Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2037912 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9240 on: December 09, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »

Clearly, the solution is Stealth Rock.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: December 09, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

I made it out of the fortress after killing ~40 goblin soldiers and the adminis-traitor. I then killed a night creature and traveled underground through an abandoned fortress to another, actually dwarven fortress! I got a drink in the tavern and filled up my waterskin and now I'm telling a story. SWEET JESUS THE LAG

I have also discovered that dwarven humans are master race.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: December 09, 2015, 06:33:32 pm »

The Laggening.

So...hmm. I have more cyclops parchment quires than I know what to do with now. o3o

EDIT: And I noticed there were some cyclops skeletons west of the group. I thought this seemed suspicious, so I ventured over and found another lair. Hydra, aw hell.

EDIT 2: Is it just me, or are hydras now a lot easier to kill? I lolnoped all of its attacks, hobbled it with gutshots and leg hits, then bled it dry by poking it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:50:57 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: December 09, 2015, 08:19:00 pm »

The Laggening.

So...hmm. I have more cyclops parchment quires than I know what to do with now. o3o

EDIT: And I noticed there were some cyclops skeletons west of the group. I thought this seemed suspicious, so I ventured over and found another lair. Hydra, aw hell.

EDIT 2: Is it just me, or are hydras now a lot easier to kill? I lolnoped all of its attacks, hobbled it with gutshots and leg hits, then bled it dry by poking it.
I am also The Laggening. I decided to visit a dark fortress. Everything's going fine, then I cross another chunk boundary, now it takes an RL minute to take a step.

Hydras have sort of a sudden drop-off where they become very easy to kill if you can dodge the first few attacks. I once was terminally surprised by a hydra on Monster Island - I was ripped limb from limb as all seven heads shook their prey.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: December 09, 2015, 08:22:47 pm »

I was actually remarking on your laggening, these lairs aren't that overpopulated.

And basically...yeah. If you don't quickly floor their speed by forcing them to go prone or inducing nausea, you're pretty much kibble.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: December 09, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »

I did a shitload of save-scumming on that monster island and what I found successful was hacking the hydra's legs so they can't grab you. If they grab you you can to the multiattack + dodge trick and you get ripped limb from limb.

I also modded hydras to have steel teeth so they could kill bronze colossi and I cold make hydra tooth spears to kill bronze colossi. I eventually grew strong enough I could kill them with my bronze axe.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: December 09, 2015, 08:42:10 pm »

I did a shitload of save-scumming on that monster island and what I found successful was hacking the hydra's legs so they can't grab you. If they grab you you can to the multiattack + dodge trick and you get ripped limb from limb.

I also modded hydras to have steel teeth so they could kill bronze colossi and I cold make hydra tooth spears to kill bronze colossi. I eventually grew strong enough I could kill them with my bronze axe.

I need to add a way to kill bronze colossi with body materials. I might make something that requires killing all the other types of megabeast first. Make it an endgame solution.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: December 09, 2015, 08:48:46 pm »

so had an idea of breaking hell loose then get 5 demons to join them in a band then do a world tour, maybe throw in an angel drummer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: December 09, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »

so had an idea of breaking hell loose then get 5 demons to join them in a band then do a world tour, maybe throw in an angel drummer.

Ooh. Or start by getting a slab and use it to make the demon join your party? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:46 pm »

I need to add a way to kill bronze colossi with body materials. I might make something that requires killing all the other types of megabeast first. Make it an endgame solution.
Not steel colossi.

Though they get eaten by elves in world-gen so body materials work somehow.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: December 09, 2015, 09:13:31 pm »

That's loco. I'd rather not make butcherable steel monsters. I was thinking more like a "make weapons using body parts or reagents from each type of megabeast combined" or something ritual magic ish.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: December 09, 2015, 10:01:14 pm »

They aren't butcherable, but they do drop a really broken weapon if you kill them, a big masterwork steel hammeraxe I call a Durnil.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: December 09, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

I just managed to reproduce a mini loyalty cascade in Adv. Mode. (Which resulted on my death).

I was fighting a pack of dingoes alongside my companions (Swordsman and Spearman), when I accidentally chose the wrong target and stabbed Swordsman. He promptly slashed my left hand clean off, so I went "submissive stance", asked for cease to hostilities, he stopped. But Spearman didn't like it, so he started stabbing Swordsman. While they were fighting, I managed to ask Swordsman to join my adventures again, and he agreed. I tried to get him and Spearman to stop fighting (cease hostilities! Yield!), but they didn't. Both were still in my Companions list.

After Swordsman was done with Spearman, he attacked me (again, still listed as a companion). Faint from the bleeding stump on the end of my left wrist, I couldn't really fight back, so he killed me.

Killed by an ally. Add that to the Dwarf Fort Adventurer death list.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: December 09, 2015, 10:30:45 pm »

the game still has the attack someone tied to a Civ you attack their entire kingdom thus become the enemy of their civ bit, good to know for future 42.0x adventures.

so after being amazed at the elven bar I wonder if it's possible to harvest copperhead snake venom and mix it into a drink?
edit : OH GOD THIS ELF BAR IS NEAR A WATERFALL
note to self move back here after world tour.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:31:25 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9254 on: December 09, 2015, 11:19:47 pm »

I am the official performer for a village (I murdered the only other performer in the woods after tricking him into walking in there, cleaned off the blood etc, and they don't suspect a thing)...now I am teaching the lord's children my ways... been working on this kid for the last couple in-game days (while also keeping everyone entertained)

Btw, to hide murders just make sure no one sees you kill the person, and make sure you have nothing that is identified as theirs on you (wash off the blood and don't show any body parts) so the rumor cant spread and never tell anyone..

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:21:24 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1104