Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39186 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

While folk are waiting for the next update, feel free to sign up to my procedurally generated mafia game.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend a few minutes to scrounge around for jump boot fuel. Whether we find any or not, get on the road again to Cromer!

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2019, 04:02:40 pm »

Go look for the Keep’s forward general out in the field. On the way there, look out for any useful junk... or tortles. Spend 5 tallies on increasing wits.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Laxfield Labyrinth
Darrin stands his ground right up until the projectiles are inches from his feet, and then-
"Alright, we'll go in! But first, I have some questions!"
Let's see about asking about why the hell it seems like any and all Uploxed entertainment seems to resolve around killing humans - especially considering that they're (supposedly) human, too.
[Darrin rolled 3+1+1empathy+0terra=5]
Darrin shouts his question at the drone but if they can hear him over their barrage of pellets, they don't reply. The mutant scouting party are driven through the arch by the projectiles. As the last of them pass the threshold, a lack iron gate slams down in the arch, locking the six of them in the labyrinth.

They look around and see metal sheet walls tower up around them, perhaps twenty feet high, open to the sky and looming inwards, the top ringed with razorwire. There are cameras embedded high in the corners of the room. They're on the north edge of the labyrinth, and three passages twist off: south, east, and west. Towards the south there's the sound of slicing blades; to the east, it sounds like a bubbling broth; to the west it smells distinctly of rabbit flesh.

"We could just melt our way to the centre," says Doc Stone.

Chloe Fontaine throws up her hands, "Woah, no way. You have no control over it at short range. Doctor Amoretto nearly died last time."

Gavel beams a holographic hammer from his eyes at the walls. His lips move wordless as he does some sums. At last he says, "We're in the dead centre of north side," he croaks. "From what I saw of the walls from the hill top, each passage section is about the same size. We're in a 9-9 grid. The tower will be in the centre."

"We should head south straight to the tower then," says Balthazar.

Big Ben looks over at the scientist. "What do you think Darrin?"

Spoiler: Labyrinth (click to show/hide)

Watton
”Now I need to find this damn Murdock, he better be willing if he cares for the rest of the years in his life”

Ask around town for this Murdok is and where he is located at with Jager’s efficient negotiation and streetwise skills as well as going to talk to the individual, for [Part 1 - Quantum Interpretation]
[Jager rolled 6+2+3empathy=11]
Tartazine vapor condenses on Jager's shell as he climbs into Murdok's second-storey hovel. A few pointed questions to the residents led him to this chrome hole. Murdok, a hunched over man with a wispy moustache wearing a shabby brown suit, is tinkering at some impossibly complicated array of electronics on a scratched metal desk, while puffing steam from a squat glowing pipe. All around him are piles of bizarre mechanisms, wires dangle from the tin roof, fans and chipboards clutter shelves. Everything is lit by three intense white lamps that cast everything in the hovel in sharp relief.

Murdok barely looks up, mumbling, "Whaddayawant?"

”Thanks for the drop off, now I’m going to go off in my way. Good luck with you.”

Karen sees the environment of the Watton, clearly a main hub where both Uploxed, human, and possibly mutants have a equal chance of opportunity for trading and talking with each other, a town of peace and sees this as a interesting place to gather stories for the Legends
Utilizing my profession as a journalist for experience try to collect stories, gossip, and contemporary news from Watton, preferably the yellow dinosaur and the squat television drone, as well as other passersby in the town
[Karen rolled 6+3+1empathy+1journalist=11]

Karen takes some time to walk around the town and get a feel for the place and its residents. There is a lot of industry involved in keeping morphs operational as they explore this important frontier land. She approaches the assassin dinobot and the tourist drone whose voxelated face appears on its mobile television body.

"My name is Killazilla, I ain't never vanilla... for just three kudos I'll be your guerrilla!" the dinobot raps at her while jerking in a vague semblance of human dance.

"Don't mind KZ here," says the avatar on the television, "He's just an assassin for hire. I can see you've been asking questions about town. You wonder why its so busy here? Why Terraterror are buying up every bit of weapon and weird scrap and tinpot warbot going."

