Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 457135 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1905 on: March 12, 2020, 03:38:19 am »

хуихуихуихуихуи Иисус помогать
first, shove the Nootropics in the glovebox (or give them to Ji if there is no glovebox). Then rehotwire the car, unscrewing up the accelerator and force activating the E-brake, normal brakes, and if it has it engine brake. If that works, lean out and pop a cap in the Telekinetic Tosser, if it doesn't bail out.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:32:13 am by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1906 on: March 12, 2020, 07:01:00 am »

"Its all gone wrong!"
Hit the brakes, pull the E brake, activate all the brakes, brace for impact, and hope I don't die.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 12, 2020, 08:21:01 am »

...If not, solve this problem the same way Wilfred solves all his problems: go prone in the center of the hallway and shoot the car...
So uh having just noticed this, does anyone else in the car want to do something about that?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 12, 2020, 11:53:17 am »

"Oh fuck I'm on the US 93!"

Get out of the way of the crazy taxi. Run/jump/dive/moonwalk, whatever gets me out of its path and into relative safety the fastest.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1909 on: March 12, 2020, 01:18:32 pm »

"Cross my heart and hope not to die,
no fade to black this time and this moment."

Bugs don't like hitting cars at high speed. This bug is gonna bug out, just in case.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 13, 2020, 12:06:06 am »

...If not, solve this problem the same way Wilfred solves all his problems: go prone in the center of the hallway and shoot the car...
So uh having just noticed this, does anyone else in the car want to do something about that?

((I edited it so that he won't shoot if you stop.  Other than that, if you don't want to be shot, yeah, keep trying to avoid accidental teamkills.  Or maybe engage in a high speed shootout!  Firing back at the gunman in recursive self defense is certain to increase your life expectancy!))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 13, 2020, 03:46:10 am »

You tell me~
Show me the person who updates that stuff after char gen and I will show you a madman.

Move completely out from the corridor where the car is going through, and try to get into a side room or alcove in my own hallway as well in case it decides to come careening down here.

While riding out the storm, ruminate on what I saw of that psychic guy and try to determine where his powers stem from. Is it occult, or perhaps implant based? Any other characteristics I could derive (especially in terms of limitations or weaknesses)?

Take a look at my scanner as well to see if it’s picking up anything.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1912 on: March 13, 2020, 03:54:19 am »

You tell me~
Show me the person who updates that stuff after char gen and I will show you a madman.
*ahem*
Physical Description: A Chihuahua-sized robotic spider. It's entirely mechanical but has a very organic design to it. The mechanics are hidden inside an smooth exoskeleton of metal painted with a matte thin rubber that hides the joints and insulates it. Essentially imagine a giant tarantula but apparently made of hard rubber, a camera instead of a head, and mechanical manipulators instead of mandibles.  It is painted a very dark grey, almost black, blending with the shadows.
*proceeds to laugh like a madman*

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1913 on: March 14, 2020, 11:53:22 am »

"Cross my heart and hope not to die,
no fade to black this time and this moment."

Bugs don't like hitting cars at high speed. This bug is gonna bug out, just in case.

[6]
You tell me~

Move completely out from the corridor where the car is going through, and try to get into a side room or alcove in my own hallway as well in case it decides to come careening down here.

While riding out the storm, ruminate on what I saw of that psychic guy and try to determine where his powers stem from. Is it occult, or perhaps implant based? Any other characteristics I could derive (especially in terms of limitations or weaknesses)?

Take a look at my scanner as well to see if it’s picking up anything.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[6][1][5]
Yagyu dives out of the hallway, walks a few feet away, then sits down and considers events. He has no earthly idea how that psychic works. If he had to guess...probably infested with magical worms. Seems the most likely. While considering this he whips out the scanner and gets readings.  Its definitely picking up some odd results. Largest one is gravity fluctuation, but also some strange EM signals that seem to be centered on that psychic. Oh and...some enhanced sub-visible post-life organism activities as well.  Maybe those organic and metallic antennae have something to do with it? Magnifying the power of the worms maybe?

Attempt to break free of the foam, carefully cut with my knife if need be and don’t cut myself in the process. If this works, get out of the way of the car so it doesn’t hit me. If I can’t get out of the foam, shoot the car’s wheels to ensure it doesn’t run me over
it seems I am stuck. I will attempt escape, failing this, I will stop the car before it kills us. Are those in the car teammates?
[6]
Tara slams the tank of her foam gun onto the hardened foam around her feet and uses it to break free, hurling herself into the hall and safety. Unfortunately, in her rush, she accidentally leaves the tank and the gun behind in the path of the car.

"Gah... fuck, my fucking head, fuck... fuck you, Derp, I'll fucking fuck your fuck until you can't--FUCK.  Argh!  Why do I hear an engine, we're in the middle of a--oh, FUCK!"

