Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!  (Read 10346 times)

saki

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2023, 08:58:30 am »

Move forward and get ready to fire with the assault rifle
Logged
sincerely,

ih oh

VermilionSkies

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2023, 09:07:26 am »

"Let's make this quick."

Avoid gunning down any of my friends, but lay down another stream of fire on the suspected location of the MG. Be the AA gun.
Logged

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2023, 09:13:55 pm »

"Her leg's crippled, but trust nothing!"

Dodge. I don't know what she's up to, but if she's as out of options as this looks like my teammates will bag her any second now.
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2023, 12:02:35 pm »

((Would some of you like to receive a PM when I update?  The pace of updates is slow--deliberately, running this is a little side project that I'm not prioritizing--and understandably the game is not something that would be checked often.))

CHARGE!!!
^WHAT HE SAID!!!
"BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME MY LIGHT SHALL BRING US VICTORY!"

Fuck it Beacon time hold back a bit behind everyone else but don't be afraid to provide some covering fire if I get the chance.
Keep the LMG at the ready and move forward while trying not to be shot by my teammates.
Move forward and get ready to fire with the assault rifle

[Blackpaladin: 3 (pain resist), 1, 6 (melee)]
[Crazyabe: 1]
[Fluffe: 2]
[Zultan: 6]
[Saki: 6]

((Xantalos is with you in spirit.))

All of you charge forwards as a barely-organized mob, Joe leading the charge alongside a limping whisperer.  The heavy machine gun fire from the mech lets up as you move forward, but is promptly replaced by bullets from your own weapons; Bob in particular hipfires his LMG on full auto, sweeping it back and forth while walking forwards and staying near the back of the group.  Kevin assists him, firing wherever Bob does not.

Whisperer smashes forward into the undergrowth, his limp only slightly impeding him.  Friendly bullets ping off the back of his armor, but they're not nearly high enough caliber to penetrate, allowing him to focus on his task.  And after breaching through the first line of bushes, he spots his target, the magical girl.  She's scrambling away, low to the ground, and completely free of any kind of wound.  Not that he's worried about that; he barrels forward with a roar, warglaives raised high.

[Emine bravery: Partial success]

The girl spins around around on a dime, smoothly drawing a parrying dagger with one hand and raising it up high.  The thin blade catches and deflects Whisperer's first warglaive--but not the second, which cleaves from her right shoulder to her left hip.  The warglaive is sharp, but not all that thin, and smashes as much as it slashes; as a result, the girl's body crumbles around the blade as her torso is bisected.  She doesn't even have the ability to scream, though she seems to try, her eyes wide with horror.

Then, before the girl's head and left arm hit the ground, the entire bloody mass disappears.  Whisperer quickly starts stabbing the ground nearby, but doesn't hit anything--she's not invisible, she's just gone.  The rest of her body is here though, and is still clutching a crash assault rifle in one hand.  Magnus--glowing with an intense golden light--comes up behind Whisperer, scanning around with his rifle, but he can't spot any further signs of the magical girl.

Meanwhile, Kevin and Bob have stopped shooting, as Whisperer's armored body inadvertently shielded the girl he was attacking.  Instead, they've rushed forwards towards Joe; they accidentally shot in the legs.  Quite a few times.  And unlike Whisperer, the only "armor" he's wearing is a heavy metal backpack nuke, and even though it did protect his chest from being shot full of holes, his legs were not so lucky.  As such, Joe is now laying on the ground in a growing pool of his own blood, screaming and cursing the allies who shot his legs full of holes.

Bob cheerily comments that the screams are a good sign.  After all, Joe can't be too close to death if he's still able to scream.

"Let's make this quick."

Avoid gunning down any of my friends, but lay down another stream of fire on the suspected location of the MG. Be the AA gun.

[Minigun rolls: 3, 2]

Unlike the trigger happy infantry ahead of you, you hold fire once some of your allies charge ahead.  Unfortunately, Whisperer is leading the charge, and directly interposes himself between you and the target, so there's really no use in firing.  Unlike the light crash rifles they use, your miniguns might do real damage to him.

So you just manuever closer, trying to get an angle, and not finding one.  You do get a good view as Joe gets shot, though!  Gee, he's lucky he's the one with a medical power.  That'd suck a lot more if there were nobody who could fix him up!

"Her leg's crippled, but trust nothing!"

Dodge. I don't know what she's up to, but if she's as out of options as this looks like my teammates will bag her any second now.

You immediately retreat, grappling to a tree behind, and swinging past and into a higher position in the canopy.  Once secure, you take a moment to make sure your position isn't too obvious, and then you pull your sniper rifle back out and take aim.  Just in time to witness the moment when the magical girl gets bisected and disappears.

You lower your rifle, looking around with a careful eye.  You can't see any sign of the girl, either.