"I'll be signing up myself after my Eyes of Gaia mark comes back with some kudos for me," says Killazilla.

"Don't ask us what for, nobody knows and nobody has reported back yet whose gone with them."

Karen gains +1 tally for learning Watton Gossip

Norfolk Broads -> Keep -> Spooner Row
Go look for the Keep’s forward general out in the field.
[Auze rolled 1+1+2wits=4]
Auze travels with his brother and father back to the keep. As they get acquainted with the locals, Auze finds out where the Forward General, Dell, has headed to. Somewhere called Spooner Row. "Watch out for the land pirates," says Carol before he leaves.

Just along the main road southwest, you can't miss it. So Auze starts walking out that way. He walks until its dark and eventually he sees in the moonlight a faded sign: SPOONER ROW. He walks into a dark encampment: a circle of vehicles around a bright fire.

He hears a number of shouts about him and soon armed men and women run near him in the dark about a huge multi-trailer truck. Auze suddenly realises with dread that these people aren't from the Keep. They're the pirates he was warned about and any second now they're going to realise he's not one of them.

Inside the big truck he hears a single gun shot ring out...

Spooner Row
The moment the gun barrel breached his mouth his jaw clamped down on it in a firm grip and he pushed into the Slavic woman, trying to rip the gun from her hands with a swift flick of his head. He prayed that it wouldn’t be loaded or that if it was, the motion of his pull didn’t cause her finger to depress the trigger.

Meanwhile, his speakers blared out two words during what might be the last two seconds of his morph’s life:
”OHSASAFRAS”
[P4 rolled 5+6+2body-1guninmouth=12]
P4 wrenches the gun into Marie. It goes off, blasting away his right cheek, exposing the steel-reinforced jaw. The dead skin hang in tatters about his face, and the bullet goes straight through the wall of the trailer. Marie stumbles backwards, dropping the gun to clang on the ground.

"Help!" she shouts. Her goons were undoubtedly already on the way, but P4 has time to act. From here he can see through the living compartment and out to the cab of the truck and the glass beyond. Each section of the long truck is separated by a door, currently open. There's a glowing low fire in the forge next to him.

Look for a nearby hill I can climb on to watch the Cloud Seder and Spooner Row from above
[Sandra rolled 6+1+2wits=9]
Sandra climbs over to the next hill along and watches the Cloud Seeder and the encampment below. The clouds begin to close around. She hears shouts from below and the bang of gun going off. From down the hill, she sees four people, all armed, moving through the woods in her direction...

Bungay
Hop on up to get a better view of the convoy,   then invite Alison to sign on as a partner in the merchant industry.  It's so rare to find someone  who knows the value of an economy. If she accepts, give her directions to the Esso shop, and have the offshoot work on the welcome mat. After that, head on down to Sudbury to [Restart the Business].
[Ed rolled 4+6+2empathy+1trader=13]
"Nah yeah, you what mate, I think I might take you up on that," Alison says. "If I stick around they're just going to rope me into getting meself killed. If I can earn a bit of cash or bottle caps or whatever shit you trade now, maybe I can pay someone to get me off this bloody island."

She goes off to pack her things to make the trip to the Esso shop, where Ed's other body is making things look a lot more welcoming. With her under his wing, he can really begin to show these popsicles what it means to be weird.

With that achieved, Ed avoids the recently arrived convoy and travels on towards Sudbury. The first part of the journey is in the same direction as his base, so he walks along with Alison.

"Am I gonna end up all twisted like all of you? I don't even know if I was mutated. I don't feel any different. I was talking to Ben the mechanic and all his mutations are non-physical... so maybe it's like that," she chats away, slowly opening up to Ed. The pair of them split ways some way past Scole.

The rest of the journey takes a good while, but after sleeping upside down from an elder tree in a new growth forest in the middle of nowhere, Ed begins a new morning walking the rest of the way to Sudbury. By this time, he sees with his other body that Alison has arrived at the garage and is resting up after her long trek.

