Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421455 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

And rendemesvir is kind of poop, and anti interleukin treatments are far from foolproof
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At my age, I'm more concerned about Long COVID than death-by-COVID
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1393009789215543298

I'm sure the trolls will be by claim that this never happens, and we're actually saving lives doing this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

2nd shot administered. Feel fine so far. A little off perhaps, but I did stay up way too late last night before getting up to go get it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Most folks seem to have meaningful reaction the day after, for what it's worth. First day (yesterday) was just arm pain after a few hours (notably worse than the first time, which is fairly fucking vicious tbh), but about 18 hours or thereabouts (not quite on waking up today, but a few hours after) I've got mild fever symptoms (though the thermometer is consistently saying no actual fever).

Enough to be pretty miserable, basically, but not super miserable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First shot, my arm cramped up before they got the needle out of me, and stayed that way for like 1.5 days. Nothing at all on the second shot. Although I got the same company's shot both times, because it was the same source.

Edit: It sounds like the new guidance on masks not being needed for vaccinated people (despite it being imperfect and also allows people to still be carriers) wasn't exactly based on science or best practices.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:48:46 am by Iduno »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile

Others acknowledged that policy decisions are based on many goals, such as invigorating the economy and incentivizing people to get vaccinated.

can't let a little thing like a global pandemic stop the free market of capitalism, 'essential' workers might start demanding a living wage or something

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Went into the supermarket today without a mask.  Was the only person there today like that.

I feel like people are very reticent to go about their lives without sucking down cloth.

Im waiting for the gyms to relax.  I cant get a proper sweat on the treadmill without turning it into a waterboarding session.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I feel fine today. Definitely had muscle aches yesterday and through the night but nothing major, and maybe I was a touch warm. Took a couple Ibprofen before bed. Almost all my symptoms are gone today.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Since I misposted here, I might as well use the spot to say first shot two days ago. Arm was sore day after, oddly my other shoulder was sorer than usual, but that's usually the case if I haven't been throwing a ball around enough (mildly blew it out throwing too hard when I was young or something, gets better if I throw a ball frequently such as playing ball) so I don't think that was due to the vaccinne. I slept most of the day yesterday and was kind of a grrump when I wasn't sleeping, woke up with arm feeling better and not feeling unusual.

Not vaccine related: I had a very bad case of neck and shoulders stiffness and pain earlier some months ago, had to lay in bed for a few days before I could sit up due to neck pain (bathroom was only place I sat down for three days, agony in my neck to do so). Then I had to carry my arm above my shoulder for a few weeks afterwards or my shoulder ache'd progressively worse whereas if it began to ache it progressively lessened with my arm in place above/behind my head. Not sure if I had covid at some point, I was pretty careful when I did go out, but maybe, since I was handling out of state/country produce shipments for my job in the months before the stiffness; if I did it would have been months before the stiffness I think unless I was completely asymptomatic except for stiffness.

Initially it started in my (non throwing) shoulder, but the next day I woke up and my neck couldn't support my head's weight without a lot of pain. I thought I had just slept on it wrong, but it persisted for longer than one would think for that. After my neck was getting better, it was my shoulders, though it was worse in my non-throwing arm and that is the arm I had to fold over/behind my head for a few weeks until not doing so did not cause a progressively worsening ache. The arm was fully useable, though I appeared to lose a deal of muscle from it, because I had a spaghetti arm by the time my shoulder was better. It was quite odd, never had that happen before.

On the bright side, it seems to be completely better now. Also another possible and maybe more likely reason for the injury was that I had been attempting handstand pushups for the first time in a while at some point close to the stiffness beginning, but I haven't had that problem before when I did those (generally when I don't have a fluffy big American belly like I do sometimes; I don't want to get slapped in the face during a handstand)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:25:14 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you suffered permanent injury or death as a result of the coronavirus vaccine?  If so you may be entitled to monetary compensation.  Call 1-800-GOT-SHOT to learn your legal rights.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 05:11:32 pm by Stench Guzman »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Have you suffered permanent injury or death as a result of the coronavirus vaccine?  If so you may be entitled to monetary compensation NOTHING!.
FTFY
Gotta love blanket immunity from liability (at least until 2024)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

The Belgian police is trying to track down and eliminate a professional soldier.
The 46-year old extreme right soldier disappeared after writing a letter in which he announces he will hunt and kill virologists.
He is armed with at least a p90 and a rocket launcher, which he stole from his military base, plus a bulletproof vest.

His threats were mostly pointed at Belgium's most renowned virologist Marc van Ranst. He, and his family have been taken into protective custody.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The MADNESS, it's starting continuing!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

holy shit

Where is Hideo Kojima when we need him???
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 459