Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486295 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5430 on: May 03, 2023, 04:28:06 am »

Toady should genetically engineer real dwarves and sell them to high-tier Patreon backers as pets. They're not easy or cheap to care for either, requiring a well-stocked alcohol cabinet at all times, and you'll need to fill your house with masterwork furniture to keep them stimulated. They may also decide to fight you over socks whenever you do a laundry.
You're also forgetting about how they make biscuits from all your pets.
They may also attempt to serve them to you afterwards, in a misguided attempt at showing deference.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 03, 2023, 04:52:47 am »

Misguided indeed. I would never accept my dwarves making biscuits from my pets. It'd surely have to be roasts!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 03, 2023, 05:01:10 am »

Ah, the good old tasty ☼cat tallow roasts☼ with masterfully minced dog tallow, masterfully minced dog tallow, finely minced cavy intestines and masterfully minced cat tallow.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 03, 2023, 08:10:39 am »

Each Elf ordered comes with a copy of “To Serve Man”.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: May 04, 2023, 01:10:23 am »

Leaving elves to watch your babies has been reported to be a terrible wonderful idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: May 04, 2023, 03:24:51 pm »

Toady should pursue a sponsorship with goblin babysitting services. Everyone knows goblins are the finest babysitters you can get.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 07, 2023, 11:26:36 am »

Expand lycanthropy so that instead of merely changing to a different creature type every month, other, random, potentially meaningless changes may occur, like temporary shifts in a dwarf's item or material preferences, or hair color, or whatnot. But still with all the fanfare & hoopla of the existing werebeast warnings.

Minkot Ashpaddles, Clothier has transformed into a wereginger!
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: May 07, 2023, 02:03:33 pm »

Every dwarf's worst nightmare is becoming a wereelf.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 07, 2023, 07:50:52 pm »

All product-generating skills should be moodable, including cooking, and cooks should go into a murderous rage when someone eats their artifact-quality plump helmet roast menacing with spikes of cabbage.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: May 07, 2023, 09:06:26 pm »

Artifact makers won't get mad if someone takes a photograph of the artifact before it's destroyed.
Even though photographs don't exist.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: May 08, 2023, 01:18:00 am »

A dwarf that has created an artifact should do everything in its power to keep others away from the artifact, including killing any dwarf that tries to touch it. They will also go as far as to kill anyone that even dares think about their artifact.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: May 08, 2023, 01:28:15 am »

A dwarf that has created an artifact should do everything in its power to keep others away from the artifact, including killing any dwarf that tries to touch it. They will also go as far as to kill anyone that even dares think about their artifact.
Dwarves should get in endless feuds whenever a dwarf creates an artifact with an image of another artifact on it.

If they create an artifact with an image of another artifact they also created, they should be enraged at themselves and immediately kill themselves.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 08, 2023, 05:57:25 am »

Artifact material requirements now include "Artifact". Causing problems if an artifact is consumed thus, and the other problems if one cannot be. (But, to 'help', mood frequency is increased to ensure a decent chance that there's always another artifact produced before a prior kood irrevocably tips over into lack-of-Artifact madness. Whether or not such overlaps are nevessary.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: May 09, 2023, 03:19:11 pm »

Expand lycanthropy so that instead of merely changing to a different creature [...]

Only the limb attacked transforms into the werebeast part that attacked it (and dependent parts,) not limited to biting.

If your arm is bit by a weremammoth, it transforms into a set of mammoth teeth. If a werebear charges you, injuring a finger, your finger transforms into a tiny (or possibly full-sized) werebear that tries to attack your other fingers.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 09, 2023, 09:07:33 pm »

Artifacts should only be created from components that are themselves artifacts.  If there are no artifacts available, the dwarf should go berserk and become super powerful and be able to kill every other dwarf in a single hit.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 399