Finally, Ed sees the abandoned town of Sudbury sinking into the overflowing river valley. He mentally splits up the town into different segments for exploration. There won't be time enough to loot all of it, and there may be any number of dangers below, so he considers where to search for tradable goods first:

Spoiler: Grid Map of Sudbury (click to show/hide)

Educate the popsicles is complete. Ed gains +2 tallies.

Ipswich
Get the five minute summary as to what the kid is from her.  Search her baggage to see what she's carrying and confiscate (temporarily) any weapons.

Try to ferret out if she's a hostile or being used as one.  If so, keep any weapons and leave the area, looking out for more unfriendlies.  If not, return any weapons and let her roll Empathy to see if she convinces me to take her along.  Give her a +1 bonus if she has any skills or equipment relevant to my goals or surviving independently.

In either course, lets get heading back home.
[Sandeep rolled 6+6+2wits=14]
[Sandeep rolled 5+4+1empathy=10]
[Tas rolled 1+3+0empathy+1foraging=4]
[Sandeep rolled 3+3+2wits=8]
Sandeep quickly rifles through the child's belongings but doesn't find any weapons on her other than a simple carving knife and a small trowel. He gives them back to her as he grills her as to her purpose and whether she has any survival skills.

"I- I can forage, I know what berries and mushrooms can be et," says the girl.

Up close he can see the child is scrawny and could slow him down. Worse, he hears the shouts of voices calling. "Tas! Come back here Tas!" There's a whole manhunt after her. That's the last kind of attention he needs. So Sandeep turns his back and heads to his boat. Seeing he's not going to help her, the child reluctantly heads back towards the centre.

Sandeep carefully navigates his boat back down the river Orwell and out along the sea. It's hard going, sailing in the dark and Sandeep is forced to take things very slowly and carefully to avoid being caught adrift on the mudflats again. Eventually, he arrives at a stretch of river near his den in the broads. It's still night time and his boat has run out power... it'll have to wait until morning to recharge the solar panels. Still, when that happens, he has his radio ready to start broadcasting!

Radio Free Wasteland is complete. Sandeep gains +1 tally.

Watton -> Somewhere outside Kings Lynn
Leave Watton and start heading for Castle Rising.
Burt drives north towards Castle Rising. Somewhere outside the abandoned town of Kings Lynn, the road is suddenly covered in thick black smoke that obscures all passage. The roads are difficult enough to drive on with so many fallen logs and overgrown segments.

"This a trap or someone's bonfire get out of hand?" says Rovin.

Dedham Vale
Ben's all-too-brief grin of triumph quickly twists into a grimace as his compatriot topples into the truck's path.

"Hang on!", he shouts to them, adjusting his grip on the lash before throwing his weight back from the road in a desperate attempt to yank them out of the danger zone.

Quickly shout at the other pirate to hold on tight!

Tighten my grip on the lash, possibly wrapping it around a forearm or something, then lunge backwards, using all my strength - as well as my bodyweight, gravity and momentum - to pull them to safety before the truck can reach them.
[Ben rolled 5+6+2body+1lash+1fighter=15!]
The other pirate grabs on tight as Ben ably hefts him out of the way of the oncoming truck. The truck blares past and, followed by the motorbike. From the woods the pirate's own ambush convoy starts up, raring out of the woods on a flatbed trucks and two motorbikes. The pickup swings by and Ben's pirate companion climbs up and leans over to give Ben a hand up.

"Let's get 'em matey!"

Ben is hauled up on to the back of the pickup and it speeds off after the truck at high speed. As the big truck slows in the twisty forest roads, the flatbed pulls alongside its cab. They can see two men inside, one levels a shotgun out of the window in their direction. He's only a few away from where Ben clings in the back of the truck.

Airport
Spend a few minutes to scrounge around for jump boot fuel. Whether we find any or not, get on the road again to Cromer!
There's no fuel around so they head on their way to Cromer. The long straight road is quiet and only partly waterlogged. Eventually Timmy and Theodore arrive in another overgrown town. They follow a battered path towards the zoo where Walt Labs have their base. They pull up their warp-engine vehicle in the weed-strewn carpack of the zoo. The compound beyond is double-fenced, barb-wired and has a moat where crocodiles and hippos lull. There's a guardhouse on the edge. A woman with elephantine ears watches them from the booth as they start walking towards her.

