Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4725 4726 [4727] 4728 4729 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8861392 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70890 on: March 10, 2014, 11:41:38 am »

No, see a virus intends to mess with your computer and make it run slow.
...isn't that an exact description of Vista? :P
intends

Vista fucks everything up, even fucking your computer up is a fuck up.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70891 on: March 10, 2014, 12:49:09 pm »

Trying to get letters of recommendation. Blagh. I've got two! I need three! And nobody will respond to my emails. This is what happens, Bauglir. This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps don't go to school for 3 years.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:53:12 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70892 on: March 10, 2014, 12:54:27 pm »

It still weirds me out that I used Vista for a couple years, and never had any problems at all with it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70893 on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

It still weirds me out that I used Vista for a couple years, and never had any problems at all with it.
Doesn't with me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70894 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »

Consistency even in failure is too much for Vista.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70895 on: March 10, 2014, 01:09:26 pm »

When I did once upon a time use it, I never had too many specific problems, but it was terribly laggy and I was not at that stage doing anything more complicated than word processing and playing Age of Empires. I think I would have more problems with it now.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #70896 on: March 10, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »

I'm typing this from a school computer, in a library. Looking around, some of these books have just weird titles:

Everybody SEES the Ants
under SHIFTING glass
texas gothic

This is just sad.

(I typed those titles as they appear; one is mostly made up of lowercase letters, another just says the first and last in cursive and the middle one in all caps and print lettering, and the one has "SEES" in massive font and red lettering.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70897 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:50 pm »

Just found out the Titanfall is Origin exclusive. Completely killed any intention of buying the game.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70898 on: March 10, 2014, 03:40:10 pm »

Having had to install origin to handle found copies of Sims 3 expansions, it isn't particularly bad. Nowhere near as good as Steam, but it's inobtrusive and you'll never actually notice it outside of the times you deliberately run it to get updates.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70899 on: March 10, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »

And when it kicks you in the balls and shoots your mother.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70900 on: March 10, 2014, 04:03:59 pm »

My life is a moshpit inhabited by innumerable beasts of unthinkable variation, all of them set out to kill one another in a euphoric dance of ‼RAGE‼, form which there is no hope of escape! All will suffer in poverty, none shall accomplish their goals, and all are alone! Alone!

I NEED MY FUCKING HAPPY PILLS NAOW D:<
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70901 on: March 10, 2014, 04:31:42 pm »

My life is a moshpit inhabited by innumerable beasts of unthinkable variation, all of them set out to kill one another in a euphoric dance of ‼RAGE‼, form which there is no hope of escape! All will suffer in poverty, none shall accomplish their goals, and all are alone! Alone!

I NEED MY FUCKING HAPPY PILLS NAOW D:<

As long as they're killing each other and not you... bonus?

As for my sads, trying to pack the remainder of my life into a suitcase to go to be with my wife, hoping to goodness I can get it into one suitcase and a carry-on for cheapness. Thought I would manage it... until I discover another box, even though it's a tiny box, of stuff that my wife wanted me to take with me. Now I need another suitcase.

I also have to deal with more admin nonsese on top of the previous six months of visa shite and travelling to London two separate times badly sleep deprived (because night-shift) as the company I bought the tickets through doesn't seem to like being helpful in any capacity.

"Oh you were expecting us to inform you of the changes to your itinerary and the online forms you have to fill in before you fly, just because you paid us £700? No."

Perhaps the worst thing is I actually realise that all this isn't really that bad. I just can't be bothered with anymore of the wee hurdles of stress that pop up, I just want to be with my wife :(

Bureaucracy. Makes the world go round, just really bloody slowly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70902 on: March 10, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »

Nightmares.
Vivid, lucid nightmares. Sometimes my imagination is a double-edged sword no matter how I handle it-I know it is a dream, I don't back out. Despite it being a horrific nightmare that I can't escape. It's just like playing this game, and only until you notice differences in your surroundings that you get the idea:

"Oh crap."

The context lies in being in a 'safe' environment. Only until the similarities exist does the psychological horror come in...I mean, wow. My first dream where all my tests on 'is this a dream am I really dreaming' failed. Only when the surroundings changed (oh yeah, go me. Simulate two laptops both with LoL playing. I don't even play LoL.) do I notice the moment of fear, terror and goodness why can't I wake up. That, and the annoying feel of gravity that simulates 'I'm not dreaming. This is reality.'

I mean I can bloody see my own nose just as I see it IRL! Curse you dual vision.

Then the horror strikes. The adversary appears. And it is not human.

I am glad I am awake. But...what had just happened. It was a different nightmare than all others.
No trivialities like in the real world. Yet it was as real as in this waking reality (no, the game above has no bias on what I experienced). I saw nothing wrong, until I noticed the differences in my surroundings--and even then, all my dreams are vivid to the smallest detail.

I'm glad I'm awake. ;_;

Edit: This ain't what made it sad: It was a mixture of beauty, mystique, wonder and horror.
What made me sad is trying to convey the darn thing. Why are words so linear!?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:48:00 pm by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70903 on: March 10, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »

The very day I start working on job applications and Iron Diadem again my period hits.  I'm exhausted and also extruding a lot of blood.  So fucking tired of this bullshit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #70904 on: March 10, 2014, 05:16:29 pm »

I seem to have developed an addiction to pop tarts. Oh boy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 4725 4726 [4727] 4728 4729 ... 8158