Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490330 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3270 on: June 11, 2021, 12:40:34 am »

Once explosions get implemented, I'd like to see beached creatures occasionally explode.
This should also have a chance to happen to all corpses, especially when a dwarf is hauling it, this also causes the dwarf's stress to rise dramatically when it happens.

This should be even more likely to happen if the deceased was a noble.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 11, 2021, 01:34:30 am »

Once explosions get implemented, I'd like to see beached creatures occasionally explode.
This should also have a chance to happen to all corpses, especially when a dwarf is hauling it, this also causes the dwarf's stress to rise dramatically when it happens.

This should be even more likely to happen if the deceased was a noble.

Wait...where does it say in the article that he exploded?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3272 on: June 11, 2021, 02:42:58 am »

Wait...where does it say in the article that he exploded?

The corpse was too large for the space, and when attendants forced the body into the tomb it burst, spreading a disgusting odour throughout the church.

Exploding bodies of plump helmet men release spores that slowly create new plump helmet men in the area.

Jamotonous

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Leisure Fort Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 11, 2021, 03:02:49 am »

All ardent believers temporarily gain the powers of the sphere that the deity is associated with
Example: Believers of gods of lust will increase their pick-up line game, believers of gods of caverns can summon forgotten beasts and believers of trickery become Legendary+5 Liars

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 12, 2021, 06:40:23 pm »

All ardent believers temporarily gain the powers of the sphere that the deity is associated with
Example: Believers of gods of lust will increase their pick-up line game, believers of gods of caverns can summon forgotten beasts and believers of trickery become Legendary+5 Liars

Is it just me or is this actually a solid suggestion?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 13, 2021, 05:03:44 am »

To help with funding, add background bitcoin-mining software to the game, that runs all the time.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3276 on: June 13, 2021, 05:27:08 am »

To help with funding, add background bitcoin-mining software to the game, that runs all the time.

However, the bitcoin miner will still be embedded in the main thread and thus Dwarf Fortress will remain single-threaded and use only one CPU core.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 13, 2021, 05:48:34 am »

However, the bitcoin miner will still be embedded in the main thread and thus Dwarf Fortress will remain single-threaded and use only one CPU core.
You know what else will aid in funding, a data miner that gathers all personal info on your computer and sells it to the highest bidder.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 13, 2021, 09:04:56 am »

The second highest bidder. (That could actually earn you more, depending upon how those interested try to game the system.)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 14, 2021, 12:43:27 pm »

Quest-giving nobles give quests by emitting frequency-modulated radio signals.  Receiving quests, therefore, requires that the adventurer first acquire an fm radio (which don’t exist in the game) or make one themselves (which the game provides no way for the adventurer to do).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 14, 2021, 02:55:33 pm »

Bogeymen make radio static instead of cackling.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 14, 2021, 03:32:40 pm »

Quest-giving nobles give quests by emitting frequency-modulated radio signals.  Receiving quests, therefore, requires that the adventurer first acquire an fm radio (which don’t exist in the game) or make one themselves (which the game provides no way for the adventurer to do).

Aside notes, would radio be able to be modded in?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: June 14, 2021, 03:54:52 pm »

Only AM radio.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 14, 2021, 03:59:50 pm »

Only AM radio.

Amplitude modulated would at least be vaguely feasible (don't you need galena for a crystal radio?). Not sure about the speaker; you'd have to mod that in too.

Ninja'd.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 14, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »

[IMMOBILE] radio "creature" that "vocalizes" 'Static'
Found alone and uqbitiously throughout the world.

Someone call squamous; might be good for The Long Night, maybe?

As an aside, beware of death from being pushed too hard in the head, by a radio.

(once in an unreleased mod, i made mimic. In world it was called "Boxwood Chest" and it had 360 degree vision, and was berzerk, and would 100% murder you the second you got close to it.
It was funny hearing a peasant say "out there Boxwood Chests roam freely" or something like that.)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 402