Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 100871 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #870 on: December 29, 2020, 07:35:24 pm »

No way Mafia NQT blows a LYLO breaker for no real reason on D1.
And you think that makes him town? There's also no way to be sure that's a one-shot. Or doesn't have hidden caveats. Look at his behavior, not his usage of an ability that may be free for all we know.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 29, 2020, 07:35:54 pm »

notquitethere

Let me spell it properly so Mamobo doesn’t miss it this time.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:06 pm »

TricMagic. I still believe he claimed 3rd-party and he was willing to lynch ICT over a hat. I don't know his meta. I feel like the anti-NQT bandwagon has come out of nowhere.
Okay.
TricMagic.
Interesting Vector and Toaster...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:26 pm »

Ah shit. I stayed up past midnight and made an I'll considered fancy play. I'm going to work on the assumption that this bad move has cost me the game, and say:

I was convinced the toony wagon fit the pattern of typical Bay12 mislynch and so I tried to get my ass into gear and try and try to proactively shape the lynch to something better. But then I got antsy that I'd be mislynched instead and made it a self fulfilling prophecy by using a one shot without thinking carefully before hand.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:34 pm »

Okay.

TricMagic.

How do you know he's telling the truth about it being one-shot?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 29, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »

I'm posting from phone right now, so not as eloquent and expansive as I'd like. Don't know why you guys are freaking out about having two votes in a BYOR.

Had you used this power to push for what you said was your preferred lynch I wouldn't have so much of a problem. The fact that you used it to start a wagon on Tric is what really doesn't sit right with me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:10 pm »

Okay.

TricMagic.

Assuming that NQT is telling the truth about his ability being one-shot, why do you think a mafia member wouldn't use a one-shot ability if they thought it would save their life?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:13 pm »

If I had two votes all along, don't you think I would have shown them sooner? I never ever unvoted anyone after all

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:27 pm »

Webadict's first post in the game says there's a lylo breaker of some kind (godzilla).

But then I got antsy that I'd be mislynched instead and made it a self fulfilling prophecy by using a one shot without thinking carefully before hand.
Sure. Why Tric, though? What about leafsnail?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »

I literally cannot keep up in real time with this.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 1 - Luckyowl*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
juicebox - 0 -
Leafsnail - 1 - juicebox*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 4 - 4maskwolf*, ToonyMan*, FallacyofUrist*, heydude6*,
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 4 - Nirur Torir*, dolores*, NJW2000*, IcyTea31*,
TricMagic - 6 - Leafsnail*, Vector*, Jim Groovester*, Toaster*, notquitethere*, notquitethere*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting -
9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 29, 2020 at 19:00 CST (0 hours and 22 minutes remaining.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:59 pm »

Ah shit. I stayed up past midnight and made an I'll considered fancy play. I'm going to work on the assumption that this bad move has cost me the game, and say:

I was convinced the toony wagon fit the pattern of typical Bay12 mislynch and so I tried to get my ass into gear and try and try to proactively shape the lynch to something better. But then I got antsy that I'd be mislynched instead and made it a self fulfilling prophecy by using a one shot without thinking carefully before hand.
What on earth was going through your mind, from a townie perspective?

You could have just siphoned tric's vote and put it on your primary scum suspect, but you just completely jumped ship onto another wagon entirely.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 29, 2020, 07:39:23 pm »

The reason I don't believe you here is that Leafsnail doesn't look like 'something better' at all, just the easiest target around. I might've believed you if it was Vector or dolores or, you know, anyone with actual activity to analyze.

(And if you posted actual analysis on said activity before proposing the lynch. You had the time, at the time. And why did you rapid-shift to TricMagic now, just now, instead of adding emphasis to your Leafsnail argument?)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 29, 2020, 07:39:41 pm »

Eh, just so you know, with Toaster’s vote we’re getting a TrickMagic lynch right now. Does anyone else want to vote NQT, or should I just change my vote to Tooney instead?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 29, 2020, 07:40:08 pm »

Notquitethere

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 29, 2020, 07:40:17 pm »

There you go.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 122