Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 401

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 489504 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5685 on: November 20, 2023, 05:14:04 pm »

Make DF entirely headless (as in it doesn’t display anything to the user).

All gameplay must be done by echoing to stdin and reading from stderr.

...surely

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: November 20, 2023, 11:29:29 pm »

Elf blood rain should be the only kind of evil rain that gives dwarves a happy rather than unhappy thought, to the point that they'll cancel their jobs in order to run outside and dance in it.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: November 21, 2023, 04:51:02 am »

Elf blood rain should be the only kind of evil rain that gives dwarves a happy rather than unhappy thought, to the point that they'll cancel their jobs in order to run outside and dance in it.
If dwarves dance outside in the elf blood rain long enough they will eventually turn into elves themselves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: November 21, 2023, 06:50:25 am »

Every December the game has only glacier embarks available and the only crafts you can make are toys. Also, dwarves are called elves and they wear tights and pointed hats with jingly bells during this period.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: November 21, 2023, 01:22:09 pm »

They are still contractually obligated to celebrate the winter psst time of burning elves for warmth, causing them to set each other on fire.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:52 pm »

Every December the game has only glacier embarks available and the only crafts you can make are toys. Also, dwarves are called elves and they wear tights and pointed hats with jingly bells during this period.

Don't forget that the only livestock you can embark with are reindeer.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

AIArtificialIdiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: November 21, 2023, 10:19:10 pm »

Nah, too elvish

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: November 22, 2023, 03:15:42 am »

Nah, too elvish
Have you read the title of this thread?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: November 22, 2023, 08:28:07 am »

Lavish meals are replaced with elvish meals, made from sapients.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: November 23, 2023, 04:24:44 am »

If they can't find any sapients in the stock piles they will use any adjacent dwarves elves to create them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: November 23, 2023, 04:29:47 am »

A cook struck with a fell mood should bake their victim into a masterful roast instead of making an artifact from their bones.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: November 23, 2023, 02:23:45 pm »

Rename & reflavor all humans in Fort mode as Terrans, all elves as Protoss, and all goblins as Zerg.
Rename all gemstones in the game as just "minerals".
Make all things military--from making an armor stand to setting up a squad to forging a weapon--have a material cost solely in minerals and a new resource, "Vespene gas".
Do not implement Vespene gas, but mention your intention to do so, several years down the road.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: December 01, 2023, 11:53:35 am »

Fez hats.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: December 02, 2023, 01:50:28 am »

Fez hats.

Not that bad of an idea.

There’s indication that fez hats may date back to Ancient Greece (and therefore would fall before the 14th century cutoff).  Also, felt-making (and felt products) are probably something that should make it into the game.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: December 02, 2023, 02:14:59 am »

What's bad about a fez?

Fez hats.

Not that bad of an idea.

There’s indication that fez hats may date back to Ancient Greece (and therefore would fall before the 14th century cutoff).  Also, felt-making (and felt products) are probably something that should make it into the game.
This is a good idea and there for doesn't belong unless we make it bad, so I say that the felt should burst into flames the moment it's made.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 401