Everyone's in about the same location, or close enough:


Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

  • Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2023, 02:13:03 pm »

"Son of a- What type of plot armor bullshite ability is that! Are you f-" Magnus spends the next couple of seconds kicking the magical girls remains and letting out every expletive he can think of.

Sigh Alrighty keep beacon up a bit longer and ping the Soul Tracker we gotta figure out where this lady is asap before she pulls out any more shenigans

"Oh by the way Joe right? I know your kinda in major pain and all that but maybe you can transfer your wounds to what's left of that magical girl by touchin her body technically she is still living as far as any of us are aware worth a shot I say." Magnus shrugs
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:47:39 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Logged

crazyabe

  • Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2023, 04:04:23 pm »

This seems like a good time to *Ping* where she is.
Logged
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

  • Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2023, 09:11:12 pm »

ping.  advance cautiously

((Man, I never thought I'd be that good at slaughtering small magical girls while in a close combat mech suit.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:12:54 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
Logged
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

VermilionSkies

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2023, 10:28:12 pm »

Wait for the people with the trackers to point out where she went, then either gun her down or press forwards.
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2023, 02:20:13 am »

"So is she dead or not?"
Wait until the ping happens and find out if she's dead.
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

saki

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2023, 05:26:31 am »

"It's not that deep, Joe. Just get over it! And yeah, I agree with Magnus."
Wait for the ping, prepare to use the magic jetpack and fly to the sky just in case there will be any attacks, shoot as well.
Logged
sincerely,

ih oh

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2023, 02:25:32 pm »

"A decoy," The Australian mutters over the comms. "It's possible that was never the real her."

Drop down and examine the unbulleted underbrush nearby. See if I can find a trail or other signs of activity.
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2023, 10:26:03 am »

"Son of a- What type of plot armor bullshite ability is that! Are you f-" Magnus spends the next couple of seconds kicking the magical girls remains and letting out every expletive he can think of.

Sigh Alrighty keep beacon up a bit longer and ping the Soul Tracker we gotta figure out where this lady is asap before she pulls out any more shenigans

"Oh by the way Joe right? I know your kinda in major pain and all that but maybe you can transfer your wounds to what's left of that magical girl by touchin her body technically she is still living as far as any of us are aware worth a shot I say." Magnus shrugs
ping.  advance cautiously

((Man, I never thought I'd be that good at slaughtering small magical girls while in a close combat mech suit.))

Whisperer searches for his soultracker, but cannot find it.  Whisperer expected it to be on the magical girl's corpse, as he saw her telekinetically grab it only a moment ago, but it's nowhere to be seen.  He even picks up her mangled body to turn it over, then looks around at the ruined forest floor, but he can't find anything aside from the girl's Crash.  That's very worrying--if she collects all three of them, she'll be able to just leave, and there's not much the team can do about it after they've lost the trackers.

Fortunately, Magnus still has his tracker, and has pateintly been waiting for it to find her while Whisperer searched.  When the tracker does find her, it points directly upward.  He looks up.  And sees Emine directly overhead, her scowling face peeking over the side of a branch.  There's five Crash rifles levitating near her, aimed at him.  Magnus doesn't really have the time to mentally process this fact, as a half-second after he looks up, the five levitating rifles open fire, each of them perfectly aimed at his eyes.

Now, the heavy powered armor Magnus is wearing is designed to be immune to such mundane firearms--but even advanced materials enhanced with magic have their limits.  Fifteen bullets impact his helmet within a quarter-second, and though none of them penetrate, it's akin to being punched in the face.  He goes reeling backwards, the bullets still flawlessly tracking his sudden jerking movements; by the time he raises his arms to defend his face, he's been nearly blinded by damage to the helmet's visor.  He can see three intact bullets lodged inside the transparent material, hanging centimeters away from his eyes.  The gunfire only stops once the entire squad begins firing back.

Whisperer: [5]

The fire doesn't stop as Magnus falls backwards, redirecting to shoot at his neck, then his armpits, as he tries to defend himself.  But it's concentrated exclusively on him, allowing Whisperer to draw his own gun and return fire without interference.  He quickly lines up his sights on Emine's head, and pulls the trigger--only for her to jerk her head to one side just beforehand, dodging his bullet.  He shoots twice more to the exact same effect, before he decides to switch to automatic and simply spray bullets through the branch Emine is on top of.  The girl starts running down the length of the branch before he even thinks to do this, completely avoiding harm, though she doesn't stop firing at Magnus or so much as look away from him.

"It's not that deep, Joe. Just get over it! And yeah, I agree with Magnus."
Wait for the ping, prepare to use the magic jetpack and fly to the sky just in case there will be any attacks, shoot as well.
Wait for the people with the trackers to point out where she went, then either gun her down or press forwards.
"So is she dead or not?"
Wait until the ping happens and find out if she's dead.

