This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 508330 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 11-6-11]
« Reply #3000 on: November 06, 2011, 12:26:28 am »

Hold on with filling the new char slot.
Lets get to the top-left guy now :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:34 am »

Character slots are limited so I don't lose my mind trying to connect fifty bajillion hanging plotlines.
No quantity of zemblax would likely be able to convince me to provide another one.

I suppose it might be feasible to use zemblax to pay through an extraneous plotline panel by panel.
I wouldn't see 300 getting you more than 3 panels tops though.

I've juts opened up some metagame can-of-worms haven't I?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 06, 2011, 12:38:03 am »

>:D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 11-5-11]
« Reply #3003 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:20 am »

TQ-04 has been struck down

. . .

This wasn't part of the original plan but it came so far out of left field that it almost works.
I can't really think of a more appropriate way for my Lovecraft parody character's story to end.
Still, it feels kind of weird to see him gone because he's the only character that underwent any development.

Better fill that slot wisely when it comes time to do so.

Wow.  I have a sensation both of sadness and completeness.  That was a successful story, with beginning, middle, and end.

If you have any sort of larger plan for the plot, as you've indicated, you should be angling to get points of development for the other characters.  Also, since TQ-04 is on the same planet (you know, the fifth planet from the Gabronian homestar) as TQ-03, the yogurt plot is far from finished.  (Pirate droids vs. horrors from beyond time?)  And for anyone counting, we now have both ZC-04 (the mutant) and TQ-05 (this one) still in the thick of things.

This death, and the inevitable plot recombination, should shake up the question of how "cyclical" the roster has seemed recently.  Another shake-up could be in that instead of TQ-04's chums, we consider adding TS-419--the "little green man" who's been the right hand of TQ-03.  A change of the mutant colony plot by giving a different perspective.  Or we could wait until TQ-03 dies to do so, of course.

. . .

I'll miss you, TQ-04.

Meanwhile, be scarféd Rauthaz.

--Rexfelum
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:42:16 am by Rexfelum »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 06, 2011, 02:31:58 am »

So would suggesting the spot where TQ-04 was be replace with a "goblin" be a waste or a great idea?
I keen on having that spot be replace for long time in the batter box, Leeyanne or newcomer AI that murderous litheu.

wait he AI had access to the chair and didn't try to pop TQ-04 off the chair shoot given how liquidy that room was -42 absorb most of the station and killing 04 only stop his progress by an inch given he still has his old cloning chamber there no one who can stop him... outside of a Robotic Corn with one eye with a sidekick who has long flowing hair, Armok, Tearmok, Mogul, Magma,and/or Goblin squad. Shoot he can clone TQ-04 back mind and all and trap him in virtual session of torture then clone another one in means of working on a way to enter Shabalash.
so killing our selves Doomed the universe a little... unless Tearmok gets that mech suit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #3005 on: November 06, 2011, 03:55:36 am »

My top picks for filling the empty slot:
  • Litheu
  • ZC-04
  • TS-419
  • Giga-Nana :P

I suppose it might be feasible to use zemblax to pay through an extraneous plotline panel by panel.
Hmm... how about TQ-04's ghost surveying the ruined mindwiping facility/droid depot/whatever whilst awaiting his ride to the afterlife?
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 06, 2011, 07:49:19 am »

It looks like I'm the only one who wants us to become TQ-04.1, TQ-04's twin-in-every-regard brother.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 06, 2011, 09:19:15 am »

Wait, the society is based entirely on cloning... or at least breeding in tubes. So why wont the slot be filled by TQ-04's clone? Sure he wont have memories of recent events, but he'd be the same sectoid.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:35 am »

Be XF 3.14, the chief gabronian scientist.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 06, 2011, 11:56:14 am »

Wait, the society is based entirely on cloning... or at least breeding in tubes. So why wont the slot be filled by TQ-04's clone?

Same reason why we can't
become TQ-04.1, TQ-04's twin-in-every-regard brother
namely, neither "TQ-04.1" nor "TQ-04's clone" exist, because that's not how anything in the breeding process has worked so far.  We've got this idea that us Sectoids are named in whole integers and grown in spawning chambers.  You choose/get assigned a career (or, in some cases, not), and off you go.  The clones are already as uniform, and as unique, as they're going to be, and are not "related" to each other.

Then there's Alpha Rauthaz, who seems to not be a clone somehow.  Not sure what's up with that.

Anyway, I like Andux's listing:

• Litheu
  • ZC-04
  • TS-419
  • Giga-Nana

. . . Though I'd still add poor, confused TQ-05.  I propose that a new poll go up once we're done with this "favorite character" thing.

Speaking of which, TQ-03 is clearly down at the bottom.  Does anybody like the idea of replacing TQ-03 with TS-419?  I know this isn't part of the debate right now, but the poll is just sitting there and I presume Robocorn is gonna do something with it eventually.

--Rexfelum

P.S.: Funky colors because I can.

Edited P.P.S.: Dangit, I just re-read that first link I made.  TQ-02 knew TQ-04.  Do you think he'll ever find out what happened?  Actually, in that link, I see TQ-05 crying to see TQ-01 and TQ-02 leave.  We'd better get TQ-05 back in the story somehow, either directly or via ZC-04, so she can develop further; and somebody needs to learn the news of TQ-04 to share with the others.

Edited P.P.P.S.: TQ-04 was crying too!  The only one not crying was TQ-03!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:05:22 pm by Rexfelum »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 06, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »

I still say becoming a clone of tq-04 or any one on the station where TQ-04 died is a bad idea, for the idea that -42 took over every thing searching for -04 and the a chance of limited actions for them that doesn't lead to be pulled into the goop be struck down.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 06, 2011, 12:47:18 pm »

the station where TQ-04 died

Station?  Try homeworld.  You know, Mezizz?  The fifth planet of the Gabronian home system?  Not gonna label that one a lost cause without a fight.  Not to mention that TQ-01, TQ-02, and Alpha Rauthaz are already headed there on the Acier Rouge for some sort of important event in a few hours, so there's going to be a fight somehow.

I may be conflating "get to Mezizz" with "the important event," but the point stands.

--Rexfelum
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:50:29 pm by Rexfelum »

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 06, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »

:'( No one who is put in his slot will fill the hole in my heart. TQ-01 time please!

Edit: Is TS-419 the guy with the scar? I think he's cool, but if we changed him we'd have even fewer female characters.
Maybe use him for the new slot? Or someone else entirely.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:58:25 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 06, 2011, 03:17:09 pm »

No replacements!

Once a slot is empty, it stays empty! Maybe that'll teach us not to be so cavalier with Gabronian life!

Fare thee well, TQ-04. And may celestial dream beings sing thee to thy rest. (sniff)

Anyways, let's be TQ-01 again. We haven't seen him for a while.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 06, 2011, 03:23:39 pm »

Leave the slot empty, for now. Awesome story with an awesome ending, that was.

TQ-01!!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 252