Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621995 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2955 on: September 17, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »

Stance.

Phobophilic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 17, 2015, 09:31:18 pm »

Stance.

Awesome, thanks! Simple once you know what you're looking for, but I was stumped.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 17, 2015, 09:51:41 pm »

Not a prob, I had to alter all my keys because I started getting some keys sticking and some weird RSI from ones I use a lot which were weird.

Had to add in some stuff so I can do a bit of fort mode too because a lot of the keys I use kinda screw over easy fort mode usage, can't imagine how I'd go about setting it up for a laptop.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: September 19, 2015, 11:00:21 am »

Even with a cheaty character the size of a titan, legendary in all weapon skills, stats off the charts, full masterwork steel armor, and a masterwork platinum mace, I still got my ass handed to me. It's literally impossible to fight zombies, especially large numbers of them, without NOEXERT. That's what I eventually resorted to.

I dunno about that, I was able to fight about 10 at a time by luring them behind the tower, hacking their feet/legs off and then just moving back and hitting them, when I got tired I would just move for a few tiles until it went away.

Of course this all came to an end when I accidently attracted the entire tower, that was when I lit a few fires to block the horde and scrambled up the tower and down the other side and stole the slab.  I fought the horde for about 5 minutes before I gave up because I was doing more running than killing, and I was going down a lot.  Probably worth noting I had over 10 legendary skills at the time and my stats were capped as far as I could tell.

Also I'm not all that sold on blunt weapons being more effective than edged, it only takes the removal of 3 body parts for a zombie to die and it's really simple to remove one with each hit, but I've never tried blunt weapons.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: September 19, 2015, 03:56:41 pm »

Also I'm not all that sold on blunt weapons being more effective than edged, it only takes the removal of 3 body parts for a zombie to die and it's really simple to remove one with each hit, but I've never tried blunt weapons.
Really? When I fought the zombies with [NOEXERT], I had ones that were little more than headless torsos flopping after me. Without any necromancers to revive them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 19, 2015, 10:13:17 pm »

Gotta remove head+hands but if necros are around they just reanimated those bits and then you gotta pulp them.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: September 20, 2015, 12:56:23 pm »

I know, and there weren't any necromancers. I killed them first.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 28, 2015, 06:03:20 am »

Is it possible to tame animals in adventure mode?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 28, 2015, 06:29:33 am »

Sadly, no. You could raise some zambie animals as a necromancer, but...
thincake

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:02 pm »

I have a question.

I recently waltzed into a kobold camp and rifled through their goods. Then I decapitated their leader, the only armed one, and started taking the things I wanted.

None of them went hostile. Is this intent? I'm actually super inexperienced with adv. mode, having always devoted my time to fort mode.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 28, 2015, 08:00:22 pm »

Unlikely that they were historical figures so that isn't unusual, they're just little dudes hanging out in their camp and you ran in and killed one... why would they attack you? Bandits will get hostile usually, but you want goblins or actual megabeasts for more fun t han kicking around kobolds.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 28, 2015, 08:27:13 pm »

Unlikely that they were historical figures so that isn't unusual, they're just little dudes hanging out in their camp and you ran in and killed one... why would they attack you? Bandits will get hostile usually, but you want goblins or actual megabeasts for more fun t han kicking around kobolds.

I mean, I guess that makes sense if they aren't actually part of the same group, they all just happen to be hanging out at the same camp. I figured they were organized.

I have one more question. My first quest was that "Bandits led by Elf-name Butternuts (paraphrased) are harassing the town". So I killed the two bandits I found in town and went off to kill their leader and his entire camp. When I came back, bandits were still harassing the town. I found two more bandits (in the same exact spot) and asked them about their leader, who they said was dead. I killed them too, but everyone still talks about bandits. They even know that the leader is dead.

What do? I want to "finish" that quest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 28, 2015, 10:25:00 pm »

Continue with the murder for a while until it goes away.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 29, 2015, 11:07:40 am »

The harassment/drive off/start trouble quests are all hard to figure out so far. Someone said they did the drive off quest by claiming the site after killing people, don't think the harassment one is so easily fixed though.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:39 am »

DF 04.24

1. How to fillup skulking villians quests? Should I kill all members of group or only a leader?
2. How to be NOT "unhinged" and "villain"?
3.Is it possible to join animal man as traveler companion?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:51:24 am by Tilogour »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 327