Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 118572 times)

Ganondworf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #2190 on: February 12, 2023, 10:28:57 am »

Today our nazis are doing a protest march (sorry, I'm not sure what the appropriate English word is) because on February 13th 1945 the city of Dresden was bombed and largely destroyed.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/dresden-lauter-protest-gegen-neonazi-aufzug-fast-2000-polizisten-im-einsatz-a-a1ce4863-9353-4ceb-b653-fb3a592e4084

If you look at the picture in the article, you can see that they are not allowed to bring any nazi insignia. Instead they bring a russian flag.
Remember bombed civilians by bringing a flag of someone who bombs civilians. Good job.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 12, 2023, 10:34:12 am »

It just keeps getting funnier. Keep it up buddy. Show these Western Satanists where exactly they are wrong!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: February 12, 2023, 10:43:42 am »

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-may-have-lost-an-entire-elite-brigade-near-a-coal-mining-town-in-donbas-ukraine-says/

A nice short article about recent battles at Vuhledar. Russian offensive there goes about as well as RD's crusade against Satanists
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 12, 2023, 10:59:51 am »

Interestingly, Wagner and its head Prigozhin --who have gained a lot of influence over the past month, even raising concerns about risk of private militaries taking over-- are now seemingly sidelined by the Kremlin.  Possibly due changing situation in the field with Kremlin no longer need to relay on them and possibly due to certain comments about the DoD and less than optimistic outlook of Russian offensive prospects.

I can't make heads or tails here, Russia politics seem like Putin's little telenovela where there is always someone to take the blame for any failures especially if they become influential. I am surprised that Girkin --who helped the Kremlin leading its proxy armed formations in Crimea and Donbas back in 2014) is still allowed to speak.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2195 on: February 12, 2023, 11:09:50 am »

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-may-have-lost-an-entire-elite-brigade-near-a-coal-mining-town-in-donbas-ukraine-says/

A nice short article about recent battles at Vuhledar. Russian offensive there goes about as well as RD's crusade against Satanists
>surrender entire regions and all of your equipment
>annihilate what few combat ready brigades you have to capture strategically irrelevant fortified towns
>attack where your enemy is strongest, defend where they are weakest

Yeah this is 500 IQ war planning. It's just what I'd expect from the bright leaders who planned a war without realising they were going into a war. What's more puzzling is the notion that Putin's leaders seem to think if they destroy their own military might to capture a few token towns in Donetsk and Luhansk that the Ukrainians won't just... Pull back, regroup and launch a counter offensive when Russia's army has exhausted itself, just as they did in Kherson. This also fits in with all the mad reports of Russian soldiers being injured, sent home and told they're in perfect health just to be sent back to the frontline. No proper troop rotation, no intention of having survivors... On their own side.

Interestingly, Wagner and its head Prigozhin --who have gained a lot of influence over the past month, even raising concerns about risk of private militaries taking over-- are now seemingly sidelined by the Kremlin.  Possibly due changing situation in the field with Kremlin no longer need to relay on them and possibly due to certain comments about the DoD and less than optimistic outlook of Russian offensive prospects.

I can't make heads or tails here, Russia politics seem like Putin's little telenovela where there is always someone to take the blame for any failures especially if they become influential. I am surprised that Girkin --who helped the Kremlin leading its proxy armed formations in Crimea and Donbas back in 2014) is still allowed to speak.
Well it's not that surprising. Wagner group bled itself dry in Bakhmut, and it's a classic ploy by employers of mercenaries to allow the mercenary group to bleed itself powerless before sidelining them. However it may not be the case that Prigozhin is gone though. It could just be Putin deliberately sowing discord between the army, Wagner group and the Kadyvorites so none of them try to replace him, e.g. if Wagner group feels the VDV is taking credit for the sacrifices they've made, there's going to be that inherent animosity and distrust which will stop the two groups from uniting to overthrow Putin.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 12, 2023, 01:16:04 pm »

>surrender entire regions and all of your equipment
>annihilate what few combat ready brigades you have to capture strategically irrelevant fortified towns
>attack where your enemy is strongest, defend where they are weakest

Yeah this is 500 IQ war planning. It's just what I'd expect from the bright leaders who planned a war without realising they were going into a war. What's more puzzling is the notion that Putin's leaders seem to think if they destroy their own military might to capture a few token towns in Donetsk and Luhansk that the Ukrainians won't just... Pull back, regroup and launch a counter offensive when Russia's army has exhausted itself, just as they did in Kherson. This also fits in with all the mad reports of Russian soldiers being injured, sent home and told they're in perfect health just to be sent back to the frontline. No proper troop rotation, no intention of having survivors... On their own side.

Well it's not that surprising. Wagner group bled itself dry in Bakhmut, and it's a classic ploy by employers of mercenaries to allow the mercenary group to bleed itself powerless before sidelining them. However it may not be the case that Prigozhin is gone though. It could just be Putin deliberately sowing discord between the army, Wagner group and the Kadyvorites so none of them try to replace him, e.g. if Wagner group feels the VDV is taking credit for the sacrifices they've made, there's going to be that inherent animosity and distrust which will stop the two groups from uniting to overthrow Putin.