Are there any convenient doors or alcoves in this long corridor, which could be used as cover to dodge the incoming vehicle?  If so, slip into one to avoid being splattered.  If not, solve this problem the same way Wilfred solves all his problems: go prone in the center of the hallway and shoot the car.  If it fails to stop, lay down reaaal flat in hopes that it just drives over him without any low hanging bits giving him an emergency lobotomy.

EDIT: Despite Wilfred IC not having any reason to not shoot the car, since he shoots everything anyway and it actually looks exactly like a trap set up by Derp, don't shoot the car if it stops on its own.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
[2]

"Oh fuck I'm on the US 93!"

Get out of the way of the crazy taxi. Run/jump/dive/moonwalk, whatever gets me out of its path and into relative safety the fastest.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[1]
Richter decides that the best way of dealing with a stampeding car is to get in front of it, yell, and make himself look as big as possible. That way he startles it and it runs away!

"Just like a bear! Or was that a bull? Ah whatever. "

Brace for impact.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji Braces for impact by going spread eagle and wedging herself in the corner of the back seat.

Spoiler: Gabe, about to die. (click to show/hide)
Can I get out of the car? If yes, then get out of the car. If yes but risky, then stay in car and brace for impact. Same for no.
Gabe attempts to open the side door and it gets ripped from its hinges, caught in a passing doorway.  Gabe files "Getting out of the car" under "Risky", puts his seat belt on, and braces for impact.

хуихуихуихуихуи Иисус помогать
first, shove the Nootropics in the glovebox (or give them to Ji if there is no glovebox). Then rehotwire the car, unscrewing up the accelerator and force activating the E-brake, normal brakes, and if it has it engine brake. If that works, lean out and pop a cap in the Telekinetic Tosser, if it doesn't bail out.
"Its all gone wrong!"
Hit the brakes, pull the E brake, activate all the brakes, brace for impact, and hope I don't die.
Anya takes the time to stow her drugs, then tries to prevent impending vehicular homocide. [6] She cuts the ignition, pulls the handbrake, and has Burt stamp both feet down on the normal brake.  The car skids and fishtails  back and forth, bouncing between the walls until it clips an open doorway and comes to an abrupt stop, wedging itself in place. Luckily it has stopped before reacing any of the other team members, before driving over Anya's goop tank, or plowing into the two goobers still hanging out in the hall. 

glad I survived that. Boldly go help stop the psychic
”OH MY GOD THE PSYCHICS!!! wait, no one can hear me.”
Toby runs into the hall a moment later and looks around at the general chaos.
"What did I miss?"

[2,1,2,2]
[2,1,2,6 v 5]

Before anyone in the car can react, a faint red glow appears around it and it begins to move of its own accord.  It grinds free of the doorway, hovers into mid air and then, with sudden violence, slams into the ceiling hard enough to partially cave in the roof. It drifts back down a foot or two and then rockets backwards, landing on its trunk and then tumblings several times until it again wedges in the hall, this time stuck at a 70 degree angle, nose down.

Gabe tumbles out of car and then immediately stands up, miraculously unharmed. The rest of the occupants aren't so lucky. Anya is unconcious, injuries unknown, while Burt is fading in and out. He can't feel his legs and half of his vision is a useless mush of red. He tries to move but the car has partially crushed in around him, pinning him in place.  Ji, in the back, seems to have gotten the worst of it. She's still alive, or as alive as a copied conciousness can be,  but her robotic body is pulverized, nothing left of it except for the upper torso, head, and one arm. The rest is either shorn off or smashed. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Not good for the Insurance
« Reply #1914 on: March 14, 2020, 12:33:10 pm »

If it looks like the car won’t fall on it, attempt to retrieve my foam gun otherwise, try to make my way towards the psychic without getting found, and stab it in the antennae, if I can’t get to the psychic, throw my knife at the antennae, hopefully damaging them or cutting them off thinking better of attacking the pshychic, as the foam wall was still there, regardless of whether or not the foam gun is recieved, attempt to help people out of the car
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:21:42 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 14, 2020, 10:42:58 pm »

Spoiler: Gabe toots (click to show/hide)
Pull out who ever seems to need the most amount of medical attention out of the car. If still have time, keep pulling out people safely
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:48:06 am by The Canadian kitten »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:17 pm »

Go dormant, shutting down all sensors. I’ll just wait until the mission is over and somebody can retrieve the remains of my robot body.
”Leave me. As long as the car doesn’t explode, I’ll be fine. Take the tranquilizers, and the restraints from my stuff, if it’s still intact, and use it if you get the chance. I’m going dormant until they can pull me out.”
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 15, 2020, 05:35:24 am »

Try to move my seat around or anything else I can do to try to get out of the car.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 15, 2020, 09:12:39 am »

(oh dear, our best medic is Tara at d6.)
I can't really do much of anything, so uh, dream of kicking that psychic fucker in the balls I guess.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:24 am »

((Action fixed))
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 334