Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39183 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2019, 02:38:48 am »

((Ugh, computer issues right as this started. I should be back now though. Also, I'm assuming Theodore washed his whiskers at some point in the last six months so I removed the Pollen on whiskers wound. If only I had remembered to actually submit my action over the timeskip, I could solve Timmy's balance problem easily.))

Theodore reaches for Timmy in an attempt to stop his fall, but will not do so if it would jeopardize his own balance on the slippery hill. After all, Timmy would probably be fine after rolling down the hill, but Theo wouldn't. If he could not stop Timmy's tumble, Theodore will carefully follow him down the slope.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2019, 08:44:10 am »

Blimp -> Thetford Forest
”DO NOT INITIATE CONFLICT. THIS UNIT GOT LOST ON ITS WAY HERE. THIS UNIT IS A ALLY TO ALL UPLOXED, WANTED TO HELP WITH THE WOLF MISSION.

Get back on my biped form, and negotiate with the the other Eye of Gaia Uploxed that I accidentally teleported into the Blimp looking for the Eye of Gaia’s base for their mission. Switch my mechanical arm into the rotary gun and start spinning it up menacingly, in case combat happens.
[Jägermörder rolled 3+2+2empathy+0eyes=7]
The situation is tense for a moment, but the laser pointer is lowered. "Well," the Cranefly says smoothly, "in that case thanks for dropping in."

At that moment, the blimp starts to veer dangerously to the side as more helium is vented. Above them, a huge spiderbot crawls over the outer-chassis and squirts the hole with some gooey substance. The spider hisses, "That should do it but we need to land..."

The blimp drifts down towards Thetford forest and lands deep in the ancient woods.

"Helium is hard to come by," the Cranefly treacles. "You best be worth it."

The Cranefly opens up a Nexus connexion, and in digital space Jager finds himself in an overlay map of the immediate forest area. The Cranefly's avatar is a man painted green like a striped snake, above his head is the name Natrix. The Spider's avatar is floating set of eyes named Araneus.

Jager is assigned to patrol the area around the blimp while Natrix and Araneus busy themselves with the wolves.

In the woods, he hears a crack and crash of branches... it's a cyberbeast from the GML! One he recognises as DATABOI. Everyone in the Hunter Guild scene knows about DATABOI as 6 months ago he managed to destroy the most expensive and powerful cyberbeast morph in the local scene: a cyber-rhino body. DATABOI denies it, but Jesterly of the Legend guild takes the credit.

He lumbers by in the form of a lowly cyberbadger. His exoskeleton extends many feet on from every limb, putting him almost at the size of a small bear. He has a huge sack slung over his back. Instead of a head, he has a videocamera, and on top of this videocamera is mounted a machine pistol (which only shows how desperate DATABOI has become, guns being considered highly unsporting by the GML). He hasn't seen Jager yet.

Keep -> Bungay Road
Darrin takes the Keep Caravan Guard quest.
Theodore reaches for Timmy in an attempt to stop his fall, but will not do so if it would jeopardize his own balance on the slippery hill. After all, Timmy would probably be fine after rolling down the hill, but Theo wouldn't. If he could not stop Timmy's tumble, Theodore will carefully follow him down the slope.
[Theodore rolls 6+5+0body=11]

Darrin hooks up with the next caravan heading south. This is a flatbed truck being driven by Blakely of the keep. A slim man in a thick padded jacket with well=patched jeans. Darrin sits in the back and scans the horizon for Land Pirates. As he travels, the weather worsens significantly. Sleet falls heavily and visibility is poor. The truck suddenly slams on the brakes and swerves to a stop.

At the top of a hill not far from Bungay, Theodore quickly grabs his friend, saving Timmy from tumbling. "Phew," that was close, says Timmy. A moment later a flatbead truck swerves a few inches away from where Timmy is standing.

From the window, the driver leans out. "Ar yer orrite bor? We offa south to Bungay, fancy a lift?"

(Also, it occurs to me that it may make sense for both the caravan source and target factions to get the “+1 rep if below 1” thing for this kind of mission.)
Good suggestion for future quests of this kind.

Watton
"I heard you are able to receive direct signals from the satellites without the need for towers. How are you able to do so?”
[Sandra rolled 1+2+1empathy=4]
The music scratches to a halt and Killazilla stops mid-pose. "So you just want my trade secrets and not my skills? Well I've got a price Sandy. Three Kudos and I'll kill the truth- I mean- tell the truth about my powers."

Sandra considers whether it's best to give up, go away and save up kudos, or do something more drastic while she has Killazilla within her grasp...

Asking the Assassin has been completed. (Feel free to form a new personal goal to start Part 2 of this quest.)

Sandra gains +2 tallies.

