Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Noita  (Read 49018 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noita
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2020, 06:37:57 pm »

There should be more people talking about Noita! Wonderful, if frustrating, gameplay.

Yesterday I got to the perk room and found these waiting for me:

More blood, oil blood, or slime blood. lol

Slime blood really is the best, though, as it reduces incoming projectile damage for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2020, 05:40:30 am »

I bought this game based on the reviews here, and i must say that, for now, i'm not disapointed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2020, 07:46:20 am »

There should be more people talking about Noita! Wonderful, if frustrating, gameplay.

Yesterday I got to the perk room and found these waiting for me:

More blood, oil blood, or slime blood. lol

Slime blood really is the best, though, as it reduces incoming projectile damage for reasons that are not entirely clear to me.
Slime blood probably functions like liquid armor or somethin'. Just inside you. More cushion so you get pushed instead of punctured. It's viscous and slows stuff down, harder to shoot through than blood.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2020, 10:42:31 am »

The biggest perk to slime blood is that you are immune to the negative effects of slime stains. The biggest one being the massive slowdown effect.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2020, 07:00:09 pm »

Just learned that ambrosia isn't just damage reduction, but rather straight up immortality. So..... fill a pool up with the stuff and just stand there as you shoot a boss to death is a viable tactic?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2020, 08:10:24 pm »

For some bosses, yes.
One wheel short of a wagon

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2020, 12:28:11 am »

I tried adding a healing bolt to a trigger on collision, and am not getting healed by the reflecting bolts :(

Did they patch this out because the internet is telling me that should work.

Now it works. no idea why.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:29:42 am by Micro102 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2020, 01:07:07 am »

Just hit 1600 2400-3200 dps. Holy shit wtf.

EDIT: instantly killing the boss is fun.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:18:35 am by Micro102 »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2020, 06:34:01 am »

I once killed the boss so dead he died several times before the game started moving quickly enough again that the bodyparts could actually touch the floor.

Slime mist projectile + explodes on slimed = "Oh fuck, I killed the game"

It's been a while since I played Noita, I wonder if the "proper" loop is still as annoying and frustrating as it used to be.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2020, 07:08:37 am »

Dunno what's considered proper, heh. Do know they're apparently hunting bosses with HP totals in the millions or billions or something these days, it seems.
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2020, 01:58:00 pm »

I just mean in the sense of prepping and going through the primary dungeon in a way that allows you to manage your resources and get back out and up to the surface for more shittery with the essences, pyramid, sky dungeon etc.

I actually got pretty far up the sky dungeon one time, but it still had the memory issue at the time so the game just crashed and died miserably

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2020, 03:13:01 pm »

An extended run does involve going back up (and probably across and down and up a few more times), yeah. Watching folks go about it, it's probably less time consuming, though. New spells and perks and whatnot has stuff in them that makes getting around like that (a lot) easier.

That said, you don't need to do any of that for a straightforward zero-orb boss kill. If you want to just go straight down and kill a foo you're more than able.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:14:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2020, 03:58:03 pm »

I find it hard to believe that you can just go straight down and kill the main boss. I've only ever killed it once while overpowered but my mind goes to the boss that appears at the bridge when you grab that orb to the right in the first level. That thing has a ton of health and instant kill projectiles. If the final boss is anything like that then you best hope you can find a crazy combination of spells and a good enough wand to use that combination.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:57 pm »

The final boss is somewhat dependent on what you do during the run. If you rush straight down to it, no deviations from the straight down path, its very weak. The boss to the right is deliberately absurd from what I understand. In terms of final boss health, you need to go well out of your way to max out the bosss health and if you've gone that far out of your way you should have access to the resources to still kill it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2020, 06:08:22 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. I've killed and seen the bottom boss killed with pretty lackluster wands/perk combos before. So long as you avoid the orbs, it's a tough fight but not super deadly or anything. Manageable with one set of perks and an okay wand. A good wand basically deletes it if it isn't orb boosted, heh.

Now, 11 or 30+ orb boss and you're going to need (or at least very, very want) the big guns, and probably several perk collecting runs. Takes forever otherwise, heh, and it's not like the thing's a complete pushover regardless so long as you don't insta-pop it.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20