Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4448 4449 [4450] 4451 4452 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8855702 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66735 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:56 am »

How about a text that just says "Wassup?"? Everything will flow smoothly after that - humans are amazing at talking about nothing. Just look at Congress :P

I can't help but feel that at this point, that'd just be desperate fishing for attention. She made the message clear by ignoring me once, I don't need to denigrate my pride further.

My mind was just thinking about her cause I pathetically can't get anyone else in my life.  That's it...
"Hey I really A, B, C, (...), en Y, but you're probably easier to get. Wanna see a movie or something?"

If it works, it won't fail.

Please understand, that this relations is dead. DEAD you hear me? It's completely impossible. I'm just fantasizing about something that's impossible.

Why did I even bring this here? It's clear I'd just be patronized to. Everyday, I'm having to struggle with this psychosis. What's wrong with me.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66736 on: October 21, 2013, 09:55:50 am »

How about a text that just says "Wassup?"? Everything will flow smoothly after that - humans are amazing at talking about nothing. Just look at Congress :P

I can't help but feel that at this point, that'd just be desperate fishing for attention. She made the message clear by ignoring me once, I don't need to denigrate my pride further.

My mind was just thinking about her cause I pathetically can't get anyone else in my life.  That's it...
"Hey I really A, B, C, (...), en Y, but you're probably easier to get. Wanna see a movie or something?"

If it works, it won't fail.

Please understand, that this relations is dead. DEAD you hear me? It's completely impossible. I'm just fantasizing about something that's impossible.

Why did I even bring this here? It's clear I'd just be patronized to. Everyday, I'm having to struggle with this psychosis. What's wrong with me.
Been there. The loneliness isn't as bad as that bastard worm hope, twisting and turning and gnawing the thoughts in the deeps of your brain no matter how you try to shut it out. Last time it happened to me - the second and much worse time - I tried to bludgeon it to death with alcohol for the better part of a month, which... turned out to be a terrible idea! Who knew? Preoccupation in other tasks, especially ones that involve friends/other people, and large amounts of time, seem to be the only things that help. For me at least. And even then it's spotty. Human emotions are a bitch. You know your own coping mechanisms best, so be careful and best of luck.

Seriously though, don't go the drinking route.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66737 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:33 am »

Fortunately I'm a teetotaler, though I have a feeling I'd be a depressed, heavy drinker if I allowed myself to fall into it.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66738 on: October 21, 2013, 10:18:48 am »

Yeah, there's not really any upside to those kinds of chem dependencies. Although the drinking was actually easier to kick than the technically less harmful video-games-as-self-medication that came up later (I say, on the forums of a game that still takes up far too much of my time O_o).
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66739 on: October 21, 2013, 10:56:08 am »

In my obsessive manner of thinking about my life situation, I think some of my problem is that whenever I pump myself up to go outside, I'm always doing it with the express purpose of changing my life situation to be less lonely. In this way, I'm also jinxing myself in that now everything in my mind is super forced and brutal: I can't think of anything but how much I need to work to get myself up to where a normal person is, I need to ignore any happy couples I see, every missed opportunity to speak to someone is an inexcusable abject failure in my mind even when nothing happens. Even the failure to think positive is considered a meta-failure, in my mind. What I set out to do, that is socialize, is utterly impossible in these conditions.

With my mind just reeling from itself, I just slink back home to return to my socially-spartan existence.

In my 'expeditions', I'm basically just wasting time in another, more crowded part of town, where now instead of feeling lonely and beating myself up in the comfort of my home, I'm feeling lonely and beating myself up in a crowded place.

I apologize for polluting the Sad Thread with my irritatingly persistent, utterly depressive drivel. I've been doing it a long time, and so frequently, that there's really no excuse.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66740 on: October 21, 2013, 11:57:06 am »

Ugg. I've been sick off and on pretty much this entire month. Really getting tired of it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66741 on: October 21, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

Yeah, there's not really any upside to those kinds of chem dependencies. Although the drinking was actually easier to kick than the technically less harmful video-games-as-self-medication that came up later (I say, on the forums of a game that still takes up far too much of my time O_o).

Tangentially to that post, for the first time in my life I drunk enough alcohol to get a bit tipsy. Accidentally. And I really can't see what do people like about it. Felt like the heavy-headedness you get when you're mentally exhausted/very bored, except in reverse.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66742 on: October 21, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »

It's the loosening of inhibitions and that goes both ways, from moody to giddy. If you're pensive or perturbed about something, it won't make you less, it'll just brush away the mental dusting you hide some of it under, or maybe you'll feel more inclined to sing and dance when you're home alone.

That's how I understand it, anyways. The examples above are for minor inebriation- you mileage may vary when it comes to getting more than tipsy.

No, it wasn't that. I just had a good meal and a been allowed to go home from a Utility Programs (basically, Word/Excel/miscellanea course, except it's more hardcore than the usual fare - I'm going to be using them in my Statistics course) over an hour early because I already did all the tasks. So it's not that I had any Bad Feels going on.

It's just the feeling of lightheadedness itself, it's weird, and not even the good kind of weird.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66743 on: October 21, 2013, 02:48:13 pm »

We have a preacher on campus named Gary who claims to be from the Westboro Baptist Church and warns us about the "homosexual generation" "taking it up the rear".

Sigh. I asked him what he thought of pegging, but he didn't get back to me. I was disappoint.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66744 on: October 21, 2013, 02:52:39 pm »

We have a preacher on campus named Gary who claims to be from the Westboro Baptist Church and warns us about the "homosexual generation" "taking it up the rear".

Sigh. I asked him what he thought of pegging, but he didn't get back to me. I was disappoint.
Sounds hilarious.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66745 on: October 21, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

I've often wondered how repressed someone like Gary's sexuality must be for him to come out with stuff like that.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66746 on: October 21, 2013, 02:57:11 pm »

I'd say something on this, but what hasn't been said.

Anyway, I seem to have begun to fall into a state of procrastination and work.

What bothers me and makes me sad is that I'm beginning to think I have ADD like my cousins, and while I'm not saying it's bad, hell I think they are great, I'm concerned by the fact I'll be bugging myself about it for days ::)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66747 on: October 21, 2013, 03:06:36 pm »

I've often wondered how repressed someone like Gary's sexuality must be for him to come out with stuff like that.
His sexuality is asexuality. I'm pretty sure guys like him just don't come.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66748 on: October 21, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »

If he was asexual, he probably wouldn't bother that much worrying over how and which other people screw. It's a well-known correlation that the people who shout the loudest are secretly what they hate.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66749 on: October 21, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »

If he was asexual, he probably wouldn't bother that much worrying over how and which other people screw. It's a well-known correlation that the people who shout the loudest are secretly what they hate.
That's more of an assumption made to weaken the arguments of others. What about homosexuals asking for equality? Are the loudest of them secretly straight?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 4448 4449 [4450] 4451 4452 ... 8158