part of the mine collapses, no one is killed or trapped, but they lose the ore.

Quote from: Doomblade187 The King of The Dino Age
Continue to mine, build the warehouse out of wood, then I don't know make some shit out of clay or something.
(Mining = 3) They only mine out some stone.
(Build a warehouse out of wood = 5) It takes a bit but they manage to build it out of wood.
(Make some clay shit = 4) After a bit of work they manage to figure out how to make clay items and bake them.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Keep walking we need to get out of the city.
(5) After much wandering you and your friends finally make it out of the city.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: infantry platoons  X3
Quit trying to secure the area and help people evacuate.
(Evacuating = 2) They don't help anyone.
(Evacuating = 2) They don't help anyone ether.
(Evacuating = 3) They find a few people to help.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Sleep for a bit and do something else.
(Sleeping = 1) They have horrible nightmares and wake up.
(Do something else = 3) They spin a bottle around for a bit.

Quote from: People evacuating the big city
Runaway!
(Running = 6) People panic and trample some others.
(Running = 1) They all get trampled by panicking people.
(Running = 6) More people panic and trample others.
(Running = 5) They all get out of the city.

Quote from: infantry platoons X3
Help evacuate people.
(Evacuating = 5) They help them all out.
(Evacuating = 1) They cause some panic and people die.
(Evacuating = 3) They only help a few out.

Quote from: Tanks X3
Clear the evacuation route.
(Clearing = 2) They don't do anything.
(Clearing = 5) They clear a massive path out of the city.
(Clearing = 3) They only clear some stuff.

Quote from: Artillery
Aid in the evacuation.
(1) They cause some panic and the people die.

Canada stuff:
Quote from: Canadian firefighters x4
Fight the fire?
(Firefighting = 5) They put a bunch of the fire out.
(Firefighting = 3) They put out some small fires.
(Firefighting = 2) They don't do anything to the fire.
(Firefighting = 4) They also put out a bunch of the fire.

Quote from: Fire
Does the fire get worse?
(3) The fire doesn't really do anything.

Quote from: Fire killing people
Do people die in the fire?
(5) A large group of people die.

Percent of fire contained: 56%
How bad is the fire: Not that bad
Percent of Ontario on fire: 18%

Stats:
Canada population: 37,054,553
Canadian military: 70,626
Canadians killed: 129,240

US Population: 325,719,178
US military: 1,842,389
Americans killed: 31,130

Big city Population: 452,539
Displaced people: 7,062
People fleeing the city: 151,877
Big city dead: 22,983
Percent of big city destroyed: 4%

Total killed: 130,370
Total killed in the past: 23

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:14 am »

All bodies activate Magic-Interdiction Organs, causing the area to no longer be a magical realm. No magic allowed.
Keep rebuilding.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:21 am »

Drive to the magical Kingdom. Ask if I am allowed to move my lake and castle there.

Spider Army Will keep magically recycling the trash in the lake
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 05, 2019, 10:40:12 am »

Let's just play some death metal atop some building. Now that it's a magical realm, we might obtain an audience of headbanging skeletons... or even summon a meteor storm.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 05, 2019, 11:24:05 am »

Have the wizards and witches cast a spell making the Magical Realm technically it’s own Demi--plane, thus removing its restriction in the area. Also, point out that technically, such an organ is magical due to Clarke’s law, and that not only can all of this be explained as some unknown science, but it also means that by negating the thing that made such a negation possible, a paradox occurs.
Allow both the lake/castle and the party, but only if the sack of potatoes and the pumpkin can open for the latter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 05, 2019, 11:28:15 am »

Never met anyone named Clarke, but the organ works by drawing in an neutralizing magical energies, much like a water filter in a fish tank removes all the disgusting filth and slime from the water. The organ itself is entirely biological in nature and not powered by magical energies, thus does not interfere with itself.
Also get off my lawn this is my city now I claimed it and all.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 05, 2019, 01:16:02 pm »

Use my Powers to help with Dino Actions that use manual labor like digging out earth.

