Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 422228 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3390 on: June 23, 2023, 04:29:50 pm »

I suspect they're already dead and the game is just confused about it. It might explain the crashes, which I too experienced the first time I got a wave in a human fort. Thankfully, I only lost one in-game month. As for the thralls, I don't know about you, but for me they had no body parts. Their description list was full of all the body parts that were missing - and ALL their bodyparts were missing. When I scrolled over them, they had every body part gray. You were also lucky that you got some good migrants with the thralls, for me as much as I repeated the wave, only thralls arrived. And I think I didn't get any more waves after that, either.

By the way, before you upload the save, could you put some non-military positions for Siminsothro if it's not too much bother? It is really annoying not having a broker (and, to a lesser extent, a bookkeeper).
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 24, 2023, 09:30:22 am »

The bodypartless zombies may just be undead skins' I remember having some problems with those I raised in the fort where TimelessBob's character died.
EDIT: This one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.msg8301837#msg8301837

Also' please sign me up for another turn. A lot has changed in the world' I'm interested in checking it out firsthand again. Though mayhaps I should try to finish my stories first' it's been.. three years of me lagging with the very first one? Not very efficient at writing alas.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:32:50 am by Yarlig »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 24, 2023, 01:41:01 pm »

I suspect they're already dead and the game is just confused about it. It might explain the crashes, which I too experienced the first time I got a wave in a human fort. Thankfully, I only lost one in-game month. As for the thralls, I don't know about you, but for me they had no body parts. Their description list was full of all the body parts that were missing - and ALL their bodyparts were missing. When I scrolled over them, they had every body part gray. You were also lucky that you got some good migrants with the thralls, for me as much as I repeated the wave, only thralls arrived. And I think I didn't get any more waves after that, either.

By the way, before you upload the save, could you put some non-military positions for Siminsothro if it's not too much bother? It is really annoying not having a broker (and, to a lesser extent, a bookkeeper).

I'm not certain that the bugged, limbless thralls are all dead in game. At least legends viewer suggest they haven't died yet when they generally show up for me. My one contention is where they came from, 75% of them seem to be infected by Hannibal, while the other quarter by Kosoth's original rampage. I'm just wondering how in my many turns I haven't cleaned up Omon Obin! And now as I'm traveling, there are countless Rotten Slayers to deal with. . .

Out of curiosity anyone have any particular in-universe opinions of the Intelligent Undead? I generally attack them on sight provided my adventurer is hardy enough. Though of course they aren't hostile until you do the deed, I suppose I think of it like a mercy killing.

And yeah Lurker I'll take a look at it.
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 24, 2023, 03:24:06 pm »

And yeah Lurker I'll take a look at it.
Thank you.

About the intelligent undead, as my character is a necromancer, I assume they'll attack some future unlucky soul, so I try to kill them first.

About the thralls not registering as dead, it is definitely a bug. I killed a lot of thrall immigrants in fortress mode, then I checked in LV and their death wasn't registered. Maybe it's because I didn't have a military and I killed them with DF Hack, though it might be that their death either just doesn't register or that they are, as Yarlig pointed out, actually skins with different IDs, thus they have different entries than the name they come as.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 24, 2023, 05:58:10 pm »

I think wolf man is lonely having lived multiple generations longer than he should. I usually resurrect NPCs whose area of death makes them seem harmless. I also carry Makbor residents who die from old age to other locations to resurrect and occupy. I think it fits his relaxed view of life that he wouldn't let people he's known forever just disappear

The elves having heard of centuries of conflict via intelligent undead definitely view them with fear and hate. I mean Hollow Zombies can force grab you! That's terrifying seeing a living corpse do that to someone

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 25, 2023, 08:04:57 am »

Out of curiosity anyone have any particular in-universe opinions of the Intelligent Undead? I generally attack them on sight provided my adventurer is hardy enough. Though of course they aren't hostile until you do the deed, I suppose I think of it like a mercy killing.
They are a threat to my nation and a convenient source of souls that no one will miss.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 25, 2023, 11:01:07 pm »

I make an effort to kill those that are hostile, whenever possible, but otherwise leave them be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 26, 2023, 10:52:06 am »

In case Bralbaard missed it earlier, can I move my turn down one place?

That would make it Dikbut’s turn after Unraveller.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:11:41 am by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 26, 2023, 04:23:19 pm »

I updated a lot of stuff, tell me if I missed anything.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 27, 2023, 01:00:35 pm »

In case Bralbaard missed it earlier, can I move my turn down one place?

