Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 56286 times)

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

Wasn't he a man? A half man? Or maybe just a dragon...

But he was still Trogdor.

..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2008, 09:11:00 am »

Okay, Dwarven hammerer seems to be the choice.  I'll generate a few worlds to see if I can get elves and dwarves, and then I'll see if I can whip up an update, seeing as how this thread's been neglected for so long.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

Turns out I already had one...   And it even happens to be the world that Jadugarr came from.

Oh, by the way.  Mirrsen, you need to look into giant scorpions and antmen, they seem to be having some trouble.  Scorpions especially.

It was a fine day.  Sibrek Smashmaster sucked in the cold mountain air through his large nose, letting it out slowly and contentedly.

Sibrek could feel the ache of adventurelust in his bones, and knew that nothing aside from stepping out from the mountainhome and into the grand world beyond would sate it.

He gave a quick glance over his shoulder at the hall's entrance behind him, and then began making his way North, out towards where the mountain range crumbled into the area known as the Glad Desert.

From the Glad Desert, which was (as per its name) gleefully void of anything more dangerous than the occasional lizard or desert hare, he worked his way North-Northeast up through the Dunes of Relief.  This area was known for its soft and cushy sand, and the abundance of water gained from the river it surrounded.

Indeed, why it remained a desert has confounded scholars across the ages.  It has been assumed that any plants encroaching on the area become too relaxed to bother with the exhausting affair of sprouting.

Sibrek passed through this area, and continued North along the river through the Jungle of Perishing.  He had simply intended for the river to bring him to something of interest, but those plans were squashed when the river terminated into the Worthless Oceans.

Standing atop the Hill of Sourness and looking out across the crashing waves, he realized that deep within his very core, he really didn't need to go swimming for hours on end in those waters in search of a single shark.  He had never been to an ocean, but he felt exactly this way nonetheless.

He decided to make camp for the night, even though it was still bright daylight.  After rooting through the undergrowth for a while and hurling himself off of a few ledges, he found the perfect spot to lie down for a good nap.  The river.

Sibrek jumped into the water, splattered a lamprey which had been in a disagreeable mood at having its space taken by a dwarf, and put his head down on a nearby current, using it as a pillow.

When he woke up several hours later, at the crack of midnight, he opened his mouth and sucked in some water before hopping out onto dry land and wringing his beard out to dry.  He had quite a ways to go yet, even though he didn't really know which way he was going to go.  Whichever way it was, it would certainly be a long way.  Of that he was reasonably certain.

Vote!
Which way does Sibrek Tobkôn go?

A) West.
B) East.
C) South.
D)*_____

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2008, 10:24:00 am »

west
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Snugglebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

West sounds good to me.  Avoid further piscine shenanigans in favor of some good old-fashioned hammering.
"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally-designed image of a dragon and a dwarf by Ber Ilavuz.  The dragon is making a plaintive gesture.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose."

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2008, 10:55:00 am »

D) Elves!
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>..It has been assumed that any plants encroaching on the area become too relaxed to bother with the exhausting affair of sprouting.</STRONG>
 :)

Scorpions and antmen? What problems did they have? I've kinda uprooted the entire body structure right now, so whatever it was, it is fixed.

Oh, and I also think West should be the way to go. Preferably something like WNW.  :)

[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

D) NORTH!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

D: Evilness.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »

Kogan: The ocean is to the north, so that's somewhat unlikely.  ;)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

Well, giant scorpions apparently can't breath (or don't have a heart), and I think antmen don't have brains.  I'm not sure what it is with antmen, I just know that the first seven lines that appeared for Mr. Smashmaster were all "The antman falls over".

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

Well, they all have brains and hearts, at least in the 1.5b version. I don't know what would cause them to collapse. They don't have any lungs though, but they don't in vanilla and they're fine...

If you still have 1.5a, then the problem is their instect-like form, because one of the experiments was having the brain attach to the neck. Since spiders, scorpions, and antmen have no necks...

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

A) West to D) DESTINY er... I mean ELVES

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

would have to say A) WEST

WAGONS HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

D

ELVES!!!

..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37