Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421459 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: SARS Harder
« Reply #645 on: March 09, 2020, 05:57:37 pm »

Dammit Mario, you've bought the plague to the Mushroom Kingdom!
a spin-off of a Mario game where you play as a character to get rid of the plague Mario unknowing.y brought to the Mushroom Kingdom sounds fun. A likely candidate for the player character might be Dr. E. Gadd
I mean, that obviously seems like a prompt for a shovel knight crossover starring Plague Knight.

Alternatively a darkest dungeon one with the plague doctor. In any case you need the beak if you're going to be doing that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 09, 2020, 06:11:49 pm »

Hmmm, thinking about this 3 phase protocol for a while, it might be a good idea for me to try and get corona ASAP and infect as many of my good friends and relatives fast as possible, while there are still good hospital spots available.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:16:44 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 09, 2020, 06:22:04 pm »

2-5 week all expenses paid* vacation at the hospital, but spaces are going fast!
Meet new people! A real breathtaking experience!
Call now!
1-800-COVID19
*offer not valid in the United States
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 09, 2020, 06:22:11 pm »

Hmmm, thinking about this 3 phase protocol for a while, it might be a good idea for me to try and get corona ASAP and infect as many of my good friends and relatives fast as possible, while there are still good hospital spots available.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm onto you, Rick.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 09, 2020, 07:36:20 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm onto you, Rick.
question, how does this spare the economy? It makes no sense to me

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 09, 2020, 07:48:51 pm »

My school has suspended all in-person class meetings.  Exams will be offered in an online format, and students are being encouraged to go home, though the dorms will stay open for those that can't.

I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of this as the spread of the virus gets closer to being a pandemic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 09, 2020, 08:03:51 pm »

Mamma mia! Molto schifo! Mi son strappato i peli del cazzo.
You were the scelto! It was said that you would destroy the Corona, not drink it! Bring balance to the peninsula... not leave it in plague! You were my fratello Italy! I loved you!

I am possibly sorry
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 10, 2020, 12:34:58 am »

Wonder if it would be worthwhile to try and encourage others to use the phrasing "newly discovered cases" rather than "new cases" because the implication is both more alarming and more accurate.

Mother-in-law needed help with her phone, wanted me to see if I could find a back up password for her facebook she accidentally deleted or some shit. I haven't touched facebook in half a decade, I use phones as cameras with extra bullshit I ignore... I'm not going to be the most helpful tech support to begin with, but naturally that wasn't the worst part.

For some reason she was over at a neighbors house playing with their new baby and kids, said neighbor is apparently a vegan with "meat allergies" and a nasty infection of anti-vax brainrot, yet for some reason after she gets back from there and asks me to touch her phone she's surprised when I refuse to get closer than a few feet from it. I don't need to incubate something, wind up recovering fine, and infect everyone else, kthxbai, going upstairs now, wash your hands more.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 10, 2020, 12:44:37 am »

While I actually do know someone with a meat allergy, anti-vax stances are something I don't support. :(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 10, 2020, 01:11:35 am »

Phone is an often neglected hygiene hazard. So are wallet and keys.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 10, 2020, 01:22:50 am »

Letting someone else touch my handbrain is uncomfortable to me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 10, 2020, 01:35:31 am »

I was going to make a joke about how Martinuzz is dead and you’re sending a message from beyond the grave in the hopes of someone noticing your secret code which details the truth of the afterlife and the eternal torture of hell therin, but then there were ninjas, and I coukdn’t figure out a good joke, so instead here’s a highland cow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hell is empty, and all the ninjas are here.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 10, 2020, 05:26:59 am »

I know someone whose dog is allergic to meat, her skin turns pink and her hair starts falling out if she has any for a few days straight, so her owner needs to cook up all of her food herself since vegetarian dog food isn’t exactly common fare.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 10, 2020, 05:28:33 am »

I know one of those people who got bit by a tick and became allergic to meat. They have a weird range of acceptable animal proteins, though. Milk is alright, but cheese isn't, for example.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:19 am »

So 5 Republicans, including Trump's Chief of Staff, have been quarantined, yet Trump says he refuses to be tested himself.
I wonder if that's just rhetorics. Tbh I think he used up 99% of all available tests on himself.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 459