Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423869 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6510 on: February 12, 2022, 11:58:02 pm »

Hmmmm. I think I'm gonna put you on my ignore list, that's probably best for everyone concerned.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: February 13, 2022, 12:03:49 am »

Waaaaay ahead of you on that front.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: February 13, 2022, 12:12:54 am »

What you could do is do what I've been doing: go to meetups and meet people. I've been going to weekly board game nights since July or so with 60+ people, meeting people, making friends. It's been a great experience.

Ha! Ironically I used to be part of a board game group that consisted entirely of senior citizens (I was the youngest person there). When Covid hit, we moved it to online which unfortunately didn't have the same magic.

It's one of those things that is never coming back sadly. Even you have to admit that it's never going to be safe for them.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: February 13, 2022, 12:21:58 am »

What you could do is do what I've been doing: go to meetups and meet people. I've been going to weekly board game nights since July or so with 60+ people, meeting people, making friends. It's been a great experience.

Ha! Ironically I used to be part of a board game group that consisted entirely of senior citizens (I was the youngest person there). When Covid hit, we moved it to online which unfortunately didn't have the same magic.

It's one of those things that is never coming back sadly. Even you have to admit that it's never going to be safe for them.

Actually there's a few older people that come to our meetups, like upper 50s, lower 60s. It's actually really cool. Most people there are younger though, 20s and 30s, but it's neat to see a few elders in the mix as well. They're usually playing pretty intense, complicated games, like Terraforming Mars and such.

Honestly though I seriously can't recommend meetups highly enough - it's where my entire present social circle stems from.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: February 13, 2022, 03:47:15 am »

How does a board game night work with 60+ people?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: February 13, 2022, 03:54:07 am »

A bit like a "Twitch plays $Game" does?

10 people teams, for a 6 player board game.... 

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: February 13, 2022, 08:03:53 am »

I think it might help if they had more than one board game  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: February 13, 2022, 11:15:10 am »

I'm dating someone, but she's the manager of the local bakery where I constantly go to eat at cafe tables on the way to work. She's also the housemate of someone from my program.

We've been dating since the last week of 2021 but have not yet touched. No holding hands, hugs, kisses, or whatever. This is almost certainly partially due to the COVID situation.

That sucks. At least you're trying, but it doesn't sound great.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: February 13, 2022, 11:40:02 am »

At least you have something going on. I try to avoid falling into despair due to my nonexistent social life//love life. It's kind of depressing at this point because the way things are both are doing not-so-great.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: February 13, 2022, 12:29:32 pm »

Oh there's a ton of games that people play, and people move between tables and so on. Last time, I started the night with Coup, then played some Secret Hitler, and finally rounded out the night with a dice game I forget the name of, but basically you roll dice that have crowns, daggers, skulls, and scrolls on the sides and you have to roll crowns and avoid daggers.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: February 13, 2022, 01:22:32 pm »

Oh please, I was isolated pre-pandemic, isolated during pandemic, and post pandemic will probably die isolated with "whoops, didn't see you there" etched onto my grave.

If anything my mental state flourished under quarantine simply due to the fact that there wasn't a daily flow of assholes hostile simply because I either didn't look them in eye long enough or too long.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: February 13, 2022, 07:52:49 pm »

I try not to get panic attacks these days when I wait in line at the cashiers and there's too many people too close. I can't really safely justify the community ensemble I joined, except that we have musician's masks that catch extra exhalation and it's possible to sit feet apart from everyone else. Is it enough? Maybe. My numerous digital obligations stem the void like coffee does to hunger. Coffee's been enough to stem weight gain despite my sedentary lifestyle, too, but that's besides the point. There's nothing so, I dunno, nourishing for the soul as getting four good friends together for a cheese & wine night, but it's been a good two months since I last did something of that caliber.

I guess I kind of stopped musing as to whether or not that was enough. S'pose I'm resolved to carry my neuroses and wait the world through for a while on yet. I try not to think too much about that, though, or what 'a while on yet' really looks like.

---

Romance? Hah. I haven't so much as smooched since May last year. Odds aren't good as a small longhaired anticapitalist computer weirdo when farmboys are the local hot item, unfortunately. One of these days, it'll be warm enough to get some good shots with my current hair and my red leather jacket though, and that might turn some more heads. Or maybe I should just ask the cute coffee shop manager with the octagonal glasses out, ehehe. (generally don't do this, it's not nice to accost service people when they don't have an out)

Would be nice, though. I don't have much to offer besides general compassion, but I guess I hope for someone out that, that'd be enough for now. Conveying that and finding the same wavelength though, that's another story, yeah?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: February 13, 2022, 11:05:44 pm »

I haven't smooched anyone since August 1 2020, and other than that one day of sloppy makeouts it wasn't since ... fall of 2013 :P

We'll see what happens next

PS: She asked me out, not the other way around. I agree, don't ask out the counter girl/gay/etc.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 11:08:34 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: February 13, 2022, 11:51:03 pm »

I don't think it's ever happening.  Nowhere to meet anyone, doubly so when everything's closed.  I'm not invited when everything will re-open.

Nobody buys defective goods, anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 459