Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5006 5007 [5008] 5009 5010 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8863465 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75105 on: May 19, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »

I only have one kidney, last I checked. :-\

Anyway, current sad: accidentally stayed up til almost 8AM playing GTA Online. Now I have a headache. Whoops.
The game isn't even that good, but when it works it's a fun, mindless timewaster.

Heh. I went to sleep at 9 am, woke up at one, somewhat tired, then went to do some renovation without a qualm. If I made a habit of it, I'd be wrecked, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75106 on: May 19, 2014, 05:02:56 pm »

Sleep is for the weak.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #75107 on: May 19, 2014, 05:05:43 pm »

Did you donate one?  If so, kudos.  If one failed, condolences.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75108 on: May 19, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

I really hope Yoink has both of them, and that he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75109 on: May 19, 2014, 05:29:11 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75110 on: May 19, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »

I really hope Yoink has both of them, and that he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
^
This so much, Yoink.

While you'd often hear that, hey, "you can live with 1 kidney :D", that causes a greater strain on said kidney due to kidneys working day in and day out to [PURGE YOUR BLOOD] from wastes and other materials (that come out as urine). Drink water > Helps kidneys. A visible sign of this waste is the yellowishness of your urine. The yellower it is, the greater the sign that 'hey, you need to drink more water.' And the ammonia-like smell. :v

Now. If you've got 1 kidney, there would be more stress on its performance, but still relatively ok if you support it well.

Did you donate one?  If so, kudos.  If one failed, condolences.
So. ^

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75111 on: May 19, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »

Also, my kidneys have been hurting like crap, I think they're overworked trying to filter all that crud out of my body, but I don't really understand how the body works, so I'm probably wrong on that bit.

I'm pretty sure that you're right about it being the kidneys that do that. There are a few other organs that do similar things, too, iirc.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75112 on: May 19, 2014, 05:37:13 pm »

Tiru! \o/

Anyway, I'm leaving the library for reals now, so I'll try to remember my phone tomorrow so I can see what's up with you guys.

Oh, and joining the "Get better Hans" wagon before I go.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75113 on: May 19, 2014, 05:39:26 pm »

Also, my kidneys have been hurting like crap, I think they're overworked trying to filter all that crud out of my body, but I don't really understand how the body works, so I'm probably wrong on that bit.

I'm pretty sure that you're right about it being the kidneys that do that. There are a few other organs that do similar things, too, iirc.
Kidneys = lower back area. Not the front of your lower torso. ^ ^
OH. Since we're communicating via PMs a lot, if you need any anatomical or medical info, I'm really open to help :3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75114 on: May 19, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »

The kidneys are one of my favorite organs, because with a gel-ice pack I can remain cool in any heat by strapping it near them. If I had a gel ice pack. Thankfully the weather is much nicer this week.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75115 on: May 19, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »

The kidneys are one of my favorite organs, because with a gel-ice pack I can remain cool in any heat by strapping it near them. If I had a gel ice pack. Thankfully the weather is much nicer this week.
O_o
I would love to know your secrets.
Intriguing!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #75116 on: May 19, 2014, 05:46:29 pm »

Wait GWG was muted? And this is not the first time? Jeez, the only time I ever saw GWG seem really upset was in that Thawed game that went sour.
He got in an argument in a Mafia game, last I checked that might be the only thing that would mute him. Maybe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75117 on: May 19, 2014, 05:46:44 pm »

The kidneys basically squeeze the water and assorted stuff soluble in water, including useless or harmful crap from the blood like a membrane filter, run it through a moderately complex plumbing that picks up whatever useful stuff got through the filter like sugar or some water, and the rest, which being useless doesn't get reuptaken goes to the dumping grounds (read: bladder).

O_o
Intriguing!

Oh yeah, they are also well-supplied with blood, because you want to have as much filtering surface as you can get, so if you can cool them down, a lot of blood gets chilled at once and spread all around the body to cool it down.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75118 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:25 pm »

It's a trick I learned when I used to work at the Renaissance fair. Period costumes from a culture that grew up in England + Southern Californian Spring (AKA First Summer) = adaptation needed to survive. Behind the booths they actually have coolers full of gel ice packs so that people can swap them out. Not everyone could fit one down the back of their costume but many did. I always felt so bad for the people who played the Puritans, since their garb is mostly black.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75119 on: May 19, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

O_o
Intriguing!

Oh yeah, they are also well-supplied with blood, because you want to have as much filtering surface as you can get, so if you can cool them down, a lot of blood gets chilled at once and spread all around the body to cool it down.
I got that part :p I meant the gel-ice pack!
...I mess up with wording a lot. I'm so sorry :x

Wait GWG was muted? And this is not the first time? Jeez, the only time I ever saw GWG seem really upset was in that Thawed game that went sour.
He got in an argument in a Mafia game, last I checked that might be the only thing that would mute him. Maybe.
To be fair. It was in the...understanding of it :/ He reacted on emotion and said some things people only say in anger.

PPE: Partial enlightenment gained.
Pages: 1 ... 5006 5007 [5008] 5009 5010 ... 8158