Dereham outskirts
P4, while surprised, was not going to back down. He lets his morph’s instincts guide him as he tries to evade and counterattack.
[P4 rolled 3+5+2body-1shaken=9]
[P4 rolled 1+6+2body-1shaken-1unbalanced=7]
P4 dives between Yuuki's legs, flipping her over him. She lands hard on the ground. Kateryna hits him hard with the plank, knocking him off balance. P4 turns his mighty jaws on Keiko. She tries to bash him again with her wrench but her hand is caught in P4's jaws and she loses two fingers! Screaming, the hungry schoolgirl squeezes her bleeding hand close to her chest with her long tail, and backs off with speed.

"Taikyaku!" she cries.

"Sertsevyna!" Kateryna barks back, smashing her plank down on P4's face, cracking one of his camera eye lenses. Yuuki, her crocodile head weighing her down, slowly begins climbing to her feet again.

P4 gains conditions: unbalanced, cracked lens.

Auze
Calm down, then lie on back and float on the quickmud. Slowly back-paddle back to sturdier ground, remembering the guide given by the ancient classic known as “Mythbusters”.
[Auze rolled 5+3+2wits-1mud=9]
Auze uses his head and keeps cool, lying back and backpaddles to solid ground. He breathes a sigh of relief and stands up, when a Tortle lands on his back, intent on riding him like a horse.

The solid green form digs into his back. There's a second tortle, squat and yellowish cheering from the branches of a nearby willow tree. Wallowing in the mud he just escaped from, a third tortle with a red shell, looks on with indifference. A fourth and fifth tortle, one cerulean, the other magnolia, hold a long vine before them: it's clear they're intent on having their friend trip Auze.

Auze is out of the mud but gains condition: being ridden.

Paradise Solutions
Accept the new quest in my first slot.
Sandeep starts the quest:

1 - Attacking the Nexus - Part 2 - Power
Sandeep has found a hard drive of research on Nexus... but he needs electricity to run a computer. That would mean approaching one of the hubs of civilisation...
Reward: x2 tallies

Check for any kind of portable computer compatable with the hard drive before leaving.  Finding power might be a seperate thing to finding a computer.
[Sandeep rolled 3+2+2wits=7]
Sandeep finds an old laptop in a draw, complete with a cable. He only hopes it doesn't have a password protecting it.

Sandeep gains a laptop.

Begin the mission in slot #3 next, the one about acquiring razorwire.
Sandeep begins the long walk to Lowestoft. He leaves this city and begins the long walk through the countryside. The weather is poor and the journey is long. He keeps to the backroads to avoid attention, but attention finds him. Nine terraterror drones swarm in the sky, and begin following him.

"THE INTREPID VILLAIN STRIDES EVER SOUTHEAST IN WIND AND RAIN!" One of them announces. "TOWARDS THE COAST BUT TO WHAT END? AND WHO MIGHT FIND HIM THERE?"

Sandeep considers whether to ignore the drones and keep walking or try to lose them somehow.

Empire Forge
"I need some kind of light to search this gloomy ass place safely."
Break into the house near the work shop and look for a torch or a lantern and anything else that might be good.
[Burt rolled 4+2+2wits=8]
Burt pokes around the gloomy farmhouse. It's dusty and there's a rotten stench in the air. The house is mostly empty, but in the kitchen, in the back of a drawer, he finds a candle and a box of matches. Looting around, he finds a bread knife and yo-yo. He spots something in the dim corner of the kitchen. Lying across the table is a small desiccated corpse. Burt is shocked, of course, but he's seen bodies before. No, something new comes up in throat. A lump of cold sorrow at the senseless death that hangs over this whole land. He walks out into the yard again and looks at the decrepit workshop. Time to do this.

Burt gains candle, 12 matches, a bread knife, a yo-yo.
Burt gains condition: sorrowful

Scole
First, see if I can reach the branch the bear's on to pull it closer and grab hold of him.
Failing that, tie my lash around my waist so that it (ideally) still has a bit of length hanging loose and try climbing the tree - but, rather than climbing out onto the same flimsy branch he's on, I'll see if I can reach him from above. If not, lower my lash down for him to grab hold of, before swinging him to shore.

[Ben rolled 1+2+2body=5]
[Ben rolled 4+3+2body-1upsidedown+1lash=9]
The branch being too high to reach, Ben climbs up the tree above the bear. He manages to get in place but then his hands slip. He ends up upside down, dangling by his legs. He lash hangs low and the bear grasps it tightly and swings on it. It lands softly on the bank.

"Thank you vewy much!" it says. "They're coming and I gotta go hide now. Wemember, wealth beyond measure!"

The teddy bear runs into the nearby town hall building out of sight, leaving Ben hanging upside down. The engine sounds rev up some more, and from across the river he sees a woman on a motorbike dressed in dark black leathers, white scars criss-crossing the dark skin of her face. She peers over at him.

"Who the hell are you?" she shouts. "Have you seen a bear?"

Ben gains condition: upside down.