You all wait patiently for one of the pings to go through, but it turns out to be pointless.  Before anyone can tell you where Emine is, she announces herself by opening fire from directly above Magnus and Whisperer.

Vermilion: [1], [6]
Zultan: [6] [5]
Saki: [1]

((Yeah, Xan really is with you.))

Reacting quickly, Verital opens fire before even taking aim, instead opting to walk his fire onto Emine, as she begins running down the branch she's on.  She suddenly stops mid-run, then steps backward and jumps over his stream of bullets.  Verital tries to track her movements, sliding his aiming reticles around to lead her, but somehow she always moves to just the right position to make him miss.  Still, he holds down both triggers, growing increasingly perplexed as to how she's dodging two miniguns without even looking at them.

Bob, in contrast, hesitates before opening fire, lining up on the girl.  When he does shoot, it's in controlled bursts--each of which misses when the girl makes a sudden surprising movement.  After a couple attempts, he just gives up on aiming, and holds the trigger down, chaotically sweeping his gun from side to side as the others fire.  This, finally, causes Emine to look away from her target, as she begins a violent flailing dance in an effort to dodge all the gun-fire directed at her.  A dance which soon fails, as she is grazed in her chest.  The hit sends her off-balance, and immediately afterward she's hit by several other bullets--from who, it's impossible to tell.  She falls off the branch, still flailing and trying to avoid bullets.

As for Kevin... he flies into the air, taking a flanking position... and his gun immediately jams the moment he tries to take a shot.  Poor Kevin.

This seems like a good time to *Ping* where she is.

Still bleeding out, but knowing there's always higher priorities than surviving, you pull out your soultracker.  Unfortunately, by the time it pings the magical girl's location, it's too late--she's already returned and opened fire.  You are in no condition to shoot back, so you just lay down, play dead, and focus on not bleeding to death through your mangled legs.

[4]

It goes pretty well all told.  You're still rapidly dying, but your vision's only going a little black.

"A decoy," The Australian mutters over the comms. "It's possible that was never the real her."

Drop down and examine the unbulleted underbrush nearby. See if I can find a trail or other signs of activity.

You fire a grappling hook into the branch you're standing on, then jump off, using the grapple to lower yourself safely down to the forest floor.  Your experienced eyes immediately start searching for signs of passage, but it proves to be in vain.  The magical girl did not return to the ground.  Somehow, she went up.

The others have the situation well in hand, or at least well in dakka, so you only spare a few seconds to watching the farce of a gunfight.  The magical girl is, apparently, dodging bullets.  As far as you can tell, she is doing so before those bullets are even fired.  Which is absolutely bullshit if it's what she's actually doing, but if it's a decoy...

You set to scanning around her surroundings, for any hint of a true position.  You don't find anything, but you're not certain if that's because there isn't anything to find, or if you've just missed it.




Everyone's in about the same location, or close enough:


Spoiler: Kevin (saki) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Bob (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

  • Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2023, 01:33:08 pm »

"AGHH! JESUS MARY IN A GODDAMN EGG BASKET!"

Get my head down and find some cover from this telekinetic psycho NOW use my companions as meat shields if I gotta! I know she can see where I'm at but I need time and space to fix this damn visor! If I die who knows what magical bullshite she will pull off on the rest of the team! Also im keeping my ability on. (Honestly I just prefer not to die)

(Also you put the visor "wound" under the wrong person unless Magnus gained the ability to transfer armor wounds while I wasn't looking)

(Edit: Also also if we all blow up cause crazy refuses to do literally anything to save himself im gonna laugh and cry.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:42:42 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Logged

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2023, 03:47:51 pm »

((Whoopsie!  Thanks for the catch.  I was in a rush.

Something that I should've put in the narrative, your beacon power was indeed still active during this turn (as your action said) which was relevant.  You may want to specify if you keep it on/off, though I'd just assume off since you're retreating.

Also, I totally forgot Joe's nuke has a deadman's switch!  Thank you for that catch too.))

Fluffe9911

  • Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SMAK: Hunt a ~Magical Girl~ as SWAT!
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2023, 04:40:06 pm »

((Whoopsie!  Thanks for the catch.  I was in a rush.

Something that I should've put in the narrative, your beacon power was indeed still active during this turn (as your action said) which was relevant.  You may want to specify if you keep it on/off, though I'd just assume off since you're retreating.

Also, I totally forgot Joe's nuke has a deadman's switch!  Thank you for that catch too.))
Im gonna keep it on I don't plan on running far and I still want her to target me I just want to make it slightly harder for her to kill me while targeting me. Also no problem.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:41:54 pm by Fluffe9911 »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9