Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366568 times)

HarryFromMarydelDE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1245 on: November 15, 2011, 11:45:16 pm »

Has anyone recently had this working under Linux with Wine? I am running Dwarf Fortress 31.25 for Linux, the current version of Kubuntu , and the newest Runesmith. []
You can only use it with DF running in wine.

Oh well, Runesmith is out then.

Alternatively, is there another program that runs under Linux that can export XML files suitable for Dwarven Guidance Counselor?
Probably not. What do the files look like? (link to some documentation would be ideal)

There is an example .xml file in the download here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4238

-Harry

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1246 on: November 18, 2011, 03:51:55 am »

There is an example .xml file in the download here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4238
Awesome. It should be fairly easy to export dwarf info like this. The format is simple :)

HarryFromMarydelDE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2011, 09:13:32 pm »

Cool! If you could do that it would be awesome!

I thought about writing a plugin for DFHack that would duplicate Dwarven Guidance Counselor right on the DFHack console, but I don't know DF well enough to trust that I wouldn't be giving bad advice (for that matter I am kind of taking DGC's word that it knows what it's doing).

-Harry

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 20, 2011, 04:02:49 am »

Hi all!

What do such entires at labors page mean:
memory object not declared: type=labor key=94
memory object not declared: type=labor key=95

Looked at memory.xml, found this:
Code: [Select]
<Profession name="THIEF" id="94" military="false" can_assign_labors="true" />
<Profession name="STANDARD" id="95" military="false" can_assign_labors="true" />
That confuses me even more. Dwarf I'm looking at is dwarven queen arrived recently.
Also, labor with key 95 also set on one of children.

And the main deal that I was looking for - is it possible to modify materinal preferences of dwarf? Because monarch lacks them and thus doesn't issue mandates...
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »

Hi,

I just downloaded Runesmith (from here), extracted the files into a Runesmith folder located on the Windows XP virtual machine's desktop, started up the SDL version of Dwarf Fortress and have received the following error message:

I am running the SDL version of DF (0.31.25) using the Parallels emulator and Windows XP.  I have tried re-downloading and extracting, but haven't been able to figure out the problem.  Any ideas as to how I can get this to run?

-Dame de la Licorne

Edit: FIXED, installing the XP SP3, 2005 C++ Redistributable, 2008 SP1 C++ Redistributable and 2010 C++ Redistributable (in that order) now allows me to run Runesmith!  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:22:17 pm by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 07, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »

Hi,

So now that I have had a chance to explore this wonderful tool, I have a request to make for the next update (assuming that there will be one).  Would it be possible to add an option for changing the pregnancy flag (and potentially, the time that a pregnancy lasts)? 

Long explanation why:
The question came up because in my current fort, I have two female camels (one of each type) and a female musk-ox that I brought on embark, assuming that my caravans would eventually bring along some males as pack animals which would breed with the females.  However, 6 years into the fort, the only pack animals that I have seen from ALL of the caravans have been horses (no donkeys, no mules, let alone the three unusual ones).  So my hopes of creating camel and musk-oxen herds are pretty much nullified and I was hoping that I could "cheat" the situation with Runesmith, but I can't find a way to do so (though I do like what is included so far). 

-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 07, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

For multiracial forts, are there any issues regarding default armor sizes and non-dwarven troops?  Also, when you change a unit's race, say from dwarf to human, what happens to their clothing?  Does it change, too, or are dwarves and humans close enough in size to share clothes?

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:57 pm »

Hi,

Ok, I have a question: is it possible to change a creature's race (e.g. change a horse into a type of camel)?  If yes, how do I do it?  If no, could that capability get added at some point?

Thanks!

-Dame de la Licorne

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 30, 2011, 09:31:51 pm »

lol this should be help full for butchering dwarfs animales in my modding fortress
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 03, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »

After months of playing I started playing around with all those utilities in the lazy newb pack. I soon tested about everything, DT being by far my favourite tool! But now I discovered RuneSmith, and it's WONDERFUL! I can finally make my dreams come true.

Finally I can do some roleplayesque noble-tailoring, so that they suit their position. I always grumbled when I had to take nobles with bad skills. Now I can finally create those I want :) Alexander, you're fortress filled with zombie-slaves will be up soon (--> Amnesia: The dark descent) :D

Thanks again :)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

Hi,

Ok, I have a question: is it possible to change a creature's race (e.g. change a horse into a type of camel)?  If yes, how do I do it?  If no, could that capability get added at some point?

Thanks!

-Dame de la Licorne
you can't with this but you can with dfusion but I'm force to warn folks that doing so might lead to the game crashing unless you save after race changing the character, and even then you can't look at the creature's detail with out breaking the game. there a fix but that's more mod related and based around making identical creatures where the only difference is their name and non detail effecting raw tags.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

stuntcock42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 19, 2012, 05:32:16 am »

For multiracial forts, are there any issues regarding default armor sizes and non-dwarven troops?  Also, when you change a unit's race, say from dwarf to human, what happens to their clothing?  Does it change, too, or are dwarves and humans close enough in size to share clothes?
The size of the clothing is determined by the size of its creator.  Thus, dwarven smiths (and tailors) produce items appropriate for 60kg creatures, while a human would produce 70kg-baseline items.  Clothing/armour cannot be shared between creatures of different sizes, although weapons can be (subject to 2-handed considerations, of course).

I haven't tried to alter a creature's race on-the-fly, but I have altered the bodysize of a caste.  In my case, the creature retained its previous clothing but this state was precarious: when the soldier went off-duty and doffed his armour he was subsequently unable to re-equip it due to the size mismatch.

Depending on your circumstances, you might want to deliberately train up crafters of a particular race (e.g. exclusively human armorers), or train up a diverse group in order to produce a variety of equipment for a multiracial army.  Alternatively, you could alter the raws in order to give adult humans and dwarves a common bodysize, but doing so could render much of your current equipment unusable (depending on which creature's definition you choose to modify).

I don't think that there's any way to ascertain the {bodysize} value for a piece of clothing that's simply lying around, but by using the dfhack "Set Current Race" function you can assess its size relative to various races.  If you've set your race to "HUMAN" and the item name shows neither "small" nor "large", then it's the correct size for a human.

An interesting side-note: the cube-squared law (or something akin to it) takes effect when you apply this idea to non-standard creatures.  For instance, a bronze breastplate made by/for a horse masses ~160kg, but the horse's strength doesn't scale up - the raw files "expect" non-humanoids to run around naked, and the numbers are balanced accordingly.  Ironclad elephants are possible, but they move very slowly due to the immense weight of their armour.  If the effect becomes game-breaking then you can compensate for it by boosting the creature's (or race/caste's) stats.  Reducing the density of the metal is another option.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 22, 2012, 04:28:13 am »

Got a runesmith question: Is it possible to undo one desicion on who to promote to baron?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EngineerFromHell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 10, 2012, 08:47:26 am »

Oh, well, wrong thread, but anyway: how do I change creature's race with DFusion?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:55:01 am by EngineerFromHell »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:03 am »

Oh, well, wrong thread, but anyway: how do I change creature's race with DFusion?
if your using new dfusion then you can't until you add it in, it's originally in old dfusion in the adventure tools menu.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 106