Road near Spooner Row

He wouldn't be able to outrun the thieves while they had a vehicle, and a direct assault would likely end badly, but if he was close enough to the vehicle he would have initiative...
[Isaac rolled 6+1+3wits+1spy=11]
[Isaac rolled 6+4+1body+1stunrod=12]
[Isaac rolled 6+5-2empathy+1syringe+0mob=10]
With cunning subterfuge, Isaac takes off his jacked and approaches the man with the chrome yellow syringe concealed. As he passes the jacket over he jabs the man and injects the whole syringe into him. Huge fangs grow out from the man's mouth and a great frilly red crest bursts from his neck. He screams in horror and Isaac uses the moment of surprise to get a hit in on Darlene. He jabs her with the stun rod and she shakes and shudders and collapses into the bed of the truck.

"Oh, I can tell you how this works. If you want any chance of getting the antidote, you'll do what I say," says Isaac. Darlene is unconscious, the thug is gibbering in horror at his body changing, but the driver is listening.

"Look, anything bud, I'm all ears. (Oh god. Don't make me all ears.) We're sorry for messing with you. What we can do? We want Gerry back to normal."

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

Please see below for new Legend, Eyes and Mob quests.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:36:23 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I heard you are able to receive direct signals from the satellites without the need for towers. How are you able to do so?”
[/quote]
Start Part 2, "I will get kudos for you" Use the Nexus to look up how to get kudos

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Start Part 2, "I will get kudos for you" Use the Nexus to look up how to get kudos
Sandra gains new personal quest:
Help Tas escape the Church - Part 1 - Kudos for a Killer
Killazilla wants 3 kudos, but Sandra is pretty clueless about how the uploxed economy works. Still if she can get the Kudos, she can learn how to get into the Dead Zone...
Reward: 5 tallies.

[Sandra rolled 6+1+1connexion=8]
In nexus there is no scarcity so no need for a true currency. However, for favours and for things interacting with the finite resources of the analog world there is Kudos. There are no really good options for getting it without some cost. She could sell off some of her muscle memories [+2 distance for +1 kudos, up to 9 distance] or rent her mindpower for a month [-1wits for +1 kudos, up to -3 wits]. She gets an offer from a tourist who says she can sell off various parts of her morph to the tourist in Watton [-1 body for 1 kudos, up to -1 body]. Beyond that, just doing jobs for the Uploxed seems the only clear way to get the Kudos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2019, 10:52:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Head towards Dereham
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:55:19 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2019, 12:14:43 pm »

with two of the three distracted, now seemed like the best time to run.  P4 would definitely have to do maintenance after this, but he needed to attend the meeting, and could not afford to delay any longer.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2019, 12:16:01 pm »

(I don’t have anything I specifically need to do right now.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2019, 04:49:30 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

THREAT ASSESSED AND SHALL BE TERMINATED”

Jäger shall gets its sniper rifle out, look for a decent position on which it can land a shot and be away from the visionary range of the cyber badger, land a hunting shot to the video-camera head by aiming the scope, pull the trigger, the rifle is semiauto so if the badger keeps trying to move, pull consecutive shots center mass
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:01:39 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2019, 05:05:42 pm »

Issac gets in the car and instructs the driver to start driving towards Watton. Issac then moves to confiscate the flamethrower. Then moves to put the jacket back on.

Issac then says "And if you have any food, bring it to Gerry here."

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2019, 05:10:12 pm »

Pull out the Tortleing gun, and give a look to the tortles trying to trip me saying "very funny, there is something more important to do". Pet the tortle riding me, and try to coax the other Tortles to coming with me back to the shack.

Mark down the area as "Tortle Swamp"

Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:16:30 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:37 pm »

"Who the hell are you," Ben counters, doing his best to look casual as he hangs there so ridiculously - but not so casual as to fall into the stream.
"Ahm trying ta sleep. An' what the hell's a 'bear', anyhow?"   

Counter her question with questions of my own! If she doesn't seem like she's about to immediately attack in response, try to carefully pull myself back up onto a branch. If that seems too risky, just hang out for now. Try to act cool. There's nothing strange going on here, nope...       

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2019, 11:29:45 pm »

Theodore smiles despite the sleet at this good fortune. "A lift sounds fantastic. We were heading that way too. Come on, Timmy. Better than falling down a hill." With that said, he hops on the back of the truck.

Who said there was no such thing as a free ride? To Bungay! By truck!

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2019, 11:35:55 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
Darrin gives a nod in greeting to the new passenger, and waves his left - burning - hand.
"You're a mutant too, eh, with all those whiskers? Are you with the Londoners? I haven't seen you with the other Walt members before."
(You may notice that he is wearing a Walt Labs labcoat.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:50:15 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2019, 04:22:27 am »

(Am I both tired and sorrowful or has sorrowful replaced tired?)

"A candle's better than nothing, still don't get used to seeing dead people, especially dead kids."
Start looking around the outside of the workshop and pushing on the walls to see how stable the structure is, then make sure my gun is loaded and see how many bullets are in the box I have.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2019, 07:46:38 am »

(If sorrowful replaced tired you would get
Lost status: Tired
Gained status: Sorrowful

As it stands, you have gained status Sorrowful without losing Tired, so you are both Tired and Dotrowful)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27