Ukraine can't play the pull back, regroup, counteroffensive card when it's currently being played by Russia

Big brain tactics
Love, scriver~

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 12, 2023, 08:29:09 pm »

Christianity is fundermentally opposed to {any kind of rebellion}.  It says that we should follow Emperor Trump and disregard anything else (particularly laws) because he is the Authority, thus divine since all authorities are.

Nah.

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" is only the first half of the pertinent Gospel statement. The second half - "render unto God what is God's" - is the more important bit. The instant civil authority or law infringes on divine authority, it's time to start disobeying earthly power. This is why martyrs exist.

Trump in particular is a lot of things - "inviolable Word of God" is not one of them. Christ gets that title.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 12, 2023, 08:49:20 pm »

Greetings, I would like to posit the following observation: It appears as though you employ an inordinate amount of polysyllabic vocabulary in a manner that is intended to convey an air of intellectual superiority. However, in actuality, this utilization of verbose language serves as a smokescreen, masking a lack of genuine cognitive acuity.

I would be delighted to expand upon this observation further: It appears as though you have a tendency to utilize a profusion of sesquipedalian lexemes in a manner that seeks to create the impression of intellectual eminence. Yet, this proclivity towards the utilization of grandiloquent language seems to be merely a facade, a veneer if you will, which is employed to disguise the fact that your cognitive abilities are, in actuality, rather modest.

It is my belief that true intelligence is not measured by one's ability to use a plethora of long words, but rather by the capacity to employ language in a clear, concise, and effective manner that accurately conveys one's thoughts and ideas. Therefore, I would argue that by employing an excessive number of multi-syllabic words, you are not actually demonstrating a high level of intellect, but rather obscuring the simplicity of your message.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:59:49 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: February 12, 2023, 09:37:10 pm »

He can’t even parse sensible arguments so it doesn’t matter. Democratically elected positions derive their power from the people, but the people who elected the person into that power aren’t allowed to remove them from that power, even if it’s done through other democratically elected representatives with the right to do it.

Don’t even get me started on his attempts at trying to squeeze the concept of Divine Right into democracy. It’s just utter shite followed by a shower of shite with a sprinkling of shite.

We know his idea of winning an argument is to get the last word in so just let him think he’s won and he’ll go away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 13, 2023, 12:04:57 am »

Don’t even get me started on his attempts at trying to squeeze the concept of Divine Right into democracy.

thank you that's the other issue

Divine right was a halfway-viable concept when the Byzantine emperors were still around*, but that's just not the world we live in anymore! The separation of church and state is real. The Christian's role in secular society is to respect that state until (and only until) its laws become immoral.

*The Byzantine emperors were far from perfect themselves, after all. I do think they were a boon to humanity as a whole - the Church exists in its current fullness largely because of imperial support - but I wouldn't want to reinstate that kind of theocracy now. Power does scary things to the soul, and Christ was quite clear about the risks of "living by the sword."

(I'm rather conflicted about modern Israel for similar reasons, despite my Jewish heritage... is the physical security against a second Holocaust event worth the spiritual risk of violently maintaining that body politic? But I digress :-\)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 13, 2023, 01:03:46 am »

Today our nazis are doing a protest march (sorry, I'm not sure what the appropriate English word is) because on February 13th 1945 the city of Dresden was bombed and largely destroyed.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/dresden-lauter-protest-gegen-neonazi-aufzug-fast-2000-polizisten-im-einsatz-a-a1ce4863-9353-4ceb-b653-fb3a592e4084

If you look at the picture in the article, you can see that they are not allowed to bring any nazi insignia. Instead they bring a russian flag.
Remember bombed civilians by bringing a flag of someone who bombs civilians. Good job.

Only somewhat relevant, but Dresden wasn't nearly as bad as popular image presents it. It was a bad raid, but far from the worst in Europe, and the Reich quite literally put an extra zero on the published casualty figures for propaganda purposes. Somehow those propaganda figures got cemented into the sources used by perfectly legitimate historians, and became very hard to scrub.

I know a guy who studies the Germanies in the Early Modern era as a profession. He's told me that Dresden's one of the better places to study because the war damaged their archives a lot less than most places.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 13, 2023, 01:36:05 am »

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" is only the first half of the pertinent Gospel statement. The second half - "render unto God what is God's" - is the more important bit. The instant civil authority or law infringes on divine authority, it's time to start disobeying earthly power. This is why martyrs exist.

Jesus answered a very direct question "is it OK to pay taxes to Romans (an occupying force)" he answered that yes, it is OK.

Deriving the whole concept of "all governments are divine and must be obeyed" is simply a hypocrisy invented by medieval rulers with obvious intentions.

One only needs to look at biblical monarchs (from pharaohs to Herod) and how are they depicted to come to the conclusion that no, rulers aren't meant to be seen as someone appointed by God and blindly obeyed
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 13, 2023, 03:02:54 am »

This is why Christianity is fundermentally opposed to Western Satanism. 

disregard anything else (particularly laws)
I was under the impression the christens where okay with laws and would be against the Western Satanists given that they have the Ten Commandments and what the Ten Commandments contain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 167