Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366644 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2011, 03:39:42 pm »

Is there any way with this to turn invading/merchant elves and humans into members of the fortress, so that they can do labours, marry and reproduce with other elves/humans, so I could create a multiracial fort?
remove the "is resident" flag and change their civ numbers to your own.
then boot up Dfusion(old version until Warmist gets peterix to update DFhack with the latest Dfusion corrections) and run friendship if the case maybe that they don't do tasks.
getting them to noble classes is off the table unless you run friendship first before embarking.
oh and they can't cross breed on their own with out help of third party utilities and usually the result ends up to ugly to look at there a solution to the cross breeding but that digressing from the point.

Thanks for the reply i'll give it a crack when I have a chance. Just to clarify it isn't possible to create halfbreeds (for example human mother dwarf father) but will humans still reproduce with other humans?
It's possible to create halfbreeds(using raws that combines both ) just that dwarf fortress will not do it for you, and you have to change the race of another to be compatible to breed.
a human can not simply breed with an elf for there no code to accept relationships cross breeds in fort mode but you can turn a human into a elf temperately to build that relationship and even then the child would have human and elf dna which the game can't pull heads or tails to search for either(if the mother was an elf it would be born an elf but will have human dna that is not in the elf raws which breaks the game when ever you try to look at the baby). I research on how to get past it and what I found was if you make the mother have the same detail raws as the father the child won't have much a hard time pulling information from the parents to exist.
so you need to make sure either both elf and human are the same in facial features to properly race change into and breed or make sure to have a race of half elf half human around to swap the mother into before she delivers the baby.  My guess is have one caste be male human and the other be female elf and make another creature raw doing the reversal. oh and their family members won't talk about their half race family members and treat them like non-hostile night creatures quite funny though.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 09, 2011, 07:27:07 pm »

Accidently set an endless siege, how can I fix it ive gone through all the tags i think could cause it :(... help please??

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 09, 2011, 10:06:10 pm »

Accidently set an endless siege, how can I fix it ive gone through all the tags i think could cause it :(... help please??
you auto killed entire goblin squad and now they are sending everything they got to kill you because you have the one thing that can wipe them out.
my only way to fix this is to either revive every single goblin and kill them off or revive one and hope they run off.
sizeak could adding a warning about murdering goblins with runesmith might lead to an endless sieges? seems like this is the hot topic.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:30 am »

So, is there a way to permanently or temporarily make a pet, humanoid, war-trained creature into a something that can be conscripted into my military, and permanently assigned equipment? I've read about Cacame, Elf King of Dwarves, and back then it was possible to do with Dwarf Companion... however, AFAIK DC isn't supported by the current game version.

The aim is to take my modded tigermen (pet, with innate weapons skills, trainable and already war-trained, [EQUIPS] so they come wearing large clothes but no armor, and equipping no weapon despite [HABIT_USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON]... shouldn't that have them make a beeline to the nearest weapons stockpile? IIRC it works fine with minotaurs where it's copied from...) actually pick up weapons and if possible shields. Bonus if they can stay conscripted into squads after being switched back from dwarf to war tigermen.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 16, 2011, 12:33:43 am »

Creativity is spelled as Creatvity in Attributes tab.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 18, 2011, 12:30:11 pm »

i've been thinking, how hard would it be to code something to force a diagnose on a dwarf?

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:05 pm »

I have problems running Runesmith 0.1.20.
It says "Couldn't find a suitable process." every time I try to run it. DF is running and is in fortress mode. I am using DF 0.31.25 Windows SDL version. Trying with DF 0.31.19 windows SDL gave the same error.
The earlier Runesmith version 0.1.6 worked fine.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

blake77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 27, 2011, 12:37:23 pm »

Do you have the latest memory.xml . Try using the one from dfhack.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 27, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »

Erm, sorry if it has been answered, but it is 83 pages^^:
When I open Runesmith and look at the skills, I can only see those the dwarf in question has points in.
Like, after embark, I can only change the grower/brewer skill at my grower/brewer.
Is it a bug or am I blind?
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1239 on: October 27, 2011, 01:50:55 pm »

Erm, sorry if it has been answered, but it is 83 pages^^:
When I open Runesmith and look at the skills, I can only see those the dwarf in question has points in.
Like, after embark, I can only change the grower/brewer skill at my grower/brewer.
Is it a bug or am I blind?
greetz
The object that stores skill values doesn't exist until the creature has at least some skill. It is possible to reuse skill objects for different skills. Unfortunately, the version of dfhack runesmith uses is unable to actually create objects.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 27, 2011, 01:55:56 pm »

Hmm, damn
well then, how can you reuse the objects?
greetz
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:45:41 pm by Frelus »
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 27, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »

Do you have the latest memory.xml . Try using the one from dfhack.

I tried raplacing Runesmith's memory.xml with that from latest DFHack, or replacing DFHack.dll, or replacing both, but Runesmith still gaves me the error no matter what. Even tried redownloading Runesmith 0.1.20, but still the same. Also I am 100% sure I am using DF 0.31.25 Windows SDL, which is said to be supported.
My OS is Windows XP SP3 32bit if it matters.

Any other ideas?

I wanted to use Runesmith to "unberserk" a dwarf that failed a mood, because my haulers were too lazy in dumping selected materials to his burrow... Without working Runesmith, I guess my military will have to unberserk him... :(
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

HarryFromMarydelDE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 08, 2011, 09:26:52 am »

Has anyone recently had this working under Linux with Wine? I am running Dwarf Fortress 31.25 for Linux, the current version of Kubuntu , and the newest Runesmith. I am using the standard version of Wine from the Ubuntu repositories with winetricks installed. I have already turned ptrace back on which was necessary to get Dwarf Therapist running. I have the newest versions of Dwarf Therapist and dfhack and they work fine. Note that the actual program runs fine, but it can't find Dwarf Fortress (gives error "Can't find a suitable process" on startup), so it's not very useful. I tried copying the Runesmith files into Dwarf Fortress's root directory but that did not help either.

Alternatively, is there another program that runs under Linux that can export XML files suitable for Dwarven Guidance Counselor?

-Harry

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:21 pm »

I'm experiencing the weirdest error.
When I try to open Runesmith (whether it be during an open game or just the menu), it comes up with this:
error 2: Failed to open file, at row 0 col 0.
Any idea why? I've updated everything necessary.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1244 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »

Has anyone recently had this working under Linux with Wine? I am running Dwarf Fortress 31.25 for Linux, the current version of Kubuntu , and the newest Runesmith. []
You can only use it with DF running in wine.
Alternatively, is there another program that runs under Linux that can export XML files suitable for Dwarven Guidance Counselor?
Probably not. What do the files look like? (link to some documentation would be ideal)
I'm experiencing the weirdest error.
When I try to open Runesmith (whether it be during an open game or just the menu), it comes up with this:
error 2: Failed to open file, at row 0 col 0.
Any idea why? I've updated everything necessary.
It either can't find memory.xml or it's corrupted. Make sure you download it as a file (right click, save as) - copypasting out of internet explorer or other such weird apps will break it.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106