More Dino Actions.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 06, 2019, 11:12:50 am »

resume the search for food and non-psychopathic survivors.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 07, 2019, 12:23:20 pm »

Get some demons to spread the PSA to the mortal world for me.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 09, 2019, 11:02:36 am »

Meteors the size of Colorado are heading towards the Earth and will arrive in a six turns and kill everyone unless they get stopped.
The big city has been restored to its former glory.
The big city is no longer a magical realm.
A large part of Canada is still on fire.
People are panicking in the big city.
Its now raining again.
Its November 1, 5:00 P.m.
Enemy post didn't post so random action.
Yoink didn't post so random action.

All bodies activate Magic-Interdiction Organs, causing the area to no longer be a magical realm. No magic allowed.
Keep rebuilding.

(Activating the magic-interdiction organ = 5) All of your bodies activate their magic-interdiction organ's at the same time and the magical realm around the big city disappears.
(Repairing the city = 5) Then they finish fixing the last of the city, it now looks as if the all the bombs, missiles, and giant monster fighting never happened.

Drive to the magical Kingdom. Ask if I am allowed to move my lake and castle there.

Spider Army Will keep magically recycling the trash in the lake

(Driving to the magical kingdom/big city = 4) It takes a little bit but you finally get to the city, but after a few minutes you feel the magic in the area suddenly disappear.
(Asking if allowed to move there = 2+3 For it being allowed) You ask if you can move to the city and WyrdByrd says that you can.
(Spiders recycling = 5) The spiders pull some plastic, metal, and glass blocks out of the lake.

Let's just play some death metal atop some building. Now that it's a magical realm, we might obtain an audience of headbanging skeletons... or even summon a meteor storm.
(Getting on a building = 5) It takes a minute but you get up to the top and begin to set up your equipment, and while your setting up a sack of potatoes and a pumpkin man start dancing around and doing some gymnastic stuff, then they leave before you start your not really sure what to make of that.
(Playing some death metal = 3+2 For being a death metal dolphin) You and the band begin to play some really loud and really metal, death metal.
(Obtaining an audience = 3+1 For lots of people) When you start playing it attracts a large crowd of people.
(Obtaining an audience of skeletons = 5) They suddenly a bunch of skeletons rise from the ground and they also join the crowd and they began to headbang to the music.
(Summon a meteor storm = 4) Then you begin to sing about giant meteors slamming into the Earth and killing everyone, after you sing that you feel that there are now (How big are the meteors = 5) meteors the size of Colorado heading right towards the Earth, might not have been the best idea to summon those.

Have the wizards and witches cast a spell making the Magical Realm technically it’s own Demi--plane, thus removing its restriction in the area. Also, point out that technically, such an organ is magical due to Clarke’s law, and that not only can all of this be explained as some unknown science, but it also means that by negating the thing that made such a negation possible, a paradox occurs.
Allow both the lake/castle and the party, but only if the sack of potatoes and the pumpkin can open for the latter.

(Having wizards and witches make the magical realm it's own demi-plane = 6) They spend several minutes making the magical realm into is own demi-plane, but it doesn't prevent Egan_BW from making it disappear.
(Pointing out that the organ is magical due to Clarke's law = 3) You yell that the organ is magic due to Clarke's law, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
(Allowing the castle = 5) You magically tell ziizo that he can move his castle to the city.
(Allowing the party if the if the potatoes and pumpkin can open = 5) You then allow the party to be held and you send the potato sack and the pumpkin to do the opening act.

Use my Powers to help with Dino Actions that use manual labor like digging out earth.

More Dino Actions.

(Using powers to help with stuff = 2+3 For multiple powers) You spend the day using your powers to help the Dino's mine and dig a trench.
(Mining = 1+1+2 For structural supports and Tricmagic helping) After some work and magical help they mine out a bunch of stone and some copper.
(Making copper pipes = 1+1+2 For tools and Tricmagic helping) They also get some magical help while making pipes.
(Making clay pipes = 5) They spend some time making clay pipes.
(Create a pipe line from a river to the town = 4) After some work and magical help they finish the trench and lay the pipes allowing water to flow into a reservoir.

resume the search for food and non-psychopathic survivors.
(Searching for food = 6) You spend some time searching the ruins and eventually find a bunch of food, but on further examination most of it is ruined.
(Searching for survivors = 2) You wander around for a bit but can't find anyone.

