Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125888 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2020, 11:02:05 am »

How are you supposed to deal with an overflow of qi, caused by demonic possession? Or is that the game's way of saying 'Hey, you really should do something about that beast on the map already, you know?'

I've never had that, did you let your guy cultivate with a low mental state maybe ? "Demonic" might be referring to inner demons here. You should make sure that your inner disciples are on "mind" by default and only switch them to "practice" or "train" if their mental state is high enough (above 50 should be ok but I'd wait for at least 75+).

I ignored the beast until my dog could solo it and never had any issues. But it could be random.
Random Qi backfire events happen every now and then.  Well, it is part of those random +cultivation/ +inspiration/ found talisman events you get.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2020, 11:09:32 am »

Pretty sure someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but just to re-state it:

If you come across evil cultivators doing evil shit in a town, the option of "pretend to help them" is - if you can believe it - actually MORE evil than just helping them. Instead of just causing regular evil mayhem, your cultivator follows that up by backstabbing the evil sect and stealing their shit.

Evil points galore and hatred from the sect you just screwed over.

In related news, my evil reputation just got high enough to trigger the next achievement: 'Notorious'.

Gods yes this, it actually ruined my first playthrough because I had a Core Shaping go out and do it, the option says "insincerely help them" and I thought that meant help the village, and suddenly I have accidentally slaughtered an entire village, evil sect members, and now have a ton of evil rep. I BARELY managed to survive the backlash of suddenly much stronger cultivators attacking me due to have my Dog tank everything while my inners and outers focused fire. And then later I tried Help and it got worse and my only options were evil options.

That run ended when I got 3-fold attacked. Some Golden Core cultivators attacked so i did the routine of sending my inners + outers while dog tanked. Right after killing them 4 Golden Core Demon Bulls arrived, rampaged all the way through the middle of my sect while my other people were recurperating, but halfway through their stampede I was attacked AGAIN but 4 more Golden Cores that split my attention.

I got destroyed in all of about 5-10 minutes, was a nightmare.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »

How are you supposed to deal with an overflow of qi, caused by demonic possession? Or is that the game's way of saying 'Hey, you really should do something about that beast on the map already, you know?'

I've never had that, did you let your guy cultivate with a low mental state maybe ? "Demonic" might be referring to inner demons here. You should make sure that your inner disciples are on "mind" by default and only switch them to "practice" or "train" if their mental state is high enough (above 50 should be ok but I'd wait for at least 75+).

I ignored the beast until my dog could solo it and never had any issues. But it could be random.
Random Qi backfire events happen every now and then.  Well, it is part of those random +cultivation/ +inspiration/ found talisman events you get.

Definitely not mental state/mood related; I keep my mental state at 80+ and mood, even now, while they're passed out, is at 180. I did get a random talisman event, so that's probably it.

I've mostly ignored the qi damage events since they were evidently harmless until now... but now my main guy (who is rocking a beautiful 82 qi sense) is just stuck lying around in bed all day, passed out, with... evidently nothing else happening.

Aha: PANACEA!! Even a total newbie Inner managed to fix everything.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2020, 04:13:08 pm »

Went ahead and made the forum game community fort thing for this, feel free to do whatever: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177691.0
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2020, 02:19:59 pm »

Pretty sure someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but just to re-state it:

If you come across evil cultivators doing evil shit in a town, the option of "pretend to help them" is - if you can believe it - actually MORE evil than just helping them. Instead of just causing regular evil mayhem, your cultivator follows that up by backstabbing the evil sect and stealing their shit.

In related news, my evil reputation just got high enough to trigger the next achievement: 'Notorious'.
Also, it bears repeating that the entire event is worded like "you see some evil cultivators slaughtering innocent people for power" and one of the options is "help them."

This option means you will help the evil cultivators with their slaughtering.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:22:17 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2020, 02:41:20 pm »

Hell, all the options in that event leads to innocent people getting slaughtered, iirc. There's just "help with the murder", "help with the murder but also backstab", and "walk away from the ongoing murder". If there's an option that didn't lead to the mortals getting cultivator'd I don't recall seeing it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2020, 02:51:51 pm »

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that once you start accruing beyond a certain amount of evil rep, the good options disappear, which makes it really hard to get good again, but you can gimmick it by setting it to auto-attempt 'good' options. Not sure if it's valid for that particular encounter, but it might be worth a shot if you're aiming to be positive.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2020, 08:04:42 pm »

Hell, all the options in that event leads to innocent people getting slaughtered, iirc. There's just "help with the murder", "help with the murder but also backstab", and "walk away from the ongoing murder". If there's an option that didn't lead to the mortals getting cultivator'd I don't recall seeing it.
Eventually you get the option to actually stop the murdering, but I'm not quite sure what triggers it. I'm fairly sure it isn't actually tied with you being good or bad though, maybe its your total reputation amount or possibly even the strength of the cultivator you send?
I've seen it mentioned somewhere that once you start accruing beyond a certain amount of evil rep, the good options disappear, which makes it really hard to get good again, but you can gimmick it by setting it to auto-attempt 'good' options. Not sure if it's valid for that particular encounter, but it might be worth a shot if you're aiming to be positive.
Yeah, if you go too far either way options disappear, which locks you out of stuff which is pretty annoying (eg. if you go to an opposite sect to explore they attack you no matter what you try, you can't do disaster relief missions with your dude if you are evil, etc).
The whole reputation thing is super easy to game though if you know the right things to do. Honestly, that's a big part of the reason I'm not really fond of how the system works.

