Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2308713 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14490 on: May 09, 2015, 04:19:31 pm »

If these mods dont stop spawning reverants behind me I may quit the game together.

Brutal Doom.

was never a fan of those 'suprise butsecks' mods, and w/Brutal Doom its even worse.  Reverants are easily so of the most dngereous monsters in the game.  Their health is high enough that you cant dispose of them quickly with the shotgun/SS without a hard to get headshot, and they have the most damaging melee of nonbosses.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: May 09, 2015, 05:26:41 pm »

Some missteps and my attempt at using a spear that didn't have reach led to me getting too close for comfort with a pack of experienced orcs and I got skewered by their opportunity attacks. RIP in peace you majestic dwarf paladin son of a bitch. It was fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: May 09, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »

NGHHOOOOOOOOH

IT WAS THE END OF THE TRIAL

AND I ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED THE EMULATOR

FFFFFFF
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:42 am »

My first vehicles had a design flaw; the guns were clustered so close together that they'd block eachother, meaning that only 2 of my turrets were actually doing anything most of the time. I was often being outmatched by even the basic design they give you when you first sign up.

Robocraft. Highly recommend to anybody that hasn't played it before.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

blazing glory

« Reply #14494 on: May 10, 2015, 03:34:09 am »

Doing my best run yet, was heading to somethingsomethingwhatsit mountains with my lovely carbine and my 3 clones ready to help if I summon them.

Then I accidentally logged off the computer.

I really wish more roguelikes had auto saves because I do stupid stuff like this all the time when I'm playing them.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: May 10, 2015, 04:03:54 am »

Through pure coincidence I was in the Hogimo System with a probe fitted Heron when a new wormhole spawned. Having nothing better to do I quickly found it and entered it.
Because "no one ever is in Hogimo so no one will come up behind me" (Hogimo is a system that few travel through and no one ever spends any actual time in. Often having 2 or 3 guys online in it during primetime) and "no one can already be camping the other side since it was freshly spawned" I pretty much violated every existing safety regulation and common sense and started probing the wormhole system while sitting fat, dumb and happy only around 2 kilometers away from the WH itself.

10 seconds later some guy in an instant-locking Orthrus and rapid light launchers comes in behind me and blows my Heron into pieces in 2 seconds flat.

Pretty much the definition of "Yet Another Stupid death".

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:08:30 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: May 10, 2015, 04:33:18 am »

Mechjeb decided to take a tumble at the exact moment it was separating a rocket.  It appears that it has yet to be calibrated for the new aerodynamic model.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:58 am »

Double whammy on me. Doing the Blitzkrieg mission, going well when during an ambush my mouse dies and before I get my old one my captured T-34 dies (damn AT rifles). I reload thinking I just saved but... I only saved half way through so poof goes all my progress.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: May 10, 2015, 03:42:17 pm »

I built a flying robot out of the basic tier one thrusters, which technically isn't supposed to be possible (they're meant for giving ground vehicles a speed boost). It was based on the idea of a helicopter; pitch forward, and the downward-facing thrusters push you along. I couldn't figure out a way to make it turn reliably, since the thrusters are automatically mapped to WASD and spacebar depending on their position and orientation, making it hard to actually design anything that worked as intended. However, it flew, and I could get places provided I was very gentle on the controls. So I threw some guns on and took it into an actual battle.

Since the thrusters required light (read: fragile) construction, there was basically no armor at all. Even a single hit would throw off my center of mass or destroyed one of the thrusters, which sent me tumbling to the ground and left me helpless until somebody was kind enough to find me and kill me.

Robocraft.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: May 10, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »

If these mods dont stop spawning reverants behind me I may quit the game together.

Brutal Doom.

was never a fan of those 'suprise butsecks' mods, and w/Brutal Doom its even worse.  Reverants are easily so of the most dngereous monsters in the game.  Their health is high enough that you cant dispose of them quickly with the shotgun/SS without a hard to get headshot, and they have the most damaging melee of nonbosses.
As far as I'm aware, the mods themselves don't spawn monsters, it's a feature of the maps. That said, brutal doom does make revenants far more dangerous.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: May 10, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »

My latest ground vehicle, which I envisioned as a tank, had one fatal design flaw: only three cubes needed to be destroyed to disconnect 90% of the vehicle from the pilot seat, which means that only a single thruster is left. Although it is hilarious to see a giant tank suddenly turn into a robot sitting atop a thruster, spinning out of control and wondering what just happened :P

Robocraft again.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: May 10, 2015, 08:26:10 pm »

Well, I didn't die, but I think I die a little inside every time they force me to watch that CGI movie, which, to add insult to injury, runs at like 29 fps on my machine, taking up like five minutes of my life.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: May 10, 2015, 08:30:30 pm »

They should really make it clear where you can and cannot survive a jump.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: May 11, 2015, 01:40:34 am »

I tried a hovercraft build, since I unlocked the hoverblade. Like my failed thruster-based vehicle, it was extremely fragile, and the speed boost over wheeled vehicles was very small (not to mention very dependent on the shape and size of your craft). Once one hoverblade was destroyed, my only hope was to stay on the ground and hope that I could out-shoot my opponent. Since I usually ended up crashing with my guns buried in the dirt, I died more often than not after being shot down.

Robocraft.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: May 11, 2015, 06:56:08 am »

I found out that the Panzer 1 isn't a good thing to base your tank on in the far future.

Robocraft as well. Maybe an AFV would be a better design base.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:58:00 am by shroobot3000 »
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1571