Get some demons to spread the PSA to the mortal world for me.
(6) You look around until you find some demons that are willing to help, but it turns out that they're really slow and it takes forever for them to get any where, and by the time thirty minutes are up they just arrive in the mortal world.

Quote from: Enemy post
Write and produce some more PSAs.
(Writing = 1+1 For GM not being able to come up with anything) You try to write something but you can't think of anything.
(Producing = 4) After a bit you decide to produce some of the PSAs you have already written, it takes a bit but they get finished.

Quote from: Yoink
GO ASK WHATS BEEN GOING ON SCENE I FELL ASLEEP.
(3+1 For you being the leader) They tell you that nothing has been going on in the camp and the big city near by was attacked by giant monsters but the monster is dead now.

Quote from: Outsider The Kamen rider
Me and the lizard thing will continue to help people out of the city.
(You helping = 6) You help some people out but you also cause a panic and some people die.
(Lizard thing helping = 3) It only is able to help a few people.

Quote from: The_Two_Eternities The Captain of Halloween
Clear the collapsed portion of the mine.
(5) After much work they fix the mine and reclaim the iron ore.

Quote from: Doomblade187 The King of The Dino Age
Keep mining, and build fences around the farms, then start growing tobacco.
(Mining = 3) They only manage to get some stone this time around.
(Build a fence around the farms = 1+3 For tools and yelling) After a bit of yelling they finish the fence around the farms.
(Grow some tobacco = 3) They manage to find some tobacco but they don't have a field ready for growing it.

Quote from: Ama the werewolf
Look around for an abandoned car and steal it.
(6) You and your friends steal a Humvee when the soldiers aren't looking and drive off, but you get shot at as you drive which damages the vehicle.

NPC stuff:
Quote from: infantry platoons  X3
Quit trying to secure the area and help people evacuate.
(Evacuating = 3) They only manage to help a few people.
(Evacuating = 5) They help a bunch of people.
(Evacuating = 4) They also help a lot of people.

Quote from: Yoink's small army of volunteers
Do some random stuff.
(Stuff = 3) They sit around and get bored.
(Stuff = 6-1 For safety) They play some card games.

Quote from: People evacuating the big city
Runaway!
(Running = 6) A bunch of them escape while they panic and trample others.
(Running = 1) They get trampled by panicking people.
(Running = 4) They escape the city.
(Running = 5) They all escape.

Quote from: infantry platoons X3
Help evacuate people.
(Evacuating = 3) They only help a few people out.
(Evacuating = 1) When they aren't paying attention some one steals their Humvee.
(Evacuating = 1) They cause a panic and get people killed.

Quote from: Tanks X3
Return to base.
(Leaving = 3+1 For cleared path) They leave and return to base.
(Leaving = 6+1 For cleared path) They also leave and return to base.
(Leaving = 2+2 For cleared path) They return to base.

Quote from: Artillery
Aid in the evacuation.
(5) They help a bunch of people out of the city.

Canada stuff:
Quote from: Canadian firefighters x4
Fight the fire?
(Firefighting = 6) They put out some fire but also make it worse.
(Firefighting = 3) They put out a little of the fire.
(Firefighting = 6) They also put out some fire but make it worse.
(Firefighting = 6) They also put out some of the fire and make it worse.

Quote from: Fire
Does the fire get worse?
(3) The fire doesn't really do anything.

Quote from: Fire killing people
Do people die in the fire?
(5) A bunch of people die.

Percent of fire contained: 56%
How bad is the fire: Not that bad
Percent of Ontario on fire: 12%

Stats:
Turns until the meteors arrive: 6

Canada population: 37,054,553
Canadian military: 70,626
Canadians killed: 132,891

US Population: 325,719,178
US military: 1,842,389
Americans killed: 36,538

Big city Population: 452,539
Displaced people: 7,062
People fleeing the city: 217,195
Big city dead: 28,391
Percent of big city destroyed: 0%

Total killed: 139,429
Total killed in the past: 23

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Stuff: (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 09, 2019, 11:08:16 am »

Using the Power I had accumulated in my meditation, shift the meteors to the alternate dimension.(I:E their future, not our present/past.) Split the timelines.

Dino Actions

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 09, 2019, 11:24:10 am »

Finish the concert with a song about humanity's darkest hour, after which the humanity gets obliterated along with the planet.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47