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2020, 10:58:34 am »

Eventually you get the option to actually stop the murdering, but I'm not quite sure what triggers it. I'm fairly sure it isn't actually tied with you being good or bad though, maybe its your total reputation amount or possibly even the strength of the cultivator you send?
Yeah, if you go too far either way options disappear, which locks you out of stuff which is pretty annoying (eg. if you go to an opposite sect to explore they attack you no matter what you try, you can't do disaster relief missions with your dude if you are evil, etc).
The whole reputation thing is super easy to game though if you know the right things to do. Honestly, that's a big part of the reason I'm not really fond of how the system works.

I can't help but think that disaster relief part isn't fully true, because I ran an evil sect and was still able to do disaster relief, especially considering that's a major thing for agencies and not doing them makes agencies useless cause you'll eventually lose all your followers there as a result.

On a side note, I wasn't aware of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:10:01 pm by Unknown72 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2020, 03:03:16 pm »

Hm, so the best way to lower your rep is to send Inners out to die.  Suddenly, I understand what to do with those low talent hacks that manage to build foundation!

So maybe when Purple Lotus sect sends their old useless Qi Cultivators against me, they're just trying to lower their rep?  ;D

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2020, 05:26:17 pm »

I can't help but think that disaster relief part isn't fully true, because I ran an evil sect and was still able to do disaster relief, especially considering that's a major thing for agencies and not doing them makes agencies useless cause you'll eventually lose all your followers there as a result.
To be clear I mean from sending your dudes out on missions for disaster relief, not from your agency policy, which you can still get +800 from if you use watch closely+diaster relief policy. For what its worth it doesn't actually matter for any agency aside from Mt. South since you get other dudes helping everywhere else, but its a big enough pain that I've been careful to avoid becoming evil.

And it is possible that something other than being evil was blocking me from sending relief missions to help dudes, but uh... it would be a really big coincidence that as soon as I turn evil my dudes are like "Whelp, can't do anything other than just make the disaster worse, sorry".
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2020, 06:01:08 pm »

To be clear I mean from sending your dudes out on missions for disaster relief, not from your agency policy, which you can still get +800 from if you use watch closely+diaster relief policy. For what its worth it doesn't actually matter for any agency aside from Mt. South since you get other dudes helping everywhere else, but its a big enough pain that I've been careful to avoid becoming evil.

And it is possible that something other than being evil was blocking me from sending relief missions to help dudes, but uh... it would be a really big coincidence that as soon as I turn evil my dudes are like "Whelp, can't do anything other than just make the disaster worse, sorry".

Ah okay, I thought you were talking about outright doing disaster relief in the first place, that's my bad. I never really sent people out to help with disaster relief during my evil run, mainly cause it was stupidly easy for me to pass them without doing so, so I never had to. Spent that time having them go out and do fucked up shit for the sake of cultivation xD.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2020, 06:44:42 am »

So maybe when Purple Lotus sect sends their old useless Qi Cultivators against me, they're just trying to lower their rep?  ;D
Have you looked at the procedurally-generated Laws some of those people follow?  If I was locked into a Law like that, I'd want to die, too.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2021, 06:29:52 pm »

I just bought the game and it's fun, but wow do the things about breakthrough not make sense... I have someone cultivating a water art, so I try to have them breakthrough in winter. Winter arrives and their season tooltip says "- 1". I'm like "ok, I just need to wait until it's in the middle of winter. Nope. As winter goes on the negatives just get higher and higher. Negative 5 at the end of winter. I'm not crazy, water = winter, right?

Also, I remember that earth cultivator's seasons are best at the end of each season. As I wait for the last few days of the season to be reached, the "+2" turns into a "+1".... why??? It's closer to the end of the season so it should be increasing, if not already 4-5, right?

Also, it bears repeating that the entire event is worded like "you see some evil cultivators slaughtering innocent people for power" and one of the options is "help them."

This option means you will help the evil cultivators with their slaughtering.

If I remember correctly it was "bad things are happening because someone might be practicing the dark arts". So you didn't even identify who was the one practicing. Just that there may have been someone. I had to load an autosave because of that vagueness.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 06:31:43 pm by Micro102 »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2021, 07:06:22 pm »

I just bought the game and it's fun, but wow do the things about breakthrough not make sense... I have someone cultivating a water art, so I try to have them breakthrough in winter. Winter arrives and their season tooltip says "- 1". I'm like "ok, I just need to wait until it's in the middle of winter. Nope. As winter goes on the negatives just get higher and higher. Negative 5 at the end of winter. I'm not crazy, water = winter, right?

If I'm recalling my seasonal attributes right, winter IS water, which means it feeds wood. You want the season that feeds water, which would be... early autumn (metal), before it turns to earth and feeds metal instead.

If you're water, you want (almost) everything around you to be metal. Think of it as you wanting to leech the energy of your surroundings, whereas if you're surrounded by water, you exist in equilibrium so you don't get stronger.

Edit: And the closer you get to the end of Winter, the stronger Spring is, which is Wood, which sucks up Water, so you'll be weaker in that period.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43