That would make it Dikbut’s turn after Unraveller.
Looks like it.

Hoping I got a decent undead power after being revived.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 27, 2023, 04:08:07 pm »

Will have save up later tonight, have a few things to do first, then I'll put the finishing touches on it. Not that I've had a terribly productive run of it thus far, mostly just administering the Realm.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 27, 2023, 04:35:45 pm »

Hoping I got a decent undead power after being revived.
Weenie's a Hollow Zombie, so if I'm reading these raws right he'll have the power to propel targets away and cause their spines to rot. Latter's kind of meh, but FWIR the former is pretty strong against human-sized targets due to the force and rate at which it can be used.

Good luck with your turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Will have save up later tonight, have a few things to do first, then I'll put the finishing touches on it. Not that I've had a terribly productive run of it thus far, mostly just administering the Realm.
Looking forward to seeing how the Realm of Silver's changed under further rule, Unraveller!
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 27, 2023, 08:12:07 pm »

I know the feeling, doing some things in the game can be tedious, even if rewarding. I'm looking forward to seeing what changed in the world.

I don't want to derail your narrative, but I'm curious what the Gloryages/Anthad and the Royal Court think about Lurker. After all, he's the only other adventurer (that I know of) that has come to renovate the Realm. He's taken over the former capital, the castle where Jas slayed the last of the Old Blood Law-Giver. He's renovated the castle with a marble entrance, remade some of the first floor rooms and repurposed the towers for the uses of new arrivals. What do the Anthads and the Royal Court think Lurker is planning? What do they think about him?

Bralbaard, you can remove the (writing) on my turn, that was all I had to submit for this turn.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 27, 2023, 09:19:47 pm »

@Lurker

I think this most hinges on one thing; whether in a narrative sense Lurker would have petitioned to do so in an official capacity, essentially gaining lordship over the land, or if he merely moved into the old castle for their own sake. In the former scenario, I feel as if though he would be welcome, despite now having a familial ruling system and dynasty, I like to imagine the earliest of the Anthad stock cares little of nobility and relies more on merit - If a man comes to them wishing to rebuild a holding for the sake of the Realm, then so be it, and best of luck to him, the Realm requires strong hands and ambitions for the future now that the worst of the blight seems through with.

On the other hand, should it have been an oddball adventurer moving in to claim their own fort, then I think they would be much more wary. Swordgleamed was merely a stones throw away from the capital in the past and it was a vertible hive of banditry, the memories of Jas and Galka's final adventure before settling into rulership in order to cow the bandits that dwelt there is still in the minds of the Anthads. In this case, at best they'd hope Lurker to be a harmless adventuring fellow squatting on ruined land, at worst, a would be bandit lord.

EDIT: In order to get the positions right for Lurker, I'm gonna need to finish up tomorrow morning, it's getting quite late for me to be doing this and I don't want to make a mistake. Sorry folks.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:04:29 am by Unraveller »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 27, 2023, 10:21:23 pm »

I'll take the third option. Lurker has visited the capital at least once, has had positive relations with Jas' former wife (though likely only Lurker remembers; though for roleplay reasons, maybe she sent letters to the capital before her demise, so the nobles know of his good intentions). On the other hand, at this point Lurker is an undead necromancer - albeit one who hasn't raised a single undead or bodypart and has mostly used his abilities to forgo food and drink. Yes, Lurker took over the castle more or less "clandestinely", but as the Overseer, he made sure the blighted thrall "settlers" would be slayed wherever possible and the group which inhabit the castle is officially part of Omon Obin - something that Lapa Gicast never had. So it should mean at some point that, if not Lurker, someone close to him petitioned the capital to settle there and they approved. The gray area may be that Lurker was not directly involved - I'm not sure how exactly to play it here. I definitely went to the capital with Lurker and I don't know if I ever met a royal in the capital in adventure mode - but I don't know if I should play it that I was just another weary traveler/visitor of if I discussed issue with... I just checked, yes, it was definitely Luki at the time, he ascended a year before I started my adventure. Lurker also makes no secret (at least in the Museum company of adventurers) that he has necromantic plans to do either in the castle or Eskôn - although word should not have come to the capital about this.

You raised interesting points, I'll have to think on this further. Thanks for the great observations.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 265