"So what's the plan here?" Timmy whispers to his old friend.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Running in the dark
« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2019, 11:51:41 am »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

“Damnit... ok.
I think mechanical dangers will likely be some of the easiest stuff for us to deal with, so yes, we go south. I don’t know about all of your powers, but I can probably at least somewhat disable moving parts with sonic booms and keratin spikes, and if I can get close, I can dismantle them, and I have the experience with these types of things to have a good idea of how to do that all properly. Let’s do this carefully.
Now, we’re all in this together, so I want openness. What can each of you contribute? Because right now, we live together, or we die together.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Roll into a ball towards the 4 humans aiming to crush them or scare them away
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:18:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 29, 2019, 05:00:58 pm »

Maybe I should have taken the kid.  I don't like the church any better, and they probably would have done their freaky robot brain thing on her.

..yeah, but she wouldn't have been any safer with me.

..I could have just let her go somewhere up the coast.

..Where she could have been attacked by the killer robots.

..I could have dropped her off at the keep or something.  They might have sent her to be mutated or drafted her into their war, but..

...sigh.  I need to fix things enough so that these choices don't have to be made.

Not much to do except wait for morning, then.  Although priority would be on mission #1, investigating that laptop first.  I can broadcast after I have a power source I own, so I can do so reliably.  If nothing occurs, investigate that hard drive tomorrow.

Fill slot #2 with whatever the next goal will be for the broadcast one, so probably 'acquire some kind of power source.'  I'd be happy getting it from the churce or the eye of gaia, as I haven't stolen from either of them in a while.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:18:04 pm by Devastator »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #292 on: December 29, 2019, 05:22:54 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Now Murdok I need a human engineer to improve my teleportation technology that is built into my morph, I learned from the Nexus that your the man that can do that. If you value the rest of your life spent on tinkering, I recommend helping me.

Coerce Murdok into helping Jager by improving his shadow-step technology and figuring out how you would do that

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, Timmy, I reckon they ought to be at least somewhat civilized. Maybe one of them will be a fan, if you did happen to find my books in their Norwich facility." Theodore said with a smile.

"Hello there! My name is Theodore Ansen, and this is my friend Timmy. This is the Walt Labs base, yes? I was hoping to have a word with some of your scientists, or someone in charge if it isn't any trouble. Or whoever I need to talk to to get to talk to one of those people." He offered an introduction as he approached the gate person.

I refuse to give up hope that I can't get through a social encounter without lying. But if that fails, lie my way in to where I need to be. This is just like the myriad scenes in
my Bosley Starshift anthology, which featured an interstellar spy who routinely lied his way into various high-stakes poker games, restricted access bases, and that bar with the galaxy's best Nebula Martini from which he had been banned in previous novels.

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 29, 2019, 10:50:54 pm »

Clarification: have they noticed me or are they still distracted away? Should probably know, for my plan on what to do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:53:50 pm by auzewasright »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2019, 04:51:31 am »

Clarification: have they noticed me or are they still distracted away? Should probably know, for my plan on what to do.
Still distracted for now, though that won't last long.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:23:51 am by notquitethere »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2019, 05:06:28 am »

Start on C4, keeping two eyes open.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2019, 06:55:11 am »

"Ether way we're probably better off avoiding it."
Turn the RV around and drive out of the smoke, then find a different route to Castle Rising.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2019, 11:43:30 am »

”Now Mr. Killazilla and television morph, may I request some information about any passing or staying Tourist Uploxeds?, it’s of the interest to the Legends and your help would be greatly appreciated”.

Ask the yellow dinosaur and squat television Uploxed about any news for residing Tourist Morphs that reside within Watton, and ask around people around town for information about if any live here.

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2019, 12:49:06 pm »

Back away from this mess while they are still distracted. While attempting that: Jorge, walk into the  outer areas away form me, give out a Tortle call, and climb up a tree. The sound should shatter their psyche just long enough to get away.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27